It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Considering the quality of beer I drink (the cheapest supermarket junk) I doubt I'd have noticed.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dakini37

wow, DARK!
But very interesting take on a "classic" peace song.
Nice - Thank You!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I recorded a VERY ROUGH version of Blondie's "Dreaming" with a view to introducing it to our live set soon.
Would anyone like to see that?? It's not the finished article but might give an idea of where I want to go with it?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Of course!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's VERY rough - first run through... reading the lyrics etc... be kind!!! LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wow! That was amazing!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Great stuff! Didn't sound like a first attempt, I'd be fumbling and umming and ahhing all over the place LOL.

Your band is a 3 piece, right? You on acoustic always? Plus drummer and...bassist?
edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

??? really ???

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Band is currently just a Duo.

I used to play drums - just Guitar/singing at the moment!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yeah! I thought it was brilliant. All my family are musicians (except me strangely enough) but I have a good ear and that was really, really good.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thank you Dak!
I really REALLY appreciate that.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Do you also play electric guitar live though, instead of perhaps only amplified acoustic?

ETA What did that guitar in your clip cost just out of interest? I was amazed at the prices some of them cost. I knew a guy that had one acoustic that was 600 euros, his other was 1200. Just being nosey, and interested.

edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 My Ibanez electric bass cost 300 euros new. It seemed like enough and it sounds good to my ears. Haven't touched it in 2 years tho.
Strings need replacing by now. Cheap-ass me.
edit on 20/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have played electric (rhythm guitar) live before, but I prefer the warmer acoustic tones now.
The guitar in the video is a Fancy French one!
A LAG Tramontane JCE333.
The list price was £549, but I got mine a bit cheaper.
My usual "gigging" guitars are Ibanez Artwood and Ibanez Exotic Wood Electro Acoustics. They are quite cheap, but sound great, are very robust, reliable and dependable! (Look great too!)
G

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

There's something so much more enjoyable about listening to music performed by people you know. I remember the first time I heard my son sing. I honestly thought he was playing Ben Harper. When I realised it was him I was overwhelmed with emotion. He's ridiculously talented, but he doesn't want to put any of it out there. So, it's a real kindness that you share your talent with others. It's such a gift!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I still think that this is my favourite video of me...

LOVE that song.

But, You can see me actually drumming (in a previous life) in the ones below! LOL

Sorry - had a few drams now! Getting nostalgic!!! hehe

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I like to sing too (am not good at it but it's good for my soul sometimes when I have the right song on youtube that lets me reach the notes!) but don't let anyone else hear it. I cannot play and sing at the same time though. When I was young I used to play electric rhythm with a friend, he could do all the quick lead stuff.

One last cover of a crappy 80's Tears For Fears song. Piano on a roof with great visuals. We've at least given Night Star plenty to catch up with.

ETA Nice Marshall's Big G! :up

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OK, I get it!
Enough of that rubbish!!! LOL

OK, here is some REAL acoustic talent - brought to my attention by a good pal on another conspiracy site that I work for...

...just WOW.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

oooh, another dark one - BUT brilliant cover of an already good song.

I am firmly of the belief that a good song is a good song... and given the proper respect it should be able to transcend genres, styles etc.

My wee duo tries to do just that... folky acoustic versions of ROCK songs etc but best of all - it's great fun!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Nothing rubbish, just everyone posting at the same time LOL

Serious question. Is everyone in that Bolan Stones vid wearing a wig...?

ETA I hated the 80's the sound lacked depth regardless op genre. Too many 1st gen 2 bit synths. Loud volume made it even worse on the ears.
Bass was almost non-existent and I hate the poppy stuff, as I've mentioned here before. Rock or die! LOL Madonna should die, still to this day!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yay! 👏👏👏

Who needs to go out on a Friday night when you can have a concert at home! "Bolan Stones" made me chuckle. Man, there a lot of hair in that band!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join