It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 24/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Most people are dishonest in the first stages of a relationship. They'll either wear make up, or shave, or trim the downstairs garden to make some kind of good impression. We don't reveal those dark parts of ourselves to others until we know we won't be rejected, or at least hope we won't. We're vulnerable us hoomins. Delicate and sensitive for the most part. The "trying to impress" comes from insecurity, most of us are looking for validation from someone outside of ourselves. It's not just women who act one way, with someone and another way with others. Most of us do it.

You see it more in young people who don't yet know who they are. I don't think there's any malevolent intent (of course there are some truly messed up people out there, I'm not discounting them) for most people. But then again, I do tend to be open and agreeable and believe in the core of people there is a kernel of pure goodness. Perhaps that's niave. I don't know. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Light, I liked that vid, she was very portishead/morcheeba.

I know this is turning into War and Peace but I have a cool favourite animal story.

White Fang by Jack London was the first non curriculum book I read for pleasure. It changed my life in many ways. I'd walked down the street bumping into things reading it. I'd run home from school and go to my room and devour page after page. It was my escape from my pretty dark home life. It ripped emotions out of me and I immersed in that world completely.

It began a lifelong connection with wolves. I was obsessed with them. For years I'd planned to become a conservationist, but life led me into motherhood and my love for them was only ever a wish to see them some day.

Years passed. Decades. Then, the summer before last I went to stay with a very unusual woman in her converted barn. That night she said,

"I'm just off to feed the wolves"

I laughed, thinking she was calling her dogs wolves. She asked me if I wanted to meet them. I was all ready to meet a few rottweilers or GSDs but in a large enclosure there were two huge, I mean massive wolves.

Hand over mouth I sobbed. Quite uncontrollably I might add. They were utterly magnificent, majestic, divine creatures. Never, ever would I have imagined they would actually be better than the book. I felt an enormously powerful energy from them, regal even. One came up and I touched his paw and paid homage. It was an encounter I will never let leave my heart 😊

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

I love wolves too and so does Wis and others in here. I just adore animals!
One of the characters in my story lines is a white wolf.

edit on 24-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
jacy,

That is wonderful news!
I can't even imagine how happy and excited you are for this awesome turn of events..

We have not interacted together, but I very much look forward to changing that!

/superduper-rollercoasterlooper-notstarshipbutgalaxytrooper-lobsternotgrouper-ownbedroom-withmoreheadroom-candylandnodoomndgloom-wishesandhugsforyou!< br />
fin,
Hey you ! I am so sorry I must have somehow overlooked your post last night(to many beers
)
I woke up this morning and re-read the last few pages, and am kicking myself for missing the opportunity to talk to you , my apologies my friend.

/acrossthepond-fond-goodfella'friend'o'mine--raisemystien-neverdecline-agluglugchug-atthepubyoubiglug-heartyHugs!

gordi,
In my stupor I missed your story contribution.

Excellent addition bro, I love how you write out the accents, it helps "bring me into the moment"

/nodacrosstheroom-gatherinthebackroom-sharebrewsandshrooms-untilweseecartoons-andsingintobrooms-loveyouruglymug-hugs!

walkinsilence sheye,
And all our other M.I.A.'s,
I just want to say,
I'm sending rays of light your way,
your loved and missed every day,

/Punchbuggyyellownopunchbacks-hugs!

Going to head off to finish off the Hawaiian chicken I made Saturday, made Alot..lol..

I'll be back after jeopardy

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Can't have my headphones on right now to listen to your vid as I am waiting for the delivery man. I'm having a steak, mushroom and cheese sandwich and a blond brownie.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Awww, you're so sweet! I miss everyone too very much! And lurkers...please stop that and join us! At least pop in and say hello or something. Please?

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OMG this so gorgeous! Hey Gordi or whoever...can you find the artist that did this pic? You did it for another pic I had wnted info on before.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey there!

I'm gonna take myself a MM break in preparation for the two hour block of the new Roseanne show tonight at 8..

For those who don't know/and/or are interested, they are replaying all of this season so far . I have dish and last week I missed most of the episode with David's return due to technical difficulties..,

Tomorrow I'm headed into Lyndon to buy seed, we lost a lot of snow today with the warm temps and we are expecting rain, which should knock the last of it down.

/hugs all

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 24-4-2018 by Mike Stivic because: clumsy thumbs and trichome gum

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

All I could find was Kzeniya Zharkova, and some thing I can't read in Russian, but I don't think that is the artist, I will dig deeper.
It is very well done.
This is what it would look like for an avatar with the correct size, I may try it out.

edit on 24-4-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Camel Dung

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37
Just a plain Thank You and a hug.
You made me cry tears of gratitude by relating this encounter.

Thank You, I am not alone.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

walkinsilence sheye, And all our other M.I.A.'s, I just want to say, I'm sending rays of light your way, your loved and missed every day,

How sweet Joe .. thank you !

I’ve been busy or in lurker mode these days.

It’s nice to read that someone cares. 😊

*waves to all Sheddites *

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

i think this is it...

alicechan.deviantart.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Days have been warmish here.
I want to buy some herbal plants. Hugs!

edit on 24-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks Darlin'! Man did I ever miss you! Very sore tonight. I'll answer your pm tomorrow. Big warm hug!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Of course we care silly! Good to finally see you show up again!
Hugs!

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Oooooh, thank you so much! I put the link in my favorites so I can get to it tomorrow and look around at that and other art. Hugs!

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Goodnight everyone! Goodnight Shed! Blows out the candles and heads for her room.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Did you check under your pillow ...

Mwahaaaha !

Cough cough ...

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver