It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Nyiah

Is that what people mean when they tell you " you look hot !" ?

😡

yes.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

PS - Still on my own! and no hangover.

You are clearly over compensating with the brave front and all.

I've been a good(ish) boy for a change.

Ha Ha very funny, you can't fool us old rats.

I agree with Timely, the groupies vacated the scene.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Night Star
Excessive heat warning. Heat index 106. I'm gonna die!

Oh dear, that's been MI's the past few days (100 to 110) so I can commiserate -- it's god awful!

I'm gonna die or kill someone or something. LOL Trying desperately to have a sense of humor here. I'm sure I'll be myself again...someday. AHHHHHHHHHHH! I keep telling myself soon, soon it will be up and running. Been saying that to myself all damned day.
Keep humans and any living thing away from me right now, even dragons. Safer for them that way.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh NO. It isn't running yet.
Humidity sucks. You can't evaporate your body heat properly. I like to take cold showers and a very cold foot bath. Your blood cools down through your feet and cools your whole body.
I like when you use that avatar it makes you look dangerous and cheeky.

It is very humid/hot here too. My tiny AC cools two rooms, kind of. Mind you these are "shoe box" rooms, my house is a Hobbit hole. So I take the dogs swimming after work.
It is truly a blessing to dip into the lake, the water is pristine, I float around inhaling and exhaling letting all my stress wash off.
There are ducks and grebes and coots, dragon flies and birds, but no humans, thank God. I am becoming severely allergic to them.
Today I was attacked be leeches because I stood still to long. My bad.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hope it gets going soon! Meanwhile, think cool thoughts!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

That reminded me of my cat that happily sat in a freezer drawer to cool off last stinking summer.

Anytime we opened the freezer door ... he wanted to get in.

Animals aren't silly.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Leeches? OMG!

I couldn't take a cooling bath because I didn't know if Mark or his Brother would need me for anything, especially since his Brother almost passed out earlier.

It is now working! OMG it is like heaven! It's difficult enough when it is that hot, but two meds make me flush/hot and makes it worse. I can have the patience of an Angel, but when I am over heated like that...there is no such thing!

Love your bantering with Gordi by the way! LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Bahaha! Love it!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Wow lol yeah, I get the same ideas sometimes lol

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

LOL! Funny! My cat can be so smart and so stupid too. In this heat, I had a few fans in different rooms. He chose a room with a fan, but didn't lie in front of it. He must figure it isn't blowing cool air anyway. Ha!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Wow lol yeah, I get the same ideas sometimes lol

Honey, you know you wouldn't fit, but you would get in there if you could. LOL

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

LOL Well, you know, fantasies can't hurt lol
edit on 2-7-2018 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
For those who might need this right now...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
*waves*

Hai ebb'rybody!!

Swinging by here to see what devious mischief you guys and gals are up to. Been a few days since I have popped in and I'm going to try and pop in more and more often than I have been. Haven't really been all that busy but it's just been too damned hot to get out and do anything since last week.

Speaking of last week... we had a nice "little" train derailment about twenty miles from my house down at Saint Albans, West Virginia on Wednesday. Eighteen cars of a 110 car coal train decided right then and there that they weren't going to Newport News, Virginia.

Friend of mine sent me this after Donahue Brothers Inc., RJ Corman, Cranemasters, and CSX came in and got the mainline back open in less than 36 hours. Just to show how much force this thing had behind it when it jumped the tracks. That is a large piece of 136 pound rail impaled into the end of the car.

While I was out railfanning last Sunday, I was doing a live stream on a Facebook railfan group that I am on. I kept hearing something coming over the radio feed I had on while doing the live stream. At first I thought it was just a standard CSX unit coming east on a manifest. Well, let's just say that I got a really nice surprise a few minutes later when the eastbound manifest showed up with Kansas City Southern on the point.

With that being said...
You guys get to have the first looks at my next three videos!

Shot the first two on the same date.. June 15th.

Heading for its next stop at either Quinninmont or Avis Yard at Hinton, West Virginia. An eastbound road switcher, H750 in this case, thunders east with a pair of four axle ElectroMotive products and a short train in tow.

Next train was one that I had got a heads up on the previous day when it was just coming out of North Carolina. Westbound empty sulfur can train K897 hauls some ass west through Marmet, West Virginia with a pair of SD40-3 locomotives up front.

This next one was kinda cool to see since these two locomotives are almost never seen down here. Was out shooting video about a week before the coal train piled up at Saint Albans. So, as I was doing a live stream on Virtual Railfan again this day. The cross tie train that has been up here for the past couple of weeks shows up to start dropping cross ties for the tie replacement project that's going to take place here soon. As I am live streaming and recording nearly forty, yes I said FORTY, minutes straight with the video camera and live streaming for about an hour or so. I had overheard the crew saying that they would have to turn the power on the wye at Cabin Creek so they could go back west.

After finishing up recording them dropping the ties and signing off of the live stream. I moved across the tracks to wait on them to come back west. Sure enough, a half hour later, here comes our little tie train coming back west with a pair of ElectroMotive GP15s still in command. Very rarely does one of these units get out of captive yard duty in Illinois yet alone having two leading the same train.

Plus, I've had these songs stuck in my head the last few days.....

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
One for the melting peeps ...

youtu.be...

Cool !

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
YAY, nightstar is cool again... WIS is cheeky again... gimme is "training" again... Timely's stuffing poor cats in the freezer (again!!)... hopper is trying to squeeze in there with them...

hmmm, I do like a "normal" day in the shed!

(This is the T-Shirt that I seem to wear the most these days... I have TWO of them, exactly the same... is that weird?? LOL)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yeah right !

The second one smells of brut 33 ...

Not calling Scots tight or anything ...

- j/k mate.

Ed: Many pairs of matching jocks too, I'll bet ...

😜

edit on 3-7-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Is that some kind of cheap whisky?
And while we're at it, do you mean jockstrap? They look funny. Then again, you wear thongs on your feet.

I'll see myself out...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah right !
Not calling Scots tight or anything ...

- j/k mate.
Ed: Many pairs of matching jocks too, I'll bet ...
😜

brut33?
Oh, I think my grandad told me about that stuff... "splash it all over the place..." or similar?
Does it make your hands shake or something?

(I've actually got two of the same T-Shirt because they were doing a "buy 2 get 3rd free" kind of deal and I couldn't see a 3rd design that I liked as much as that one!! So I got two of them and a 3rd blue "can of sardines" one...)

jocks? pairs of jocks? Did you mean socks? or underwear of some kind?
Socks? Yes! I have many matching pairs. I find them ideal for covering my two feet!
Underwear?... well, you know what a True Scot wears under his Kilt!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I see my Gentlemen are humorous and making me smile yet again.

Chooch, good to see you, been a while!

Slept like a baby. I didn't know that air conditioners came with remote controls now. I guess ours was really old.
This thing is amazing! I don't need a fan to push the cool air from the parlor into the kitchen anymore! It even brought the temps down in the other rooms. I was like...WOW!
Color me impressed!

new topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join