It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

How many times do you have to tell someone not to wait until they run out completely or only have one pill left or whatever? How many? He is an intelligent man, but sometimes... GRRRR. He had two mini strokes before, you would think he would learn.

You need to ask how he is mentally. Does he care about himself or is he just waiting for that final curtain.

Not trying to scare you ... but ... suicide by not caring for ones health is actually a thing. Perhaps suicide is too strong a word but there are not any other words to fit.

P

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Hun! I've already saved his life a few times before. Yes he is stubborn!

Loved the video you shared! I came across it once before while poking around youtube. Awesome lady! I love those surprise videos! lol

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Mark is a fighter and takes everything in stride. When he lost his leg some years ago, the therapists were amazed at how quickly he progressed. He doesn't let anything get him down. We joke around and he has all kinds of plans to do things. He has friends he spends time with and enjoys being with. Thanks though. I can see where that makes sense and why you brought it to my attention.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Bird is the word today. Nothing going on with me that is sharable.

Jacy's final month as a shelter dweller is once again becoming uncomfortable. Trauma number one was the spider she found in her room. RIP dear spider, I know you intended to harm no one.

Trauma number two, a new shelter dweller with three very "wild" children that are nice enough to all have head lice.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good morning!

So, about two months now without antidepressants. Everything is a bit better. Not easier, but better. Maybe i can start recovering somehow now. Here is Korn's lead singer Jonathan Davis talking about these issues, and he also mentions how important it is to let the guilt go. I don't know how to do it but i know it is vital. If there is someone reading this feeling so depressed that no exits are around to be seen, except the final exit, stay tough. You are not alone, millions of people suffer from depression around the world and things can get better. Things can get better.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Nice pic Blue !

You still have room under your wings for those in need ... 👍🤝

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Depression is an illness.

After what I have endured for the last six months ...
I should have depression in spades.
Sure, I feel the woe,

But life goes on ... not clinical depression ... no room for that.

Laughter makes the world go round ... 🤣

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hope Chirp is lurking, she would love that pic. I love that pic! That was a humorous re-telling of Jacy's woes. She will be out of there and into her new place soon thank God.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

One thing about depression is that it is different for everyone. There are of course different levels of depression and some may be helped in one way and others may not. It's whatever works best for a person.

I had a pen pal years ago who needed to be on meds, took himself off and said he never felt better. He called one week and was so happy and doing well. The truth is...things didn't end well for him.

Be very careful with your drinking and hang out in here if you get too depressed. Reach out to people or a hotline.
Glad that you are feeling better right now. Always wonderful to have you helping folks in here! Hugs!

Oh...great vids! Ididn't know that guy from Korn had depression!

edit on 10-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Timely, you are always so upbeat and positive, one would never know you have been through so much. I guess we all have our challenges which is one reason I love the Shed so much. We all come together and can be here for one another. We share so much and there is always a lot of love. Hugs!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi Night,

didn't have a good opportunity to get out and about much today, but this morning I took a couple of shots of the few flowers we have in the front yard.

Also, this afternoon, we found some four-leafed clovers in the back yard!

...and this one...

and another one...

and also a five-leafed one...

The fived-leafed ones can be hard to make out, but we'd already picked what we thought was one, plus a four-leafed version, so I took a pic of them a few minutes ago:

Then I realized that the one on the left is not a five-leafed clover...

Take a look from the other side...

It's actually a six-leafed clover!

I have never seen one before. In fact, I'd never seen a "five". But I checked online and while they are much rarer than "fours", they are known -- and they are nowhere near the record.

So, we have a "lucky" patch of clover in our own back yard!

edit on 10/5/18 by JustMike because: I fixed the typos.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oooooh, pretty flowers! Quick, go play the lottery! You have lucky clovers!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
G’day Sheddites!

Beautiful flower pics Mike.. I love tulips , and the clover leafs are indeed special.

Hope everyone is having a good day ( lurkers included )

Hugs to all !

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Beautiful flowers

And a six-leafed clover? wheee... has to be super rare. I remember when i was a kid, trying to find four-leafed ones at our summer cottage. It always took a long time and often i didn't find one. Maybe you should really try the lottery a bit. But if you win the jackpot, it will only be 1/3 for you, because Night Star will have 1/3 and i will have 1/3 because we suggested this!

But hey, what is that in your avatar? Never really paid attention until now... is it some kind of water God who fills lakes, seas, oceans and such?

3:17AM and i got some strong coffee ready. Slept most of yesterday so can't sleep anymore, but it is alright.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Not trying to scare you ... but ... suicide by not caring for ones health is actually a thing. Perhaps suicide is too strong a word but there are not any other words to fit. P

"Passive suicide" is the term which you are referring to. Unfortunately, it is one of the reasons behind my no longer taking any prescription medication. ATS T&C prevent me from saying much more about this other than that I need a face to face person to talk to but none are available short of checking into the hospital.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Be very careful with your drinking and hang out in here if you get too depressed. Reach out to people or a hotline.
Glad that you are feeling better right now. Always wonderful to have you helping folks in here! Hugs!

Hugs!

Drinking is not an issue right now, but of course that does not mean it won't be in the future, since it has been an issue in the past.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Good morning!

So, about two months now without antidepressants. Everything is a bit better. Not easier, but better. Maybe i can start recovering somehow now. Here is Korn's lead singer Jonathan Davis talking about these issues, and he also mentions how important it is to let the guilt go. I don't know how to do it but i know it is vital. If there is someone reading this feeling so depressed that no exits are around to be seen, except the final exit, stay tough. You are not alone, millions of people suffer from depression around the world and things can get better. Things can get better.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It was of help to me as bad off as I am feeling this month. I'm just tired of waiting for things to get better. They will one day?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Nice pic Blue !

You still have room under your wings for those in need ... 👍🤝

Just doing my bit to make the world that much a better place one picture at at time.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hope Chirp is lurking, she would love that pic. I love that pic! That was a humorous re-telling of Jacy's woes. She will be out of there and into her new place soon thank God.

It is always nice for when I can find humor in a situation.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join