It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Stealth Bomber H-20 Art, Hinting Reveal or Unoriginality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
They better do it quick, I don't want to eat a sock now that I know edible socks aren't a thing...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
B-21 copy cat

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If China's history vis a vis the J-20 and all the design DNA in it from the YF-23 and "other" prototypes from the 90s, I almost think we should expect H-20 to be some frankenstein mismatch of ideas and components from the NGB and the two LRS-B fly-off competitors.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

it would be cool if the got the 'loser' of the LRS-B contest so we would get to see both.(with a chinese twist). Do you think they will be making a family like we(the US) are?

i try to not let my preconceived notions of China's ability to produce something very technical but history speaks volumes.

either way it will be interesting to see how they go, as it will show us what they plan for their future defence/offence posture.

the last fast mover to me seems what they should have gone with, seeing as they have such a huge land and sea area to cover you would think they would want to get their assets quickly to the targets.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm guessing they are not planning to use it as a defensive platform to hit targets within their mainland territory. Guessing they would use their smaller Fighter-Bombers or strike craft.

Seems more like a force projection thing to me... and we fly ours from the middle of Missouri to anywhere in the world, then back. But I do not know the state of China's air-to-air refueling or what kind of tanker fleet they have.

End the end, all I want... take off the damn sheet. Show me a new shiny toy of some type.
Not like any aircraft the US/China/Russia are making is a true threat to each other. If things ever got truly serious, someone just flips the table (nukes), and all the cool aircraft in the world mean nothing. Now, the first man to discover how to make a sling for his rock, that might be another story.

~Winter

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Guys,

I don't want to be a jerk about this, but while I am sure the Chinese are really, really up to it when it comes to espionage, I am very much of the belief that the Chinese have simply come to the same conclusions as the US as far as what is best for a long range, stealthy aircraft.

The H-20 is almost assuredly NOT the BoLock failed LRS-B. That looked rather different from what some sources say. And as for the Pentagon unclassifying the BL LRS-B demonstrator? Probably not for 40 years. If ever. 20 years at the soonest.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Chinas Next long distance bomber is going to be a drone missile based on the Russian model.

They will have two different types. One that will travel in Space and one that travels within Our atmosphere.

THe missile/drone will act like a MIRV and will have 4 to 6 missiles onboard.

The New missiles are not like any missile any of you have seen to day. They will be like a warhead With a booster rocketpod to brimg them to speed and they will glide to their target.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

That's not a bomber, that's a missile. The two aren't interchangeable.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's not a bomber, that's a missile. The two aren't interchangeable.

It is actually a drone. With warheads onborad. China are following a russian model to change out missile MIRV carriers to drones carriers With MIRV's.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You know what, never mind.
edit on 5/9/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well i said that China are working on two types of drones. One that travels in Space and one that travels within Our atmosphere. This is actually what China are working on. Today China have only upgraded their old russian bombers. But ther eare no New News about what they are working on NeXT. But i am telling you what they are working on. Why dont you spread the Word.......

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Citation, please.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
First off, its not a huge leap that the Chicoms would be looking at a long range bomber. The old Badgers will not really cut it.

Its also not that far fetched that they would decide on a all wing design. The B-21 is a wing not because thats all NG knows what to do, but its got low drag and yes its an inherently stealthy design. The physics of such work weather its hacked or not.

The Chinese blogasphere is full of this stuff and if they want to have a fun with it why not.

Add to that hacking helps you leapfrog to a point, you still have to integrate an airframe etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join