It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hello Wister! I told Gordi to invent those refrigerator bras and he would be rich. I would certainly buy one. I'd like an entire refrigerated outfit. LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hello Sheye! I slept late and need a second cup of coffee. I might venture out onto the porch to see if my poor plants are still alive. It's been too hot for me to even want to go out. Hope my neighbor watered my plants. I water hers if I see they are getting dry.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Some of that music would be good for writing an evil scene in a story. LOL
I don't care for techno music myself, but no matter what people listen to, if it makes them happy and moves them in some way, it's all good.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

It's all good. They were playing proper instruments though with the odd synthesiser here and there accompanied by samples and possibly even poly-rhythms. Maybe it's just me.

Goes to show you I technically don’t know much about techno music 😆. Anything with a synthesized sound and that certain beat sounds techno to me. I guess I have lots to learn about music I don’t care for.😉

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Morning Night.. hope your java is hitting the spot ! Had my usual 3 cups already this morning.. will be time for an afternoon nap soon.

Hope your plants get watered by your neighbor, and hope Mark finds those rolls of wallpaper. Did you check under all furniture and behind it ? How about out in a hallway ? Just suggestions, as I know it would be frustrating to lose something like that, when you’re trying to get the work done.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ahhh, ear candy, my Dutch/British friend, what a nice surprise for me to add to my list of power music.I really like the blend of Tibetan throat singing, the digiridoo, the bodran, african rhythms, South american flute, hip-hop, and I appreciate the unexpected rhythms.
From a notorius exclectic old fart.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

LOL! We checked everywhere. I think it's only one that he can't find now. I have a feeling he piled a bunch of crap in front of it in the spare room. There are so many boxes and music equipment, car parts etc. He is giving away his bow flex which takes up sooo much room in that small room. It's just getting my neighbor and some help moving it down to her place.

I haven't seen her as it has been too hot to sit out. I did check the plants and they are doing great. A few of the Landlords plants and a couple of ours were a little dry so I watered them. I guess she has been keeping up pretty much out there.
Happy plants.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I can't understand how the person in that 3 legged suite is moving around. It looks too weird to be real and I have seen the clip many many times. Even while sober! Is he standing on his head? 2 arms? 1 foot 1 arm? It is well choreographed but I doubt many of us enjoy this particular genre of music but the video is very weird.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes WIS, John Cleese, and Monty Python had quite an influence on who I am today.

Otherwise, I'm busy doing all I can for life after surgery on Thursday. As my foot will be hurting and swollen once again I can't expect to get up and do much for some time so I'm doing all I can now to prepare.

Be well everyone was it's good to be something.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
A new series that I'm falling in love with as a Stephen King fan from days of old.
It's good to see places, characters/actors, and events from his stories come back to life.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Otherwise, I'm busy doing all I can for life after surgery on Thursday. As my foot will be hurting and swollen once again I can't expect to get up and do much for some time so I'm doing all I can now to prepare.

Smart man Blue, take it easy on that foot, and before you know it you’ll be feeling like a new man. I have full confidence that other issues in your life will eventually be taken care of themselves as well. Hang on to positive thoughts Blue, and remember patience is a virtue.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel misunderstood and it makes me sad.

And when people assume things about me , without really understanding why I say something, it can make me a little angry.

I’m working on these issues. People and their viewpoints should not have that much influence over my emotions.. but I am human after all, and all I can do is try harder to improve. Not only my communication, but my reaction to it.

I truly suck at being a Christian some days. Thank God Jesus died for my sins. 😕
My personal theme song ..( have no idea why the intro is the Beatles 😆)

edit on 5-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I can't understand how the person in that 3 legged suite is moving around.
That is very odd and I intend to solve the mystery.

It is well choreographed but I doubt many of us enjoy this particular genre of music...

I agree on both observations, I was being a bit of an ars in a passive aggressive manner. There is no need to call others preference "garbage"
My own fancy in techno leans towards trance and I normally avoid Phych. But then I have such a wide range of preference I can tolerate and enjoy because many years ago I decided to have an open mind. That was due to observing people where cultural rigor mortis had become permanent. They where not only stuck in one genre but it seemed an invasive attitude employed in all other aspects of their lives.
I have serious allergic reactions to any kind of pervasive nostalgia that prevents communication. It is a kind of cultural segregation. Us versus Them. It reflects insecurity. Oh the wonderful ways we claim our tribes.
Hows "The Foot" ?

Here is a little snack
from my wild 80's and they were wild!!!!

I was a biker, on my own bike, no back seet riding for me. I used to drive my folks crazy with dancing to this in the attic. A littel nostalgia. But I could post some early techno too, same crazy wild beat.

edit on 5-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: pooh again

edit on 5-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2018 by WalkInSilence because: pooh

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I have serious allergic reactions to any kind of pervasive nostalgia that prevents communication.

I have a serious allergic reaction to many types of “new”music.. 😏.

I’m not a snob about my music preferences, just honest.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I’m working on these issues. People and their viewpoints should not have that much influence over my emotions.. but I am human after all, and all I can do is try harder to improve. Not only my communication, but my reaction to it.

Yes, we are only human and as human we make mistakes and grow from them. Great attitude you have about trying to improve communication and your reaction to it. I think we all have/do at one time or another.

I really liked that old song! I had forgotten all about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for the words of encouragement Night.
(( hugs ))

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

On the topic of music, I grew up listening to many genres, from Mom and Dad's tastes to my much older Sister and Brother's, to my Brother who is closer to may age. Years ago, I would go to a record store and pick out something new to listen to every week. I was also lucky and had two pen pals who did record reviews and they sent me many of the latest records that were out. People at school didn't even hear of these bands until much later, if they heard them all.

Though I have my preferences, my tastes are quite varied and I am open to listening to different things. Like anyone else, I have things I love, like and don't like.

I love how music can fill us with emotion and wonder. Some songs just leave me in awe. You can feel how powerful or whimsical or empowering etc. They always evoke some kind of emotion.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No problem. I have misunderstood people before or they have misunderstood me. I sometimes find it difficult to truly articulate my thoughts, feelings and opinions. A lot depends on how I am feeling at the time. I have days where my depression or anxiety hits or I am fatigued or too busy and distracted. Sometimes I can make long replies and other times say hardly anything at all.

In any case, we are indeed human and ever changing and trying to better ourselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I was a biker, on my own bike, no back seet riding for me. I used to drive my folks crazy with dancing to this in the attic.

I rode on the back of a motorcycle once. Once and never again. Ahahaha!

When you were dancing in the attic, did you also sing into your hairbrush? LOL
I was always dancing around the house and singing. When I was old enough, I loved the night club scene with loud music, dancing, drinks and great company. Fun times!

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join