It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers develop device that can 'hear' your internal voice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

No doubt about it

It is one of those things I think we will just have to learn to keep our thoughts relatively clear until one reaches the sanctity of their Faraday cage. Or accept the fact that you have no more secrets, no more expectation of privacy (and I'm not willing to do that for any reason personally)

No password, account number, CC number, state secret, trade secret or anything else would be safe. Unfortunately, no way *yet* to "encrypt" your thoughts with strong encryption even NSA can't beat. You can rest assured I will be one of the first ones to purchase the tech when it is developed though!

Real question is, how long until people are building these mind readers with Ardeeno and Raspberry Pie
edit on 4/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: anotherside

a reply to: anotherside

Well if the technology worked that way, we could say possibly. But as it doesn't, then we can still be safe in the knowledge that satellites are not reading our thoughts.
you would make a good establishment lacky.
Get in touch with huckabee. Shell coach you on subduing targets with public misinformation methods.

Blah blah blah, turn off the computer mate, they're watching you...

and i put on a good show too.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And ive been saying "schizophrenia" is this tech bio adapted internally. Been here for a while now.

I could quite believe it - some medications I've taken in the past made me think they were nanobot probes that let me hear what other people were thinking

I had the idea that if there were nanobot probes reading my mind and transmitting them, then if I was on an aircraft during flight, any transmissions would be picked up by the intercom system. So I thought of an irritating sound like a jackhammer, electric transformer, chainsaw all rolled into one and as loud as possible. Won't say what happened

Perhaps the metal ions in our bodies act as miniature transmitters/receivers. Hemoglobin has a couple of iron atoms. One of the interesting things is that when it is de-oxygenated, it is diamagnetic and actually repels magnetic fields. This is proved in some Youtube videos that use a magnetic to move around a floating jar of pigs blood. Airport security body scanners actually pick up skin injuries as well as weapons - that's the sort of thing that should be in hospitals. Security wands should be able to detect DVT's due to the diamagnetic properties of blood clots.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Better people think better thoughts. You should train yourself to not think anything you're unwilling to say.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: dashen

There are a couple of episodes like one on Gilligan's Island. I don't want every little thought that enters my mind being heard. It can get real complicated real fast. I know if my wife heard all I ever thought I would be in the dog house. The truth spoken can be a dangerous thing and when someone can read your mind danger will abound.

I'm on the opposite side. If you cant control your thoughts, and be inoffensive with them, you deserve the ridicule until you become a mentally stronger person. Thinking wholesome thoughts at all times is just another component of being a good person.

Sounds like silver spoon syndrome.

You appear to have no idea about obstruction of autonomy and overriding influences. If you are aware, then you are likely a remorseless person devoid of compassion.

And btw, are you suggesting that you read people's thoughts and ridicule them aloud or through your actions if you disagree with them?

#1)You dont know exactly the nature and causation of their thoughts and feelings

#2) You dont understand that by reading their thoughts, through the act of observing you yourself could be causing, to some degree, the type of thoughts you perceive in the other aka youre literally casting your accountability on another. Like taking your garbage karma and throwing it on others, but it takes believing your own b.s. and lies fully.

But i do agree that your type of thinking ie : invade someones intimate privacy aka read their mind constantly, then ridicule and mock and harass them regularly if they so much as slip up from your perception at all...that is what most people do.

And guess what?

Its people like you that further ingrain and increase these issues in people...yet you continue relentlessly. I almost feel as if your kind do it purposefully to basically enslave people mentallly, creating a feedback loop of "justified ridicule" to attack a persons mind, thereby their mind is confused and angered, causing them to further behave in that way, leading to more ridicule...

Where do these people stop? Do they simply continue until you've killed the person or rendered them mentally handicapped, simply because you think you're right about their #ing private thoughts and their causation?

These thought nazis are NOT people. They're monsters.

De-mons-ters.

edit on 492018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
My inner voice is Morgan Freeman.
He narrates it all.

Mi narrator is Albert Einstein for anything to do with science and James Earl Jones (THIS IS CNN! for one) for non science thoughts.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: howtonhawky
The doctors said that if you hear voices in your head then you need meds...

true story

Now ask yourselves if this tech could be put into satellites and beam down signals that can make you think certain things and read your thoughts from a distance... oh but if a person was to ever come to a site like ats and say such they would be ridiculed from the majority of members citing what type of illness they have and corresponding government sponsored pills and stays in places designed to gather money from pharmaceutical companies and psychological studies designed to quiten the belief in such tech while seeking to subvert rational thinking in the subjects brain...All in the name of science and total tyrannical control.

David Icke's new video talks about just that... satellites beaming stuff into our brains to make us say or think whatever they want us to say or think and also to read our thoughts. This is not a good idea if you're an Author/Writer especialy as then your ideas can be stolen. I already think there is some person/people stealing my thoughts.

Ok in my case, I might go crazy after listening to David. His stuff is nuts and might well be way too far out to be accepted. If true, it is a big fat something burger. I really don't want to believe that stuff he talks about as our whole paradigm would be revealed as more skewed than we currently imagine by miles and miles. Good lord if it is true, we are so off base with the History being taught (minus the Left's altering of modern history) AND in several of the Sciences.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Better people think better thoughts. You should train yourself to not think anything you're unwilling to say.

See my above post. Absolutely disgusted.

You sound like a tried and true sociopath, and yes, sociopaths often see themselves as some kind of "elite" despite having no guilt for the harm they cause. Ironic...

Better people are PEOPLE. HUMANS.

edit on 492018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In certain circumstances, I find that I have many voices going on in my head at the same time, frequently in conflict. I wonder which one the machine will choose to respond to.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

There are a couple of episodes like one on Gilligan's Island. I don't want every little thought that enters my mind being heard. It can get real complicated real fast. I know if my wife heard all I ever thought I would be in the dog house. The truth spoken can be a dangerous thing and when someone can read your mind danger will abound.

I'm on the opposite side. If you cant control your thoughts, and be inoffensive with them, you deserve the ridicule until you become a mentally stronger person. Thinking wholesome thoughts at all times is just another component of being a good person.

Well what if you said to yourself "hey she is cute" and she didn't like it and now thinks you are a creep?

edit on 9-4-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
To me in mine opinion they are not really sending us thoughts in most cases and that gives many scoffers the right to say no one is putting thoughts in your head. This very well may be the truth.

I submit the idea that around the same time as the star wars program they began to BLOCK human mental communication and the lack of that communication is what causes many imbalances in some humans and allows them to try to attempt to control GOD'S people.

I do believe that now the technology is out there to screw around with humans in most any direction they wish. I submit that the most tormented may be the most valuable among us. Can you hear me now? STAY STRONG!

If, and a MIGHTY BIG IF I might add, if they are 'beaming thoughts' to us, then it would be a way to manipulate individuals to do 'their bidding'.

I suspect that there are wavelengths that have affects to the brain. I also suspect that we easily could fight back if awake and conversely would be eaten alive in our sleep. "Sleep beaming", I shall call it, might put suggestions in to peoples mind.

The emotionally weak likely would be the ones who would be saying they heard "words" in their brains. To someone with inner strength it would probably be like having a fly buzz by you. Not sure since I don't study this field but it has been a worthy subject of papers and inventions.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'm not an authoritarian, but I also have no problems with holding people to a high standard. Don't have crass, egotistical, greedy, or harmful thoughts. If you do, expect better of yourself, and use any methods necessary to do so.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well what if you said to yourself "hey she is cute" and she didn't like it and now thinks you are a creep?

I don't have those thoughts. People who let their thoughts be driven by sexual impulses lack proper self control.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Not too many perfect people and we would all have to be to keep from killing people for their thoughts about us. Even if you can wave a magic wand and make people quit hating or being horn dogs, their would still be issues with knowing what the person sitting next to you thinks.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Sorry, I disagree. I expect absolute perfection from leaders. Since I would like to be one of those people some day, it means I also expect absolute perfection from myself.

If you believe in a meritocracy (as I do) then it means that if you don't hold yourself to any standards, it means you're also admitting that you should be on the lowest rung of society.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Not too many perfect people and we would all have to be to keep from killing people for their thoughts about us. Even if you can wave a magic wand and make people quit hating or being horn dogs, their would still be issues with knowing what the person sitting next to you thinks.

Hate and horniness is easy to eliminate. The rest is simple too, it's not hard to have positive thougths at all times, just don't be a superficial asshole.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
Its not too dissimilar from my thread last week about Subvocal speech.

ah thanks, was just trying to remember where i'd read that.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

a reply to: anotherside

Well if the technology worked that way, we could say possibly. But as it doesn't, then we can still be safe in the knowledge that satellites are not reading our thoughts.
you would make a good establishment lacky.
Get in touch with huckabee. Shell coach you on subduing targets with public misinformation methods.

Blah blah blah, turn off the computer mate, they're watching you...

and i put on a good show too.

But they don't read your thoughts. Do they read your thoughts when you lift your finger?

This is the exact same. Ohhh a device can read the brain wave patterns when you do, maybe satellites can make us lift our fingers, maybe they can make us insane killers or something..

No.. No one here but a few ever looked into the tech being discussed and it'd become a typical "They aint reading my thoughts hurrr" thread.

It's embarrassing.

This tech can actually help people with disabilities, or even augment people's interaction with things they already do. It has ZERO way of controlling you. TO do that, you'd have to be a stock standard clone with the exact brain as the people around you, which is impossible. It'd take more than just a satellite beaming down instructions, it'd take something akin to .. someone telling you what to do while you're in a suggestive state.

Yes, I know they can use certain sounds and frequencies to induce states of mind. But not from satellites beaming down messages directed to a single person, and not to make them do their bidding.

Every single action you do without thinking, smile, grimace, frown, etc, is unique to you. No one can tell exactly what part of your brain is causing it via an EEG device. It's a localised area that is read, as a result. Nothing can influence it, short of cutting open your skull and shoving electrodes in that area and buzzing the whole region, and even then, it's not specific.

There is NO telepathy or mind control from this. That is sheer ignorance of the technology. Our brains are luckily far more intricate than that.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
In certain circumstances, I find that I have many voices going on in my head at the same time, frequently in conflict. I wonder which one the machine will choose to respond to.

None of them, they're not the impulses it would 'listen' to. Do those voices make you do things? like, drink a glass of water, or take a piss?

No?

It's NOT READING YOUR THOUGHTS.

Jesus I hate badly written articles with atrocious headlines.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

That's closer to the idea, really.. they can use these devices to gauge peoples emotive states. Say, for marketing. Instead of asking, "So how did you feel about the product?" they can just read the results, that show lack of interest, excitement, etc. It's a very simple EEG machine, but largely affected by interference from muscle tension also. so not as accurate.

But yeah, if you had a device that sent your emotive state around to other devices, and you encountered someone who you fancied, and their phone lit up with "ALERT ALERT, CREEP ON ##12435323MEI22343234" then you'd best stop looking at her tits.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join