It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre Ban Knife Choices For Brits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Spyderco.

The guberment are changing the definition of flick knife, it's possible the Spyderco opening hole will fit the new definition. If you want a good rescue knife you can't go wrong with a Spyderco. I always have one in my pocket when I'm driving long distances. At service stations it gets left in the car.

For bushcraft knives buy something Finnish. The only post-ban problem will be having it sent to a collection point where you will have to provide proof of your ethical purity. It's obvious any criminal buying a knife online will force one of his drug customers to order it and pick it up from the collection point.

For burglars there is only one recommendation.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I buy all my knives from my local gun shop so I'm not fussed. Ordered my sharp basket hilt sword yesterday and had no problems.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I buy all my knives from my local gun shop so I'm not fussed. Ordered my sharp basket hilt sword yesterday and had no problems.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'm thinking these proposed restrictions may be a boon for knife makers.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sharp enough?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: testingtesting

I'm thinking these proposed restrictions may be a boon for knife makers.

No it wont.

It will benefit the middle men who own the shops o reckon.

Most knife makers surely do most of their business online and dispatch items by post etc.

I wonder if a move to courier will counter it?

I sell a few bone knives and spears and am wondering where i stand

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

My son and I both carry the Delico by Spyderco. Small and still containing all the positive benefits of a typical spyderco knife.

That and Benchmade are typically the only 2 knives i spend money on buying. The rest are just substandard, save for a few custom makers.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Oooooo not got a bone knife send me a pm with pics and a price

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm a fan of benchmade, my buddy keeps telling me to get a spyderco.

I have a few CRKT, Bokers and Microtechs. Those all are pretty nice to me(wouldn't call them substandard), but knives really aren't my thing so I'm far from an authority on them.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Eww no way spyderco is garbage.

Weak tips, crap steel, bad pivot points.

You should go for higher build quality for a folder.
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
too many knife " fanbois " obsess over brands

its not who made it - that counts - its what you do with it

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

BS. Quality is quality. No different than any other tool.

Unless you want it folding and cutting your fingers off when you actually use it and a loose balde that can't hold an edge, or bends at the tip.

You need all the right metalurgy for strength without bending or breaking, holding an edge without being too thick.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
too many knife " fanbois " obsess over brands

its not who made it - that counts - its what you do with it

Sounds like you are not familiar with the materials science behind making fine cutlery.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When you are over 6ft and have long blonde hair there is only one thing to use

www.thorhammer.com...

I've inherited one and lets just say its got enough punch but generally I'd grab something like a wrench and just say well I was off to my mums to sort out a plumbing problem etc.

Pruning saw and all sorts of other kit will still get you around any ban as general gardening kit is perfectly fine, and if we're going up close and personal, a length of platted wool will be enough to strangle someone etc

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It really is personal choice, but dollar for dollar, sub $200 I'd go for DPX hest folders. It is the best edc in my opinion, and I have collected almost every brand made, and a quite a few customs. They have a bottle opener on the back of the blade that catches your pocket and it is faster than any auto made, without the spring beating up the stop until the blade is loose.

If cash isn't an issue, I'd go for Strider folders.
Elmax powdered steel is the hot new blade out there. The molecules in the powered steel are much smaller vs normal steels, so they sharpen down to a scalpel sharp edge, and is used to make scalpels. Zero Tolerance is using this steel quite a bit now.

I don't use my edc for protection, but I do use it constantly for work, so I torture test the crap out of all these blades

If you need a home defense, or you are going to be in the military, and put your life on the line, skip the folder and go for the best... they have a 2 year wait list, but you can find some around the net, if you search hard enough.
CrusaderForgeLink

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Not be able to cut up your dinner next. LoL

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I keep this Buck knife on me usually. I've got the 50th anniversary belt knife also from Buck. I prefer the plastic handle to the Worden handled ones. It's nice and light and a good size. Keeps an edge pretty well too. Needs to be sharpened though. I use it for pretty much anything I would need to use a knife for.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: skalla

Oooooo not got a bone knife send me a pm with pics and a price

Look me up on instagram dude, last i made was maybe three months ago i think. Talking 90 plus though.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I've had a Ignitor from CRKT for years and now have the Ignitor T.
The first one, a buddy snapped the tip off trying to use it as a pry bar, but I reground the blade and kept it and then..well..I just wanted a new knife and that had been such a good one I got another. They are by no means inferior. I am hard on knives and use it for everything from skinning wire, opening boxes or pruning roses to peeling an apple
[ after I rinse off the gunk from whatever else I used it for]
These have held up great over time.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does a trident count as a knife or a fork?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join