It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Forgive my ignorance, you are thirteen hours ahead of me. No wonder you are so smart.

Smart

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hahaha !

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wister, YES, join the story!!!!!

Hiya Timely! Haha, at first I wrote Rimely. Wonder what a rimely is?

If there is a party I want in! I need a drink.
I was so happy that my pain had improved, but now...

Spent so much time making filter thingies for my tanks, sewing and adding that carbon stuff. The turtle filter has all kinds of parts and is quite a project to clean properly. The little tank with my beta is a piece of cake. Had to walk back and forth with jugs of water to add to the turtle tank. All that standing and walking back and forth with heavy jugs didn't do me any good. Neither did my movie day on Tuesday when we couldn't find one single available handicapped parking spot. Long trek through the parking lot, part of the mall and down long halls to our movie room. Of course it was way at the end of the hall.

Going out for the rest of my groceries tomorrow and then have to get up early Saturday.

Because I can't predict when I will have a good or bad day, I'm worried about my two days at Diane's this weekend. The last time I was in extreme pain and couldn't do much of anything. Good thing she and her Husband love my company so much and I love theirs. And...showers are predicted!
That's like at least the second time we had rain when I went for an overnight stay and one time it was cold. So no beach yet again. My piece of heaven will have to wait.

My Sister was supposed to get back to me about my appointment for my xrays a couple of weeks ago, but never did so she springs it on me that she will see me Wednesday. She always asks if a certain day is ok with me. It hit me then that she must have made the appointment and never got back to me about it. She forgot.

It gets to me that I have to rely on people and that I have to limit doing things that are so simple for most people.

I do not want to be put on the really strong pain meds that are so addictive. I was given a double increase in the one I'm on now. With certain operations, they can make things better, stay the same or make you worse. No guarantees. Worse would put me in a wheelchiar. So unless my condition worsens where I am guarenteed to be in one, I'll wait it out.

And...how the hell will I ever be able to afford the cataract surgery in a couple of years? My medical only covers surgery in a regular hospital. Yeah, I just took an anxiety pill. Sigh...

I apoligize for ranting.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You will find it is Que.

And bizarrely I am been using it often. I blame it on the Spanish TV shoes I have been watching the last couple of years.

I think Por Que is why.

Edit That was directed at WIS
edit on 9-8-2018 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Take a deep breath ,Night 😕. You’ll get through this one day at a time, and life will steer you towards the right decisions. As far as money for the cataract surgery, that’s still a ways off. If you start a gofundme account, I promise I’ll donate. ( don’t laugh, it’s a thought lol )

I know back pain Night, and when you were explaining your trek through the parking lot, the mall , followed by the theatre itself, I could only imagine you being so relieved to sit down. Back pain affects everyday life to a point of making it difficult to manage. But you are strong , Night and you weather the good days with the bad, and try to stay positive, which is an inspiration for all of us.

Oh... and it’s ok to rant.. you’ve earned the privilege.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sheye! I know you suffer with chronic pain as well. It's back, hip, and leg pain...spinal stenosis, arthritis and nerve damage/neuropathy.

The go fund me thing is a good idea though we both hate asking anyone for anything. It sounds funny, but he needs a new leg and I need new eyes. Like.. WTH? LOL

We have people who would set it up if it comes down to it. He needs to inquire about the different leg prosthetics that are available and find out the prices.

Yep, one day at a time. I needed to vent and I did. I also took my anxiety pill earlier and just took a soothing bath.

I had to chuckle when you mentioned what a relief it must have been to sit down. I was waiting for Linda to get her popcorn and soda. She took so long getting the right amount of butter on her popcorn I figured she would be done any second but kept waiting. I started walking ahead and you have to turn this corner. I turn the corner and look back. There was a bench I could have sat on to wait, but how long does it take to get to the corner and turn? For her...forever. So...

I didn't sit because I kept thinking any second now. Well finally I see her turn the corner so I turn into where our room is and open the door for her. I'm standing there waiting and waiting and thinking what on earth is that girl doing???? I felt bad, but had to go and sit. No sooner do I close the door, but she comes in right after. LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Hi Auroraaus! So lovely to see you tonight!

I knew about the que spelling, but was too busy ranting to point it out. Her spell check isn't working and many people have been complaining about things not working right on the site lately.

By the way, you said T.V. shoes instead of shows. LOL
edit on 9-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hope Blue is doing well.
Hope Light's foot is improving.
Hope everyone is ok.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
You will find it is Que.
And bizarrely I am been using it often. I blame it on the Spanish TV shoes I have been watching the last couple of years.
I think Por Que is why.
Edit That was directed at WIS

Hey Girl, this gave me a nice wake up giggle. First I thought it was a riddle about a Spanish television show, why is she talking about a queue and misspelling it? until I got to the "for WIS" part.
Your reason for using it isn't as weird as mine. I picked it up from "Fawlty Towers", when I binge watched it in Denmark many years ago.

OMG it just dawned on me why Timely wrote Manuel in response to a previous post. This is too funny and I am too slow .
edit on 10-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

I forgot.

edit on 10-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: edit edit edit. No one reads this, do they?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I knew about the que spelling,

By the way, you said T.V. shoes instead of shows. LOL

This is marvelous, I am just giggling away here. A's correction resulted in all sorts of fun and you caught an error. A good one to boot. Get it.

Good Morning Shedlings

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Bahahaha

Alright Spanish TV shoes works way better for the soul (heh) anyway, need a bit of giggles I think we do.

Poor Manuel.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Better late .. Hehe !

The slower the dawning ... the better the grin !
🤩

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Giggles from me too reading through the posts. LOL

Good Morning/Afternoon or Evening my Lovelies!

Leaving early today for errands and the rest of my groceries.

Have a beautiful day!

edit on 10-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Fun trivia fact. Fawlty Towers was based on a real English hotel and its owners. The Pythons stayed there once and couldn't believe their eyes. So John Cleese eventually got busy recreating the ambiance, stupidity, rudeness and total lack of customer enjoyment. It was an instant hit in the UK. True story.

edit on 10/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

How is the foot? Can it carry any weight yet?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Thank you dear. Know you are a sage. Not the plant.

Thanks dear!

New word learned. I thought it was just a plant. "wise, especially as a result of great experience:"

Yeah, i hear that sometimes. There is experience but mostly it is not applicable to benefit the wellbeing of others or me. You can take this for granted: I have made many choices in my life that officially qualify me as a non-wise person. I have a calming effect and i sense feelings of people around me, and i know some mind tricks that really helps people who are really sad or freaked out. But i have (had?) the potential to make it much further. In an "achieving goals of life" kind of way.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Still a cripple here. It hurts.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Still a cripple here. It hurts.

Not cool

In addition to the hurting, i bet you must feel frustrated. You are used to walking from point A to point B. Now pain eliminates that possibility. Stay strong, it will get better

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can hear the not coffee coffee-shop calling. The wind cried Mary.... (A Jimi Hendrix lyric) First world problems. I love those. Free health-care but only if you can walk is another voice. Along with another voice, my new neighbour and his disgusting electric smell device. I can't taste my beer or my cigarette. If I had a gun, I would shoot myself through the head.

I feel old, helpless and foolish. This too will pass...?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

my new neighbour and his disgusting electric smell device. I can't taste my beer or my cigarette. If I had a gun, I would shoot myself through the head.

What kind of electric smell device is that ? It even permeates into your room ? Sorry, but you have me curious.
Don’t feel old, helpless and foolish... please.

You’re just out of commission for awhile😕...
edit on 10-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join