It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
i am lurking, listening to AC/DC on headphones and having a drink

Hey, a new person! Hello!

THUNDEEEEEEEEEER! (struck)

I am happy that you decided to drop by and looking forward to see your writings here in the future too.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sharing this from the website Quora. If T&C's are violated in doing so then so be it. It's a meaningful story about friendship.

"In high school I knew a girl who's parents were brother and sister. She was taken away from them at birth. One, because her mother was only 14 when she gave birth and her father was 20. And two, because she had severe health complications and mental issues. This girl was one of the most kind and loving people I've ever met! She was 15 when I met her yet had the mental capacity of a 6 year old and she would always have that mental capacity.

A lot if kids at our school would tease her because of her disabilities and would tease her about her parents being brother and sister. Not sure how everyone found out about her parents. But even when she was teased, she still always had a smile on her face and was so nice to everyone. Even the kids who teased her.

In our senior year, she changed. She wasn't as happy as she use to be. When she was teased, she would become very angry and sometimes a little violent and threw tantrums and would cry and scream a lot. Maybe all those years of being teased by her peers caught up to her and she realized how xxxxx the human race could be.

In one of the classes we had together, we needed to partner up for a project. She always had a special teacher with her. So I asked her teacher if she could be my partner. This girl lit up when I asked her if she wanted to be my partner. She was so happy that I came and asked her to be my partner! She had a harf time staying on task. Got distracted easily. I was warned by her teacher that working with her would be difficult but I didn't mind. This girl was so happy she had a friend!

It was hard to get any work done because she would always tell me all kinds of stories and asked me all kinds of questions. I would listen and answer all her questions. Her teacher praised me for being so kind and patient with her because no one else was. I did most of the project. She did the drawing and coloring. She was actually very good at drawing! We got an A+ on our project which made her so happy!

After that, we sat next to eachother in class. I remember one day, she came to class and I could tell she was very upset. She had been crying. She didn't want to talk to her teacher. She sat next to me and I asked her what was wrong. She said one of the other girls in our class and two of her friends said some mean things to her in the hall and then tripped her. I asked ger which girl it was and she pointed to her. I was pissed! So I walked up to this girl, who was sitting at her desk, got right in her face, and told her if she ever said or did anything to her again, I'm gonna make sure she wish she didnt!

I wont say the exact words I used. But along with the look I gave her, I could tell she was scared! Im not a mean person nor am I aggressive but at that moment, I was. Anyone who teases and hurts someone with any disability, is a disgusting person! And i made sure that the girl who was being a bully, knew how disgusting she was! I went and sat back down next to my new friend. ( Her name is April btw) I told her that that girl wouldn't be mean to her again and if she was, to tell me right away! Several minutes later the bully walked up to April and apologized for being mean and tripping her. April accepted her apology.

One of our last projects for the class was to do a paper on someone who has influenced us the most. I decided to do the paper about April. Even with all her disabilities and struggles and how mean people had been to her, she was always so positive. April also did her paper about me! Neither one of us knew we were doing the paper on the other until it was time to read our paper in class. I went before April did. As soon as i started reading and I said April's name, I looked up at her and she had a huge smile on her face. As i continued reading, and looking up at her, I could tell she was crying. Not sad crying. But happy crying. I had referred to April as my friend several times in my paper. When I was done reading, April stood up and yelled out, “ that's my best friend!”

April couldn't write or read too well. Her teacher is the one who wrote her paper. Word for word what April told her to write. Then her teacher read her paper to the class. My heart felt so big just knowing how much I meant to April and how happy she was that I was her friend. Her best friend. Her teacher added her own comment at the end and thanked me for being such a great friend to April.

Towards the end of the school year, April became very ill due to complications from one of her many health problems. She was in the hospital for about 3 weeks. I went to visit her a few times a week. I even brought a couple of my friends so April felt like she had more friends then just me. My friends treated her like she was their friend. Even though they didn't know eachother.

April fell even more ill and she passed away just hours after my last visit with her. During my last visit with her, we played the board game candyland. Which was her favorite board game! Her adopted parents and her teacher were also there and her teacher played the game with us. I spent about 4 hours at the hospital with her that last day. April was so happy!

I was warned before I went in that day that April's health was declining rapidly and she had maybe days left. So I made sure my time spent with her would be one of the best days! I painted her nails. And I braided her hair. Just hours after I left, April passed away. Her mom called me to tell me the news. My heart hurt. Her mom gave me all kinds of thank yous for being one of the only people to ever really care about April and be so nice to her. It's not April's fault her parents were brother and sister and she had so may menat disabilities and health issues. She was a wonderful person and deserved to be treated the same way she treated others!"

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
cont. from above -

"EDIT: Thank you so much to everyone who commented! Sorry about some spelling errors! Im so happy that my story touched your hearts! I have many stories similar to this one. I continue to spread love and happiness and I've tought my children to do the same! We do need more people like me! In sharing my story I hope it inspires others to do the same! But spreading love and acts of kindness started with me, and I passed that on to my children so they can have many stories to tell like this one! Our children learn from what we teach them. I learned from my parents. It doesn't take anything to be a kind and loving person. And it is so rewarding! Even on my bad days, I still put a smile on my face when I see someone else having a bad day. If I am able to make someone's bad day better, it makes my bad day better! Whether its something I said or did. Not long ago there was this young dad checking out at the grocery store. He had some children's Tylenol, Kleenex, milk, cereal and some juice. His total came to a little over $24. All he had was $20. He was going to put the juice back. (Apple juice) But his poor baby, (maybe 2 years old) was so sick and coughing. I said dont put it back. I will pay for it. And I did. That poor baby needed that juice to help him feel better. And it made me feel better that I was able to help!"

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

What a beautiful and touching story Blue.. I still have tears in my eyes after reading it.

Reminds me of a special ed student I worked with as a teacher’s aide . She was picked on a lot , but was always so quick to forgive and forget. She was such a sweetheart and a privilege to work with. She taught me a lot about being humble and forgiving. God bless these beautiful souls , who often put up with so much grief.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Pics please!

It's been too windy for the butterflies today, but there were plenty of bees again!

Gx

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Of course I'm paying...with Gordi's credit card. I always do.

How are you Sweetie?

OI!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The story brought tears to my eyes too. Thank you for sharing your story as well. I wish that more people would understand how important love and friendship can be.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Great pictures Gordi. It's so nice to see bees busy at work. If only we could keep the world from killing them off.

Decline in Bee Population

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Indeed.
It's heartbreaking.
G

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

My uncle used to keep bees. He had a small part of a field on the farm his Dad managed and kept his hives there. When I was young that was my summer holiday, staying with Uncle and Aunt and their kids with my Mum for a few weeks. It was a real eye-opener for a young city boy. Fascinating creatures bees, and very community based. They all work together. Well, except the Queen, she gets waited on hand and foot. Sitting round the bonfire toasting your own bread on a special long fork thingy and then Uncles' honey with lots of real butter. He used to sell his excess honey to friends and people in the village, it was popular but also a small-scale production. He took me to see how it all works (honey extraction, calming the colony with smoke, etc) and it was something I never forgot. We need pollinators.

edit on 21/7/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Recorded temps. don't go back far enough to decide if we are experiencing any type of global warming as such.

El nino and El nina (sp?) seem to come and go in cycles, as such we may just be experiencing this part of a weather cycle.

I do however beleive that we as Humans are not helping things at all.
We are a blight upon this planet and nature usually restores balance with plagues, famine, droughts and floods etc.

Nature is an extreme force that I hope does treat us kindly.

Do we deserve mercy ?

edit on 21-7-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

A beautiful story of compassion, kindness and love. It takes so little to make such a huge difference in someone's life. Many do and don't even realize it.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wow, how very beautiful Gordi! We have bee keepers around here who are trying to keep bee communities alive and thriving. There is a Honey shop around here and they make their own honey from their own bees. They carry many other products as well and sell things from local artisans without taking any profits from them. Great shop for the community!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Do you have pics of the horses Dave???

Yes it is indeed the humidity that saps you. A lot of people literally lose their lives when temps reach too high and the humidity is stifling.

I do however beleive that we as Humans are not helping things at all.
We are a blight upon this planet and nature usually restores balance with plagues, famine, droughts and floods etc.

Nature is an extreme force that I hope does treat us kindly.

Do we deserve mercy ?

Some do. I have been inspired after reading where people from different areas of the world are planting trees and turning them into forests. The plastics in the ocean and on the shores are having massive clean up efforts. It's a start at least.

edit on 21-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, I don't know, but I have noticed around here that for years the weather has been changing. It stays warmer much later into the seasons.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I do but uploading pics on my phone is a drama.

Check your pm box.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oh, I just edited my reply to you above and then saw that you were here. Checking my PM now.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Gah, there is nothing there!

If anyone has sent me any PM's where I didn't answer, it's because I didn't receive it. There are also PM's I have sent out and not sure if the recipient received my reply. It's bad enough the envelope doesn't turn white, now this. And I have even noticed a couple of times, it looked like I already read a PM, but I hadn't, it wasn't white to show me I had a new message.

edit on 21-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Check again ...

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

OH there it is! Going to read it now!

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join