It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Oh no, I completely missed your post Fin! I don't know how the hell I did that. What are your meditations like?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thinking of you all and wishing you well. A lovely day to wander through the Shedlands and enjoy your day/eve/night.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello out there! These halls are long and silent in here.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

HI! Today is an OK day, 20C not too hot, nice breeze, very comfy. How goes your day? (if I don't answer right away, it's cause I have a doc appointment. check up, nothing serious lol)

Edit: That cat looks like one of our dogs, I will post a pic later.
edit on 23-7-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Hi There! Good luck with your appointment Hun! I have a Siamese cat, my first Siamese ever. It's true what they say about this breed being talkative. He loves people and is sweet and funny and graceful. My little love bug.

Looking forward to seeing the pic of your dog. Wondering if it is a pug that you have as they have the coloring of a Siamese cat.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yesterday, my kids and the best friend from up the street went over to her house to play. A neighbor kid of hers a few doors down was having a birthday party and went over to the friend's house to invite them over to partake. They were over there a good 3 hours having a fun time of it, the family in general (parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc) pooled together to go all out for her with the deli platters and cake shop cake, etc. It was awfully nice of her to invite them over to her party, they didn't expect that.

When they came home, Younger Kiddo was sniffling, which happens on occasion -- she's a little sensitive and something as common as a roadkill rabbit can bum her out for days. Except when I asked what was wrong, she was evasive as hell about it.

Parental alarm bells GALORE going off. Operation Gentle Needling was a go.

"No, nobody was mean to me."
"No, nobody made fun of me."
"No, nobody hit me or hurt me."
"No, I didn't fall down or anything."
"No, nobody's dog scared me."
"No, no grown-ups yelled at me."
"No, I didn't break anything."
"No, I didn't steal anything."
"No, nobody stole anything of mine."
"No, I didn't feel ignored."
"No, I didn't feel jealous of her party."

After a while, it turned into "Just forget about it already!"

So I tried again this evening. She finally admitted what had her so upset that she didn't want to talk about it.

Because it was a sudden invitation, she didn't have a gift to give the girl, and felt awful about it. "You never go to a birthday party without a present, that is VERY rude and selfish, and I'm not rude OR selfish..." *big trembling lip*

She felt very guilty being there without a present, eating the food and playing with her. She felt like she was mooching. Having a kid with a conscience sucks sometimes

We will remedy this in a few days when hubs has a day off so he can take her to the store to buy a belated gift. Child will NOT feel better til she atones.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What a thoughtful, loving child. I would have felt the same as a child. Always felt things very deeply. You brought up a lovely daughter and should be proud. I'm sure you are.

I enjoyed hearing this story very much.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

What a thoughtful, loving child. I would have felt the same as a child. Always felt things very deeply. You brought up a lovely daughter and should be proud. I'm sure you are.

I enjoyed hearing this story very much.

She's a very thoughtful girl indeed. For the most part, both kids are very generous and are happy to empty their piggy banks to give the neighborhood ice creams from the truck that comes through, or would much rather give outgrown/unwanted things away instead of selling them, etc.

My younger one got a new bike for her birthday earlier this year, she'd outgrown her old one. She took care of it & kept it in mint condition for 3 years, so it was definitely capable of bringing in a nice sum for a used bike, but she decided she didn't want to sell it -- she wanted to give it to their best friend's little brother because he loves the color of it. And so she did, along with the helmet she outgrew, but was still within date (they have expiration dates on helmets) He's a very happy little boy riding around on that shiny big kid bike now, and that makes her extremely happy.

Knowing that she prefers to be generous where applicable, I completely understand why not having a gift to give upset her so deeply. On a fundamental level, it went against her personal morals.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Love it!

Thank you for sharing that!

At different times of the year, when I was a child growing up, my Parents asked my siblings and I to go through our toys and put aside the things we no longer played with to donate to those less fortunate. I felt good doing that, knowing it would bring happiness to others.

I need a nap and it doesn't matter that it is evening. LOL
Maybe I'll be able to stay awake. Going to watch things and I'll be back later.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok, it is definitive. I am packing my stuff and moving to The Shed permanently.
I need to rant.

First, I am devastated that my behavior affected a person negatively.
I had a split shift, going on eleven hours. When I came in the new trainee was there, young girl of sixteen. She is a sweet little thing. I quickly realized that every thing the person had trained her to do was wrong. Completely.

So I corrected every thing she did, reassuring her that it wasn't her fault, over and over again. At the same time I made "explicit" complaints about the lack of training she had received.

Well she took all of this to heart, asked if she could go to the bath room, to which I replied that I wasn't in charge of peoples private matters.
She called her Mom, her hideous, "white trash" Mom showed up with three like daughters yelled at me, called the police for child harassment and threatened me. said her daughter was handicapped. I had asked the girl if she had any restrictions. She wouldn't even let me apologize.
I feel so bad that I had that effect on a child. I feel filthy. How could I let my feelings affect my behavior?

And now I am scared, "these people" can get very violent in their self justification. They are down right nasty. Where others may experience racial problems ours are, shall we say "interracial". It is a little town. Many live on well-fare, they are un-educated and thrive on creating a space for themselves based on their own suffering, which serves them well.

They receive attention not by personal accomplishment but by what they "must endure" from their surroundings. We are all their enemies.
And because of her stupidity I couldn't even say I was sorry.

Sorry about the rant.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thank you dear for the two accounts of your very well raised daughters. It is encouraging to know that there is perhaps hope for humanity.
You write very well, which is a pleasure.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Just a very belated hug.

You posted some days ago ago about a disturbing doctors visit. I hope all went well.

I will never catch up in here, but you are all in my heart. Is that a contradiction?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I agree. And although I am not permitted to post this picture, I will be a rebel.

Hello. Even when I lurk I enjoy every ones adventures.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I really felt that post Wister! You tried to train the girl right and kept telling her that it wasn't her fault that she wasn't. You didn't know that she was handicapped. You wanted to apologize, but weren't allowed to by the Mother. You meant well. You have been overworked and dealing with an impossibly difficult supervisor. Sorry everything came crashing down on you so hard today. I really am.

You know you will always have a home here, a place to retreat to. You have me and other Sheddites to give you hugs and a hand to hold. No one is perfect. Life is not perfect. We can only do our best and not expect any more than that. We have all, I'm sure, at one time or another, hurt another person without ever meaning to. I know I have. It does tend to eat away at me when it happens until I can make things right again. Sometimes I'm not articulate and things I have said get misinterpreted or misunderstood.

You just wanted to train the kid right. You had no intention of hurting her.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Why aren't you allowed to post that cute kitty pic? What'd I miss?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hello Light! Thanks for the tune! Nice song!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Sheye

So what you are basically saying is that:

Today is the tomorrow you were thinking about yesterday.

That’s pretty much it 😆. I procrastinated my errands until tomorrow or the day after 😏.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I must come from the same royal bloodline if you are the Queen of procrastinators. LOL
I was actually proud today. I swept the floors. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but I swear, it was. LOL

Didn't color my hair like I wanted, but hey...tomorrow is another day. Right?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Didn't color my hair like I wanted, but hey...tomorrow is another day. Right?

Tomorrow is always another day ... hopefully 🤔.

I ended up doing some housework today instead of grocery shopping and other errands. No big deal.. it will all get done eventually.

I used to color my hair, Night..but now I can’t be bothered 😆. I only have a touch of grey, so it’s not a big deal, but you never know..I may decide to dye again.

Have you ever tried the product that comes out in foam and is for root touch ups. You can use the container multiple times until it is finished. Great product !

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join