It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Unbelievable. Thanks for posting. She be tripping.

ETA What I mean is, she plays beautifully. Ahem...
edit on 4/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A quick shout out to Joe...know you must be very busy with gardening, and wanted to let you know that I’m hoping you are really enjoying getting your hands in the dirt, so to speak.

Now is the hard work , but then come those precious jewels of reward. Just wondering if you also do preserves or canning ?

Anyhoo .. have fun Joe !
edit on 4-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Been gone all day and busy when I got home tonight. Hello to whoever is around!

Sheye, the beginning of that song reminded me of the Elves.
Lovely!

Ok, I sprinkled stars for everyone and will be checking in again.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sheye, the beginning of that song reminded me of the Elves. Lovely!

Not sure why it would remind you of elves πŸ€”.. it’s based from a Christian spiritual song .

Each to their own reality I guess . 😏

Hope you had a lovely day out with your friend, Night .😊

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That made me giggle. You know I live in my own world. It just sounded like something you'd hear in the Lord Of The Rings movie when one is entering the Elven Kingdom. It is soothing, sacred...I dunno. I loved it no matter what religion it was inspired from. Thanks for sharing it with us!

I had a lovely day with my friend, though it was hot and humid as hell. Hope you had a lovely day.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Actually, I see your point..it does have an ethereal quality about it , and I could see flute music as a big part of elven culture.

It was hot here today as well. Was going to go clean and wash my car.. but decided to put that off till the streets are swept, which should be soon. So instead I blasted the air conditioner, piddled around at home not getting too much accomplished πŸ˜†.

Glad you had a fun day with your friend !

edit on 5-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2018 by Sheye because: For secret coded message to secret beings of Accasia 😏

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hello

Just ate some creamy chili pasta. Spring has arrived, no need for a jacket anymore, a hoodie is enough. Plenty of sunshine right now

I found a new five finger death punch song, uploaded a couple of days ago.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ice hockey world championships start today. Or actually yesterday but Finland plays their first game later in the afternoon today.

True sign of the spring. Much bigger event for me than May day ever was. Might get some cans of beer later, but heavy drinking and ice hockey is not a good idea for me. Sometimes in the third period i have seen two pucks and stuff, not enjoyable.

How are others doing

(Leijona means lion by the way, lions is the nickname of our national hockey team.)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So, so quiet...

Flower pic for you

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good luck with the ice hockey.
I doubt you have much to fear from Korea.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Good luck with the ice hockey.
I doubt you have much to fear from Korea.

Yeah, the match just ended. 8-1 victory for Finland. I drank 8 beers in the process. Good night now!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

LOL One for each goal. Cheers! Drink no more, you won!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
β€œTo be nobody but
yourself in a world
which is doing its best day and night to make you like
everybody else means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.”

― E.E. Cummings

Today's quote that affects me the most. I'm sick of living in a cookie cutter world in which I don't want to be a cookie anyway. I want to be me. Now the tears begin to flow...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Congratulations and Salutations to Sheye and Light
Congrats to both of you for your new spangled Writer Status.
There is a tale in every star. Now go shine.

I clearly remember how excited and humbled and scared I was when I many years ago received my writer status.
I hadn't sought it, I thought it was beyond me and one day, a now deceased member, nominated me.
It was so wonderful because I just liked to paint with words.
[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]] to both of you.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you WIS ... I am still in awe and disbelief that I acquired writer status. Not sure I deserve it as I certainly don’t paint with words as well as you do.

Hugs back my friend 😊

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hey there!

I have been lurking in the morning and evening's, but haven't had much to say. The garden is coming along well I have my seeds started in trays to transplant and I have been tilling.(by hand with a shovel).500* square feet of raised beds and I'm adding another 100squared this year..hand sifted..

My parents think I'm crazy and want to rent a Roto tiller... I have tried to explain to them the way I do it I get all weed roots and have much less maintenance..but they are Brown thumbs..lol

I'm about ready to plant the potato seeds I bought last week but am hesitant as we are due to get down into the twenties this week at night.. I'm not in a rush with them, they will just continue to sprout eyes till planted.

I am soaking my garlic cloves/bulbs as we speak.. those are going in no matter what on Monday..if the seeds fail I'll just buy more..

We do pickles for preserving and we store potatos, we just ran out of last season's harvest of potato at the end of March.. the store bought we got last week was a good reminder that nothing beats homegrown..

This year I have 68 cucumbers plants :
started in trays, so I can move them inside at night.. we plan to have many many pickles for us and gifts for friends.

It made me smile to see your post, thank you for thinking of me hun. And CONGRATULATIONS ON WRITER STATUS!

also CONGRATULATIONS LIGHT!

/Hugs all!

I'm about to eat dinner and then catch weekend jeopardy, I hope you all are having a lovely weekend!

Afk for a bit but I will try to pop in before I pass out after dinner.

/hugs again!

Respectfully,
~meathead

*typo not 600 just 500
edit on 5-5-2018 by Mike Stivic because: correction

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
β€œTo be nobody but
yourself in a world
which is doing its best day and night to make you like
everybody else means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.”

― E.E. Cummings

I truly appreciate this poem and will investigate him further, thank you for sharing.
It is a vicious dichotomy and frankly insane. When every one is trying to make every one resemble them self, who are they resembling?
I try to not fall in to this abysmal trap

I want to be me. Now the tears begin to flow...

And your tears will flow into the infinite void from which all solemn prayers originate. The unique individual creates the commune of spirits. It is a dance, the Grand Ball of ongoing creation.
With out the individual, life would become stagnant and die. But with out the collective we would too die.
Such a conundrum.
See your self as a warrior

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic
You sound busy Joe... but all worth it in the end.

So pickles are your only preserve ? No pickled beets ? ( pickling is a lot of hard work, and I don’t blame you for not pickling other stuff )

You must have a ton of fresh veggies to choose from in the summer... which is nice.

Miss your posts when you’re not around, but I often also feel just like lurking a bit, when I feel I have nothing to really post about.

Thank you for the congrats .. still shaking my head a bit on that status πŸ˜†.

Hugs back to you bro.. the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind πŸ˜‚

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Oops 😜... double post

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You are welcome sweetie.
Just go on practicing, I have notice you have much to share.
I just splash words all over the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join