It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

...Serious question. Is everyone in that Bolan Stones vid wearing a wig...?

YES! LOL (It was FUN!!)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dakini37

Yay! 👏👏👏

Who needs to go out on a Friday night when you can have a concert at home! "Bolan Stones" made me chuckle. Man, there a lot of hair in that band!

Hey!! I chose that band name!!!
We were sitting in the pub... trying to come up with a name for our '70's tribute band... and I thought of "The Bolan Stones".
GREAT NAME, but the band didn't last long! (You know what it's like)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

I wanted to go to the happy shop. Today was 4/20 after all but then I would have come home and had my own little celebration. Unfortunately, finances didn't allow. Maybe next year. Cheap alcohol is the next best thing. Apparently 10,000 people descended on a large park in London (Hyde Park) to celebrate with our American cousins across the pond. There was one arrest. I kid you not. One day we can...sigh.

ETA The vid (and imho sound) was way better on Ramjett. You make drumming look effortless.

edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo2

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The B&W Ramjett video was the only video that we (I) ever had done professionally.
Yup, Big G actually paid for a video!! ROFL

We loved the result! looked like a big stadium gig, but it was filmed in a tiny studio!!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

2 more Q's. Do you have more gigs lined up and did you rent your flat out yet?

ETA In the wig video you were barely visible through all of it. Something they always used to do with drummers. Damn shame cos drummer and bass set the beat. Without that, the rest of the band are going nowhere.

edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There are currently no gigs in the calendar.

The flat - we have interviewed about half a dozen potential tenants, but haven't found the right one yet!

PS - it was me who directed & produced the video with the wigs!
I didn't want to "hog" the limelight!!!
edit on 20-4-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sorry to hear, I hoped you'd have been getting some income already from the flat at least. Money doesn't grow on trees and I know the worry of bad tenants. I wish you much success in finding a suitable candidate soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

cheers Light - you are insightful in the extreme!! LOL

OK, here's one that I miss and admire to the n'th degree. Amy Winehouse.
What a talent. What a loss. sad but OMG she burned so bright!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Oh you had to go there! Amy... tears. If you haven't seen her docu, do! It will impress and make you sad at the same time.

Where is the rest of the Shed. No wait...4/20 ROFL Reggaeasta (search on youtube) has a few great reggae covers of hers. She was nothing less than gifted. And cursed. 27 club.
If you can rent that flat out for 20 a week with a return flight to Holland included each month I'll be there with my cheap ass.

ETA

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Get over here!
27 club... so sad.

OK back to the music!

This is the original version of "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green - it has a fair amount of bad language and sexual swear words, my apologies for that, but what an awesome tune!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Don't apologise. Personally I don't trust people that don't ever swear. It ain't #ing normal, specially after a few bevvies.
As long as the music and the friendship flows...

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
...and... Lana Del Rey?
I have no idea what this girl is like in RL, but Oh My!!! I love her videos! LOL

How pretty is she?
Is it just me?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

This is NOT GOOD!

The Whisky is officially finished.

A sad day indeed. Big G has to go to bed soon.

My thanks to Light and Dak... wow! Light & Dak... that HAS to be a band name???

Laterz -
G

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Sleep well. I'll keep burning the light for ya!

ETA Dak is the Dutch word for roof. Light and Dak could work!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, just me here on my own I guess. One last song. House music. Not bad for an English emigrated white boy done good in the US. New Orleans was always on my list if ever I made it to the US. The music there.

Night Night, Night all. Hope you's all doing well in the bushes. I have no dough-nuts.

ETA OK, ok...the last one really! Sound quality is better on this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nope, it's not happening. I can't sleep. I thought I was going to but I just wriggled. I just can't sleep until 4am, so be it.

Light, I have no clue what a happy shop is. My happy shop would have all different beads and jewelry findings in it, or a shop full of puppies! My boys informed me of it being 4/20, they did indeed blaze! I just made a casserole, which is how I roll. Roll! Geddit? I'm a complete straight. No intoxicants, no rubbish, I won't use the v word (it's a complete ideology) but I eat a whole food plant based diet. Aren't I just a riot?

I know I'm supposed to love Frank, but just like Joey Ramone's he annoys the feck out if me.

I adore Lana. She seems like a pretty cool cat at that. She just oozes cool. OMG, that drawl. Her music is like liquid satin being poured over ice. I love Amy's voice too, it has such depth and control.

I know nicknames aren't necessarily chosen, they're given, but I'm not into Dak. Please may I have my other three letters back? 😁

Night Gordi, bet you'll sleep well now you've polished off that bottle!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wow, Hugh really is an astoundingly talented man. I pretty much love everything that man does.
edit on 2042018 by Dakini37 because: Because his name's not "Huge"

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It was Gordi! I just mentioned what dak meant in Dutch, if you hate the shortening blame him. You have a PM. I don't think I've ever had a casserole but I left English speaking land 25 years ago. Dutch friends tell me I'm more Dutch than English but I still don't like riding a bike. All Dutch people can ride bikes with no hands. I need both hands, and plenty of space which Dutch people do not give me because they are better on a bike. Living in Rotterdam (a large busy city) I don't dare ride my bike. I think I won't be upright for long on my bike if I tried it here. Broken bones ain't so much fun.
edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Roger that!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join