It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I will say the same thing to you that i said to a really suicidal dude a few weeks ago.

If you go, you will shake the balance. I mean, there are good people, and there are bad people. You are one of the good. And if you go, the scales will tilt towards the bad.

But you are an adult, you make your own decisions and others just have to deal with it. But for what it is worth, i want you to stay.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Pictures of kittens are always a welcomed site. Thank you, now if I can only get my cats to do something more exciting than sleep and act like they are starving to death every day.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Flowers don't quite have the same effect on me as kittens but your photos are a nice touch indeed. Thank you for getting out to remind me that there is still something outside of this blasted bedroom worth looking at.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I will say the same thing to you that i said to a really suicidal dude a few weeks ago.

If you go, you will shake the balance. I mean, there are good people, and there are bad people. You are one of the good. And if you go, the scales will tilt towards the bad.

But you are an adult, you make your own decisions and others just have to deal with it. But for what it is worth, i want you to stay.

Ahh, thank you, Fin. That was nice words of yours. I want to stay as well. It's just that I want to be anywhere else but where I'm at now. May is a bad month when it comes to reminders of my wife. Monday would have been our 20th anniversary. Mothers day is very hard for me as that is the day she got one hell of a mothers day gift. Her headstone for her grave.

Me, I'm stuck without finding a therapist to see in person. This is due in part to refusing to ride in the car with my dad as he drives about as good as a blind person. I currently have no other transportation options other than to see if a sheriff would drive me to a mental facility.

As I said, I don't want to live, but I don't want to die. I want what I don't have and don't know if I'll wait in line long enough to get it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'm just tired of waiting for things to get better. They will one day?

It’s understandable you are tired and frustrated Blue, but hang in there !
Patience is a real virtue for a reason... as is Hope.

You are in our prayers, and prayers do bring good fruit. I know your heart is breaking and lonely without your ex, but I do believe in time you will be reunited.. but until then, take care of yourself the best you can.
Doctors don’t always have all the answers and your medical system sounds seriously screwed , but you can still do your best to maintain what you have.

Focus on what you do have Blue... friends who care about you here..a decent place to live ( compared to the homeless out there who sleep in parks ) .. a creative outlet for the artistic side of you.. and so much more.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
I'm just tired of waiting for things to get better. They will one day?

Not necessarily... I need to be realistic, and in order to be realistic i need to be honest. Some dude might hit the lottery jackpot, 10 million dollars, and on the same day have a "yes" answered when proposing the woman of his dreams. The next day he goes to cash out his lottery ticket and buy a ring, gets hit by a bus and everything is finished.

This is where hope and faith steps in. The world could end 2 minutes after i post this. Very highly unlikely, but it can happen. I hope it won't, and i have faith it won't.

But, for some people, sometimes, things truly can get better.

"Believe in me
I know you've waited for so long
Believe in me
Sometimes the weak become the strong
Believe in me
This life is not always what it seems
Believe in me
Cause I was made for chasing dreams"

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok , my previous post seems so trite after reading this one.

I don’t know what to say Blue except to not lose courage. Life can be very difficult in many ways for many people. It is so understandable that you are down.. but keep on keepin on !

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Ooooh, great song Fin! I chuckled when you said, you and I should get a percentage of JustMike's winnings if he plays the lottery. LOL Hmmm...wonder just how lucky those clovers are. We'll have to keep nudging him to play the lottery.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Want to reply to you guys, but keep getting distracted. Be back.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Perhaps over time you can save up the funds to go back to where you appreciate the people and culture more... and you will be happier

Rather provocative. I like a challenge.
This is my home every square foot of this weird, beautiful, magnificent country. No one can take that away from me.
Fate, destiny, call it what you may landed me in this particular place and my task is, not to adapt, but to figure out which "dragons" I must incorperate in my own being.
I have someting to learn here, and if I skip class, I will never achieve fulfilment.

I am the "culture", if I subject myself to ignorance and complacency in this grand, wonderful melting pot, I have failed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi!

Cool post

Determination, dedication and a will of your own. Highly respectable!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

That’s wonderful to read.. I assumed you were not happy there because of your statement in one of your posts about how much you missed people of culture back in Europe. ( civilization is how you referred to it )

I could find the post as it is one I responded to , wishing you happiness, but I think perhaps I don’t “get” when you are being facetious, or merely venting.

Wherever you make home WIS , I wish you joy and happiness !
edit on 10-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for your kind support, my friend.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star, Sheye, and also Finspiracy.

The thought of "lottery tickets" had already crossed my mind.
But yes, I read online that for the Irish at least, anyone who finds a five-leafed clover is considered even luckier than one who finds a four-leafed variety. So I would guess a six-leafed clover just ups the ante, so to speak.

So, I might buy a ticket in a "Jackpot-style" lottery draw. The odds of winning these things are so absurdly low that I almost never bother with them, but...

ETA: Fin, the picture in my avatar is a painting by a British artist named David Penfound. It's called "Rainmaker", but I have also seen it named "Waters of Life". He permits free use of his images for non-commercial purposes, but would prefer he was acknowledged as the owner of the work. So any time anyone asks what my avatar is or where it's from, I give him acknowledgement for it.

edit on 11/5/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Best of British Mike ! Lol.

Hope Dada is in good health and spirits ... you too !
( who cares for the carer ? ) 😏
edit on 11-5-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hello Sheddites of the Shedlands! Hello lurkers!

I will be away all day today, but not leaving for a couple of hours yet or more.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Good Lord, I didn't know that pic would be sooo big!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whenever life gets me down, I feel drawn to the woods (or anywhere outdoors & wild!).
I think that nothing is better for your mental & physical well-being than spending time feeling the breeze in your hair and sun (or rain) on your skin.

This is me, yesterday afternoon:

I never saw a single other person while I was there, and I can confirm (to those in the know...) that the first two wooden mushroom releases of the season took place!! LOL

G

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Awesome! I love nature! The forest is where I (Night Star the Elf) roams. I myself can't venture too far in. I also adore the ocean!

Loved the tranquil vid Sir Gordi! Thanks for sharing that.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I didn't buy a ticket today. When we went shopping I simply forgot!
But there are lotteries every week, so it can wait.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join