It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Discussing faith is not easy for me, as I feel doing so can lead to unneeded tensions.so I rarely engage in those conversations in real life. That said I do respect those of all faiths.

No it isn't easy to discuss for fear someone may be offended without it ever being our intention. I too respect other people's faiths. If it brings them peace and comfort, inspiration and whatever...and they aren't out sacrificing babies and stuff lol, then it's all good.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Oh, very nice! Peace symbol and Celtic designs!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

reply to: Sheye Hey there! I hope all goes well at the doctor today. I was raised Christian and went to a Roman Catholic elementary school. I no longer attend services, but I do pray for others,never myself. I try to do right by people, and help when I can, I'm not perfect, but I do consider myself a good person. Discussing faith is not easy for me, as I feel doing so can lead to unneeded tensions.so I rarely engage in those conversations in real life. That said I do respect those of all faiths.

Just a routine meet and greet with my new doctor.

Funny you should say discussing religion leads to unwanted tensions. For me it works the opposite... if I don’t discuss my faith I feel tension.. like I am denying Christ His fair praise. I guess we are different that way πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ.

As far as respecting all faiths ... I most definitely don’t... there are too many whacked out spiritual beliefs that will never get my respect ( think Sharia law ). What I do have utmost respect for is the free will God gave to each of us regarding our faiths. Unfortunately many born into religious beliefs are threatened with death , should they decide to leave... which is not free will at all.

Ok... nuff about religion.. just thought I would explain myself a little further .πŸ€”πŸ˜

Hope you get all the seed and plants you need Joe.

Wholesome, happy, superkalifragilisticexpialadoshes hugs !!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
One of the few pieces of wisdom my Dad ever told me was:

It doesn't matter where in the world you are. If you avoid 2 subjects in conversation with locals you will have no problems. Politics and religion.

I don't know much about either but was raised a catholic for the first few years. Some of my teachers were nuns. I found it weird at first. Almost intimidating. God really does see you everywhere and you get spanked by a nun with your own plimsole. It hurted. Memories... lol

I have no problem discussing either but at the end of the day, to each his own rainbow unicorn butterfly cat. Or spaghetti monster.

ETA No disrespect to any belief system of any nature. Except the creepy ones like scientology.
I should add that Pa was military stationed abroad at times. Avoiding bar-fights on your one night out pass is good. He met my mother. Hehe
edit on 25/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 25/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

πŸ˜‚ oh dear, do I sound like a stinkin hippy? No, I would definitely not class myself as that. No offense to any new age grooves out there. That just ain't my bag baby.

I have a deep, deep love and respect for Jesus. As a child I would studiously highlight passages out of the Bible. As I grew up I began to explore Eastern philosophies. I read everything I could about as many religions and faiths as I could find and became fascinated by them all. I looked at hermetacism, chaos magic, sant mat, Nordic traditions, Native American traditions. They all had the same general theme: Be of service to others. So, I decided to just love. To let love be my deity. To make love my God and serve love. To let love be my protector and Spiritual Guide. Love being a sincere and genuine regard for the happiness of others, their well-being and beneficial conditions. I do absolutely believe in love.
edit on 2542018 by Dakini37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It doesn't where in the world you are. If you avoid 2 subjects in conversation with locals you will have no problems. Politics and religion.

OMG have ever heard some debates between people discussing those subjects? If one can agree to disagree that's one thing, but two sides going at each other like a couple of wild animals fighting for the last piece of food on earth, OMG! LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

I'm a love bug at heart.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's a dream of mine to have a vegetable garden. I threw some spuds in the ground a few years ago and got a wonderful bounty of the most amazingly soft, fluffy potatoes. This year I'm going to try and clover my lawn for the buzzlebees and flutterbyes and plant some wild flowers to try and encourage them all in. I wish my mum was still alive to ask her where to begin. I'll get there! What seeds are you buying?

Lookingforabetterlife, I LOVED your Celtic peace design. The colours are beautiful!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

Thank you for sharing more about yourself. That was incredibly beautiful to read.. and I agree love is the prize !

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh, no worries! I love talking about myself. It's my favouritist subject πŸ˜„

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Had tears in my eyes as I read your post Mike. Thank you for the inspiring words !

I will hang on tight to my faith... as it has sustained me through some very difficult times. ( I could probably write a book but I’m not the greatest at writing 😏)

Someday I may post more about some real life faith experiences I have had... someday... maybe πŸ™‚

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

It doesn't where in the world you are. If you avoid 2 subjects in conversation with locals you will have no problems. Politics and religion.

OMG have ever heard some debates between people discussing those subjects? If one can agree to disagree that's one thing, but two sides going at each other like a couple of wild animals fighting for the last piece of food on earth, OMG! LOL

ATS can be quite the riot. Some of the weirdest threads are here. Mind-bending. I never comment though. Stars and flags only. Religion and politics. Plus my mind is already fixed. Talk is useless. I'm way too old and grumpy in the mornings.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Random question: what's the little lightening icon in the stats under my name?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Continued from reply link

Night held the crystal orb firmly in her delicate hands. From the swirling mist appeared a handsome Elven Warrior and he spoke..."I will protect you." He faded from view as the mist swirled yet again and numbers appeared...53 and 17. Pesky watched closely. "Wow, Night, that is a very handsome Elf you got there. Who is he and what the heck do the numbers mean?"

Night Star looked perplexed. "I don't know him and I don't know the meaning of the numbers...yet. Prepare yourself little one, we've wasted enough time already. The lovely Elf slipped her chainmail over her tunic, put her highly polished and sharpened sword in its scabbard, tied her leather pouch to her waist and grabbed her cloak with the crystal globe tucked safely away. She ran down the long halls, down the cold stone steps and out into the dark of night.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dakini37

I could have answered that question at one time, but now...I can't. I forgot.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think it's the number of years that pass before you finally attain Enlightenment.

I'll see myself out...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Same here. I will star and flag and usually remain quiet as a mouse.
Way too old? What does that mean for me? I must be ancient. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I think it's the number of years that pass before you finally attain Enlightenment.

I'll see myself out...

Nah, it means she's fully charged.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join