It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Data- The Social Interview. Internet Privacy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First off I don't watch this show. It was the last 10 minutes before Big Bang came on.
I was kinda listening to it while on ATS and something caught my ear and I watched the rest. This is about our information on the Net.

www.thesocial.ca...

You really have to spend the 8 minutes to get the drift of what this is about. In a nutshell it's about public data, private data and secret data. The latter one(At about 3 minutes) is what got my attention. There's algorithms out there that can tell when a woman has her period. How? The guest wasn't quite sure(kinda funny though).

She said that our tech is listening to us in the home and tracking this information. She also goes on about patents Google and Friends have filed and what these companies could do. It's scary.

We HAVE given up a lot of privacy if we are active online. 2 years ago I wouldn't have considered online banking. I do it daily now. That's info online that was never there before. Is my bank the only one with it? IDK. Will it continue to be the same in the future? That doesn't even get to online shopping, which I also do a lot of.

Watch the video. It's info online users need.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

She said that our tech is listening to us in the home and tracking this information.

Our appliances phone home, now. WIFI tech in utility meters, major appliances, alarm company monitoring.
But we signed up for it, didn't we? Read the fine print.

Then agree you have read it, lol...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
IoT is suppose to add 70+ million devices to the network this year alone

The 5g network is a control grid being rolled out

I suggest going to "thecrowhouse" on Youtubd and listen to Max Igans perspective on the 5g network

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

We HAVE given up a lot of privacy if we are active online. 2 years ago I wouldn't have considered online banking. I do it daily now. That's info online that was never there before. Is my bank the only one with it? IDK. Will it continue to be the same in the future? That doesn't even get to online shopping, which I also do a lot of.

Watch the video. It's info online users need.

My experience is in the banking sector where I am an IT contractor at one of the the largest banks in South Africa (who happen to be 40% foreign owned - mainly by China).
South Africa has an Act called the POPI Act (Protection of Personal Information) and it is taken VERY seriously. With every conversation and meeting where client and employee information is discussed or potentially disseminated, the adherence to this Act is rigidly governed within a strict governance framework. Staff are also regularly examined (CBT training) to ensure they are knowledgeable.

For the record, I do not bank with them.
edit on 9/4/2018 by deltaalphanovember because: translating my gobbledy gook

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You should watch a few episodes of a now defunct TV show, "Person of Interest".

Its about:

The Machine is a computer system built and designed by Harold Finch and Nathan Ingram for a secret operation within the United States government known as "Northern Lights". As an artificial super intelligence, its objective is to predict and prevent imminent terrorist attacks and does so by analysing immense amounts of surveillance data.
personofinterest.wikia.com...

The Machine is used to accurately predict who, and when someone will commit a violent crime and also the identity of the victim such that the victim can be saved before the perp commits the crime.

We are getting closer to that reality with each passing day.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is there a specific episode to watch? I just went down the page it all looks like a cross between The View, and Good Morning America. None of the descriptions jumped out at me.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The link takes you to the interview. You just have to get past the two ads.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Did you catch the free streaming of "Do You Trust This Computer?" over the weekend?

DYTTC Link
edit on 9-4-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: streaming

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Look at all the things that happened in the past decade. Massachusetts school board settled a lawsuit after it was proven that the teachers had been watching students in their homes through the laptop security cameras. To prevent theft, each laptop would send a picture back to a central server every few minutes. The teachers found out where the server was located on the network filesystem and started viewing these pictures. Only caught out when a teacher reprimanded a student for doing something at home.

top topics

join