It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sheye, We all realize how important your religion is to you. That is fine. I doubt though that you would want to lose friendships with good, kind and loving people by leaving the Shed because some have a different opinion. I have met some of the kindest, most compassionate and loving people in here and I treasure these friendships. Take a moment to think things over. No matter where you go you will meet people with different belief systems. Look at the people, into their hearts and what is really there.

I think in retrospect , I am missing fellowship with like minded souls, and in fact may be what would be good for my soul. I would never leave the Shed totally.. just spend more time with others of the same spiritual beliefs. There are many beautiful souls on the internet, and it would be nice to meet some that offer a different type of fellowship than the Shed.

I love the souls in the Shed ... and always have them im my prayers... so that being said .. I’m not going anywhere. Maybe just spend some time on other types of websites.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I offer this to you in memory of your wife and those who have passed. The greatest love song ever written. As my boy says, my heart is going into your heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I understand completely.

edit on 26-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. That means a lot to me.

I've ran into this by accident but here is my wife dancing:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awwww, thanks so much for sharing this Blue! Jazzy janey!

Reminds me of my club days dancing the night away.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello

LookingForABetterLife

You write about the time with your wife in a very beautiful way. The memories are well described and full of emotions. I won't put much effort here to comfort you because some things are just too heavy to be healed one bit with some lines from a Finnish dude sipping his coffee. I just wanted you to know that i read your posts, regarding wife or anything else, with interest and i appreciate the style of language and the viewpoints.

Gordi

Oh... I knew Scotland is a very beautiful country and now after seeing your pics i am even more sure about that. The pics could be from an ad that promotes tourism. And the ad would work.

Sheye

Very happy to read you are not leaving the shed, i got that impression for a while. Maybe google some Christian forums or chats? you will fit right in and make friends fast because conversations with you feel nice.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Very happy to read you are not leaving the shed, i got that impression for a while. Maybe google some Christian forums or chats? you will fit right in and make friends fast because conversations with you feel nice.

I’ve been looking around ... and thank you for the kind words. You make me feel better about myself Fin, and quite frankly if I had a son like you.. I would be very proud of him. You’re a gentleman and at times a very deep thinker.. yet you appreciate the simple things of life.

I feel stupid for bringing the topic up, but it was eating at my heart. Now I feel better, and will continue to try and build bonds in this place known as the Shed.

For you Fin...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Love this song and Fin is awesome isn't he?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You write about the time with your wife in a very beautiful way. The memories are well described and full of emotions.

He does. It even makes me cry.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Love this song and Fin is awesome isn't he?

He’s a beautiful soul ! Hope he doesn’t mind being described as beautiful...😆

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I ‘d like to see this movie....looks good .

edit on 26-4-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Being an author writing in a mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy, I can get away with writing about religious beliefs that are left or right of centre and I use comedy to make gentle statements.

The devout will read it just as fantasy but others will see some truth. Some is comedic gold though.

As an example ....

It was over a quick lunch that I inadvertently shocked my family yet again. Amelia asked, “It seems that a great many of our legends are based on true facts that are distorted. Perhaps just due to time. Would the Churches be able to help? They used to be the ones that dealt with Demons or so rumors and movies would have us believe.”

I answered without realizing the effect I was about to have. “The Churches have very little real power, they take what others have done and preach that they were responsible. Their history is full of it. In the past they had Church Knights that bravely handled minor incursions but not any more. If they only knew what God thinks of their actions they may even change the way they behave. I always check with the Deity that looks after a world before I interfere with that world. God is not very happy with those that run things on his behalf.”

Amelia asked, “What did he say?” I should have caught the artfulness in her voice but the weekend had been emotionally difficult and I had switched off so to speak, so I answered the question, “He said, ‘I do not contend with the Keepers of Balance, if my followers give trouble send them to my Gates, they serve themselves and have distorted my teachings.’ I acknowledged his words and that was that. We didn’t stay. He’s a bit stuffy for my tastes.”

I had been looking at the bubbles in my soft drink and when I looked up everyone was staring at me. They were almost frozen. Mum’s loaded fork was half way to her mouth, she had forgotten about it. I said, “What?” Both Amelia and Chrissy cracked up. The adults didn’t.

As the girls calmed down Thor entered the room and thought to every one, “I apologize for my Rider, he is young yet and only has his own experience to call upon. Tez, you’re not supposed to call someone’s Deity ‘stuffy.’ It is a little insensitive.” I looked around and said, “I am very sorry, I didn’t mean to be insensitive.”

Lol. I love that bit.

For now, while we all live, God is whatever YOU conceive Him (or Her) to be.

When we die, we discover the reality. I am looking forward to that bit.

P

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the compliments

Just got back from grocery shopping. While i was away, a friend had sent this to me:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life:

“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

”It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I visited friends last night. I think they were pleased to see me, we had some fun and they shortened my journey home on public transport by dropping me closer.

Today is King's day and the Dutch go crazy. It's a public Holiday. They dress in orange clothing and get drunk. So, I come home last night after 11pm from the metro/tube/subway with a really full bladder. As you do. Before I could get my key into the front door, 2 young men open the door from the inside (electronic button) and run past me laughing maniacally. I think some people started their celebrations early. LOL I went to the toilet quickly.

I walk to my room and drink a beer and relax after getting back home. I need to pee again and walk to the toilet. On the way back I see my neighbour staring at me as we walk past each other in the hall. His room is 98% empty now and the locks are gone. Things are looking good.

And my friends news was that they are going to marry! (Sometime soon, I can't remember that part) They just bought their first house, together. (We all met each other in this temporary housing thing years ago while sharing the same building.) I think things are starting to fall together for them, it's nice to see. I don't know anyone else in my life apart from direct family that got so far as being married.

Long live the king! (Sorry, I'm just trying to blend in here... I refuse to wear orange clothing though.)
edit on 27/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yo!

If it has to be within the limits of possibilities, there are two things i have deeply hoped for shed beings. You to find a calm place to live, and Jacy too. They seem close now.

Not holding my hopes high though, so many things have been taken away from me just before becoming true, that i don't trust anything before it is real.

But this seems truly good. Happy for you, pal!

edit on 27-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I have always loved that Cherokee story!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yay, your obnoxious neighbor will be gone and you have friends getting married!
I wish your friends many years of love and joy!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I must get dressed and have more coffee as I am going out with my friend for the day later. Love and hugs to you all!

Happy Almost Weekend!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
I loved the pics, Gordie. Even though it's over forty years since I was last in Scotland, I still feel its special magic whenever I see pictures like yours.

I'd take you up on you BOGOF offer, but for two small issues: one is that at the moment I don't have the ten thousand tons of .999-fine gold which would be the minimum you might accept, the second is that I don't have the room to house them and you and your wife: obviously, part of the deal would have to be that we take you all!

IOW, kids are priceless. Yes, they grow up fast, but one day, if you are as blessed as I have been and you also have grandchildren, they will be beyond priceless.

edit on 27/4/18 by JustMike because: I fixed a coding glitch, which was entirely my computer's fault.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join