It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It is a device that emits a masking smell and it permeates my room. I complained politely, he more or less told me to go # myself. It was the lying that REALLY pressed my button though. Apparently the smell comes only from outside according to said neighbour. Thieves and liars are high on my # list. He's in one of those two categories. Apparently he had a coc aine problem so perhaps he burnt his olfactory sense to oblivion. Meanwhile, I choke on his fumes.

I have no luck with neighbours in temporary housing in Rotterdam.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Sorry to hear that Light. Sounds like it could get irritating, and I would be po’d if something like that stopped me from enjoying my beer and smoke.

* sighs * ... life is not a cake walk .. especially when you can’t walk and you have neighbors making your life hell.

Maybe you could complain to those who run the building and say you are scent sensitive ? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I hope I can move again soon. When my foot is better and I have a little money.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Got home from the hospital. No complications. I'll write more whenever I'm up to it but pain pills will be pain pills and have made me into a zombie for now.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Swallow 2 for me. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Forget Twister, I'll just let you give me a piggy-back. For a mile or two... and then back again.

ETA Sing the blues.

edit on 10/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ah, great song! Hubby used to play that and other Hendrix tunes. Here's your song...

And I'll throw in an extra...Hard to find decent vids on this, but the sound quality is good on this one.
Jimi was way ahead of his years as a musician and is a legend!

If you're old, I must be ancient. LOL

Age is just a number and you are not foolish.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Got home from the hospital. No complications. I'll write more whenever I'm up to it but pain pills will be pain pills and have made me into a zombie for now.

Welcome back home Hunny! Or perhaps I should call you Mr. Zombie today. I hope the pixies behaved while they were with you in the hospital.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

But i have (had?) the potential to make it much further. In an "achieving goals of life" kind of way.

You still have that potential.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Wow what a great song! Never heard of this band! Amazing guitarist!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wow what a great song! Never heard of this band! Amazing guitarist!!!!

Are you sure you haven’t heard of The White Stripes before ?( my guess is you have and forgot.. no biggy )

This was one of their big hits years back..

edit on 10-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Yeah ! No complications.. which means you passed the first mark with flying colours. Now it’s just the healing process, which will take time... but you have learned patience along your journey Blue. A little more and things will begin to improve in your life. Many blessings to you.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Something new ... 😉 ( hopefully it hasn’t been posted before.. I miss some 😕)

edit on 10-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

OH! I guess I have heard of them. LOL!

I loved the other video you posted after that post. And...I don't think I ever heard of that band before. Did I? Hmm...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

OH! I guess I have heard of them. LOL!

I loved the other video you posted after that post. And...I don't think I ever heard of that band before. Did I? Hmm...

Lol.. doesn’t matter.. as long as you’re enjoying it.

You must be getting excited for tomorrow 😊... I would be. I must confess I’m a rain person , so when I read you may encounter rain, I thought “perfect” ! Iwould definately get wet and go for n ocean rain walk on the beach. As long as it wasn’t too cold, but you could bundle up.

Anyhow, hope you do get a little visit on the shoreline at some point, but even if you don’t, you’ll have a blast like you always do with your friends.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

We decided to postpone for another weekend, So...no ocean this week, but my time will come.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

How lovely Fiver! Thank you for sharing the beautiful artwork! How have you been?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Greeeetings shedlandia,

I am pleased to announce that we have a brand new shiny Short Story Writers Contest up and running...

HERE

Now, go get creative... or not!
Entirely up to you. Just thought I'd mention it. No biggeee. No obligation. No worries. I'll just stand over there > > > waiting for the ATS postman.... alone.... with nothing but tumbleweeds... and a small tear in my eye.... No pressure.... (sniffle)... I'll leave it up to you....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The pixies did not behave while I was gone and are continuing with this behavior. Apparently my cat, Miss Paris has been peeing on dad's recliner. I can in part understand her doing so as she was marking her territory to remind dad that he is not the supreme overlord of this house while I'm not here.

Otherwise, I can blame dad for his style of cleaning the litter box. That of letting "things" build up for a week and then dumping the contents and hosing the box down outside.

He is threatening to throw my cat out. There is nothing I can do as my steps are limited for now.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This all is difficult to type thanks to the pain pill but I feel the need to keep my Shed family up to date on my progress. Please excuse my typing.

The surgery took place late Thursday morning. My only issue before I was put under was due to the nausea from the fentanyl used to relax me or whatever. I was giving two doses of anti-nausea meds for this which helped.

For now my left leg from my toes to about 5 inches below my knee is wrapped in ace bandages, a splint, plus what ever bandages and stitches lie below that. This means I am using a walker to get around on and supposed to keep off my foot. It's not easy so I have to cheat a bit when I stand. My walking distance is limited to my bedroom (from my bed to the computer chair) and when needed the bathroom. I have been using a laundry soap box for several months due to bladder problems for this anyway.

Monday I will call the foot doctor to make an appointment to see him around the 24th to have the bandages and splint removed. Depending on how my foot looks at that time I will get (A) additional surgery or (B) a cast to wear for about one month.

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join