It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Stealth Bomber H-20 Art, Hinting Reveal or Unoriginality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

playing the devil's advocate;

if it used hypersonic or even high supersonic weapons they would be able to get in range of their targets slow down to radiate the heat off via passive or even active methods would be able to hit their targets well before the targets were able to get a good firing solution on the aircraft(IR signatures or radar).

if they were going to attack the continental US, they would more than likely use ICBMs and sub launched weapons and even those would be shot down.

it would make no tactical sense to send the bombers in without clearing the way of radars and sam systems. China has the ability and assets to target these issues, so as long as they could refuel then they wouldn't really need an enormous fuel tank.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

You still need pretty good range even with refueling available. Unless you want to risk an ICBM duel, they've got to be able to get within range of Guam, Okinawa, and Japan. With the tankers on Okinawa and Japan the fighter screen can be pushed out pretty far. If their tankers have to sit practically on top of those areas for this thing to reach them and get back to them, they're dead. That puts China in the same boat that we're in, with regards to Pacific operations and tactical air.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

true

i think they would use them more as stealth missile trucks and anti ship warfare. they would stand almost zero chance in a head on fight with the US or Russia.

if we got into a shooting war with China i think they would use these bombers as ISR and anti ship roles because they could hang around the 'islands' and coast otherwise they would just get blown out of the sky if they got anywhere near our bases in Guam,DG or our fleets. If they launched their new DF anti ship rocket it would more than likely look like a first nuclear strike(considering they would use small yield warheads) and would escalated very quickly.

I don't think these are a real threat to the US mainland, if you compare these new bombers to what the US can put up in the air and space they would just be wasted that's why i think if China was going to hit the US it would have to be a ICBM strike. However regonaly the chinese forces would be very scary.

i would love to know how there hypersonics are really going, that is the only thing they could really put into play that might level the field

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How hard would it be to fit a Nuke to a Black Triangle? :-P

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Triangles have anti matter weaponry.

Why put an antique on it?

edit on 29-10-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nukes are trendy.Everything old is new again.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

my extremely close up sighting if a tri that i'm 99% sure was ours(US) was about the size of a F-22.

so i don't think they could put a lot of conventional arms on it, i would assume they would have to carry whatever add ons internally. That being said, if they could release an inert round(like a DU dart) when they are going very fast i think would be a very effective penetrator. OR if they got into space they could do the whole rods from god thing, seeing as it seems like they can get to LEO easily they could go up with a few rods and drop them and come home to get more if needed.

As someone has already alluded to, the power sources they must have would be the perfect source for lasers or particle beams or something more exotic.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join