It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Marijuana - What’s It Good For? IFL Science.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Since I live in backwards Georgia, I went to great lengths to get help for my neuropathy. Every study said it would alleviate the pain and help restore the nerve damage.

Worthless. Helped zip-and I'm talking high quality THC/CBD oil, etc.

Yeah, it was fun in the 70s, but I had no help medicinally except sleeping all day.

We need alot more research and an honest discussion of benefits. I know there are some like for seizures etc but it's definitely NOT the panacea that's being sold to the public for all the ailments they list.

Can ANYONE be honest these days?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Drug dealers aint putting extra drugs on your weed for free.

This 100 times over! And the argument that it creates dependency is absurd. It’s just too expensive, plus not logical. I keep hearing rumors of fentanyl laced weed in TN, but can fentanyl even survive the combustion? I’m not positive, but I’ve been told that it can’t.

It’s all propaganda to keep people afraid of a PLANT that has great potential to help in many ways.
As Rickymoyse said- it’s no miracle, but in my opinion, it’s damn near close. Especially if you compare it to pharmaceuticals and the myriad of harmful side effects they offer.

And WHY the hell should it only be legal medicinally? (Not directed at you, just a general question.) If alcohol is legal, why isn’t cannabis?! This argument that it should only be medical is ridiculous as well, and shows that the propaganda is still going full steam ahead

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Who exactly do you think is lying to you? I doubt any studies you read were fabricated just to get you to use cannabis. Research isn’t making progress because the government gets in the way. I have my theories as to why they are cock blocking it, but it doesn’t matter. Just that they aren’t funding nearly enough research, and they are using piss poor quality cannabis. They don’t want to have true results that interfere with the prison industry or big pharma.

No, it’s not a cure all. Anyone who claims that is wrong. However, it treats/alleviates symptoms in a wide range of illnesses, and it can’t kill you. That alone makes it better than anything a lab can give me (including Tylenol).

Cannabis helps immensely with inflammation pain that I suffer from, but didn’t touch the pain caused by an exposed nerve in my tooth. It’s not going to do it all.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

You know, personal experience goes a long way. Glad you were helped. AS I STATED - cannabis has been shown to help with some issues, but I don't think it's everything being told to us.

Lying? Everyone lies. This is now a political issue-and everyone is going to lie just to get what they want.

That's politics. Everyone involved will be and is lying to some degree.

I know you weren't born yesterday and if you are on this site you know more than most that you can't believe the hype.

As I stated, this area does need much more input and research. We don't know all the benefits and side effects because it's always been a hot button political issue. But as for me, it didn't do what everyone said it would. That's the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think it should be legal for some medical purposes, but should not be made completely legal, it does get people high. Age restrictions and restrictions on strength should be put in place. Also some of the pot is laced.

for medicinal purposes they genetically modify the cannabis plant to have either higher or Lower THC, depends on what and who is being treated.

In Israel studies were done and research papers submitted in the 70s that show that its actually a miracle drug.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join