It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

ooooh Tom, you've just given me an idea about Mixie (the other missing Pixie that Gordi and Pudge are looking for)!

Nice one,
G

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

YAY!!!
I loved them all (I think I got around to reading them all!).
So much fun to take a break from all of the 'serious' topics at times and read the creations from fellow members.

to all of the participants!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Wowser! Deeply humbled. 1st place? No way!
Nice to see I wasn't the only Shed member that got writer status too. Congrats dear Sheye.

/retreats into bushes....

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Morning my Lovelies!

Congratulations to Sheye and Light on their new writers status! How very exciting!

JustMike, so great to see you today! Have you been writing much lately? We are getting new porches here. They are still working on it, but I will have a nice place to sit outside and read. I haven't read a book in soooo long. I can finally finish yours!

Tom, I was so very happy to see you today and loved your story entry! I was wondering when someone else would add something. Give my love to Gail! And...come hang out more often. WE miss you!

Gordi, have fun on Mystery Island!

Chirp, always missing you so it was awesome seeing you today! I wish you would stop in more often!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Morning Night. Coffee has kicked in already? I sometimes wonder who gets up later, you or me. I eventually got up at 2 pm or thereabouts.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Yes way !! Well deserved first place Light... congratulations!

* waves to sheddites *
edit on 4-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Hahaha! I have gotten up later than that even! Some days I just have to be up early. How are you today Mr. Writer? I should be going out in a while with my friend for groceries and errands. I had to turn the air conditioner on today. It's like a hot summer day including the humidity of course. Eeeew! We always go from cold to hot with those few perfect days in between, or as Gordi would say, in-betweeny. So, it's like it gets too hot too fast and I hate being sweaty.

I love how stores will have the heat cranked so high in the winter that you're sweating and in the summer you barely feel the air conditioner, so you're sweaty. Gha! LOL

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm doing well today thank you. I hate the sudden temperature rise too. We went from 5 C to 20 C in less than a week but I still walk round with my winter hat on. Mainly because my hair is at the crucial point. Too long yet too short to tie back in a pony tail. I think a month or two more and it'll be long enough to tie up behind my head. First time in years.
People still stare slightly. In my defence I have one of the cooler rooms in the building.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Your hair is in the in-betweeny stage. I had purchased an herbal spray that's supposed to help cool you down. Feels cooling when you first spray it, but it doesn't last long and only does so much. I'm still waiting for them to invent some kind of light weight air conditioned thingy we can just wear around our necks or bodies. LOL Want to become rich? Make me one!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Have to run now. Love and light to you all, lurkers too! Throws donuts out the window for the lurkers.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I see we are talking summer heat already 😕. The worst is getting into an oven like car, and cranking those windows down fast before you die of heat.. lol.

I am not a summer person, except for the cooler mornings and evenings. I pretty much have all the blinds closed, air conditioner up full blast , as well as a fan to circulate the cold air.

I dread having to go into the car, but it beats a freezing car in the winter. The driving is easier in the summer as well, except for all the potholes that springtime brings.

Well, thats my lil’ rant on heat. Fall is my favourite season because of cooler, yet still nice temperatures, as well as beautiful colour. Wish my birthday was in the fall instead of in the nasty cold winter month of January.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

People look at me like I'm crazy in the summer. Socks, shoes, long trousers and long-sleeved clothing. I hate the sun on me but the worst place it can hit is my head. I start to cook and think like a troll.

Driver want shade....

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

People look at me like I'm crazy in the summer. Socks, shoes, long trousers and long-sleeved clothing. I hate the sun on me but the worst place it can hit is my head. I start to cook and think like a troll.

Driver want shade....

Hahaha... shade is where I want to be in the summer.

Lots of people dress like you around these parts , Light. If you wear light breathable cottons, it is actually cooler to keep covered up. Sunlight directly on skin is hot !

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
I like the site -- and your work!

Did you know that as a "member in good standing" who has been with us a fair while, you can ask for permission to link to your site in your ATS signature? Several members here have permission to link their site and/or promote their work in other ways. (I obtained permission to promote my book via ATS.)

These requests are normally handled by Springer, one of the ATS owners. He's very fair and is glad to support members who are supporting ATS via their posting. As your site is perfectly ok (IMO), he'd probably give you approval.

Thank you Mike for that information. I'll just have to work on it to see what answer I get from Spinger then. Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I want one of those foreign cotton Man dresses. Pakistan or India or somewhere... Loose clothing, just the thing. Who cares what the neighbours think?

ETA You do wear underwear underneath it.

edit on 4/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star and also your next one

Hi 'Raine,

I haven't been able to do much writing lately as I need to be able to just ...write -- without any distractions. But last week, when a carer came around and she and Dada went out for a walk and so on, I had two hours free and got some more done for Book II. Just a few pages, but every page brings it closer to being finished.

Great to hear you'll have a nice porch where you can sit and read! Would love to hear back from you when you finish my book as readers' reactions are also helping to shape some of what I'm working on now.

And your next post with the cat... Thank goodness I'd put down my glass before I read that! I hate wiping drink off the computer screen!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
I've sent you a PM.

Now I must wish everyone a good night, morning, afternoon or evening. It's half an hour past midnight here and sleep beckons.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Same time zone as me. Sleep well.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
“ Bear patiently your cross of grief or pain”

Be Still My Soul

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join