It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I worked for many years and dealt with quite a variety of people, some that would drive you crazy. I know what you mean.

Good luck with your new neighbor!

My neighbor who owns his own apartment building has a tough time keeping good tenants who actually pay their rent and are decent folks. My Parents did as well years ago before family members moved in. We live in a quiet, safe area.

Now that I think of it...the house on the other side of us had [roblems too. We had one lady who was astoundingly awful. In my own building there was my elderly Mother on the second floor and Mark and I who are disabled. This lady had a minivan and always parked it directly in front of our house, right in front of the steps. So if any of us were being picked up in the icy winter with lumpy hard snow and ice everywhere, we would have to walk further and try not to fall. We were polite as hell and told her our situation. She was all apologetic and then did it over and over again. My Sister and my Niece also asked her very nicely not to block that area. Again the apologies and she would go right back to doing it. She had a bunch of kids, her voice was loud and the yard was filled with toys and junk. Gah! Glad she got evicted!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

OK, not my best quote. Slap me hard please!

a reply to: Night Star
Wait...what? You have a talking owl?

Hahaha! Our owl is LoneCloudHopper. She knows him from this site. I met him back in 2005 on a writers site. We speak on the phone regularly.

edit on 8-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The brand new Short Story Writers Contest for MAY is now LIVE!

HERE

Enjoy!

G

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Noted, starred, flagged -- and reply posted!

I'm really looking forward to reading the entries for this one. It's a brilliant choice of topic.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello Gentlemen! Great theme for the contest Gordi!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Busy around the house and about to find a movie to watch. I'll be popping in though and checking to see if anyone has arrived.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Chicken stuffed with brie cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, sliced apple and cranberries. Mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.

I know...A lot of people don't like fruit with their meat. LOL
edit on 8-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh, yummm... Love the picture!

The taller mushrooms there look like what Czechs call "Bedla vysoká" (tall Bedla), and their technical name is Macrolepiota procera. They're beautiful to look at and also taste delicious. We usually have them lightly battered and fried, or just fried in oil without batter. In either case they are mouth-watering!

I am so looking forward to when they'll be around in another month or two! You tend to find them in grassy areas near conifer forests, often near ridges as they like the the sunshine. Obviously, they don't need the sunlight, but they like well-drained soil and good warmth.

Oh, the faerie is pretty nice as well.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Finally Spring! Windows are open, birds are singing, the sun is shining.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Sweetie! I love mushrooms!!!!! Yum! I will have a new porch soon enough and can sit outside...if it's not too hot by then. I have a few pretty planters and will be having herbs and flowers out on my side of the porch.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Always good to have flowers around when we can. Not just aromas, but the clours and of course the buzzy bees.

It's just gorgeous here right now. I took Dada out for a little walk a couple of hours or so ago (after 10 pm) and the night was so calm that aromas of blossoms filled the air everywhere. We also have some big fields around here where farmers are growing Rape seed (for the oil) and the flowers are all out now, in an incredibly brilliant yellow hue. It looks almost surreal.

I must grab some pics in the next few days and post them here.

Ack! Just checked my comp's clock and noticed it's 1.15 am! Dada is still up, just sitting by me and watching an old B&W movie from the 1930s on TV. But she likes the old movies and as we don't need to get up early, I'll just wait until it's over.

BTW I'm in touch with Jacy and things are improving for her. I'll post a little more if she gives permission, but short and sweet, her life is heading in a much better direction.

edit on 8/5/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We have a breed of these in the yard. I might take clippings to put in a pot.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Mushrooms scare me. I think they are creepy. They (often) grow in the dank, dark and moist places where angels would fear to tread. Some of them look okay but they scare me so much I don't even like touching them. Mycophobia, according to google. They're cold, wet, slimy and disgusting. Nasty mouldy things. Euw.... I know it's all in my mind but euwww!

I watched it recently and enjoyed it. A movie called "Please Stand By". Dakota Fanning nails it. She plays a young autistic woman. Funny, geeky and heart-warming.

edit on 8/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

ETA Link and trailer
edit on 8/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

That looks awesome! I know I would love that movie!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the update on Jacy! Give Dada my love will you?

Ahhh, the aroma of flowers wafting through the air. Love it! YES, post pics when you can Hun!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Seen it (Please Stand By) and was disappointed.

edit on 5 8 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Really? Well I guess you can't really say much about it unless you give spoilers.

I would love to go the theatre to see a good movie, like something spooky, paranormal, sci fi or something.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I was thinking you had one of those "you search and we'll stream it" services. Apologies. I download all my movies because I can't afford the cinema. Ignore Blue, it's a great feel-good road movie. Do the medicinal beforehand.

Now, flowers. Lavender is great, especially for bees. Smells nice too. Roses too. (I'm English, would you expect anything less?) Another great looking flower that keeps on giving is a tradescantia. I prefer the purple variety but they have other colours too. It does spread, but slowly. Small, delicate looking and requires little to no care. Monkshood is also pretty but poisonous as can be so perhaps not the best choice if you have little ones running around sometimes unsupervised. Cats/dogs don't tend to eat it in my experience. They prefer grass. I miss a garden.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I love a great variety of flowers and plants. I won't be gardening anymore, just keeping plants on the porch and in my house. I miss gardening too, but all that bending and stuff...forget about it. Plus, my landlady has been moving or cutting down a few of my Mom's plants.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join