It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Because I need a good toe-curling stretch-out nap and suit of furry pajamas pretty bad

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
calling all my friends who are enjoying cool or cold weather....SEND ME SOME...NOW! Uh...please?

Hello to whoever is around! I'm bored as hell. Guess I'll go search youtube for something to watch. Maybe I'll take a dip in the koi pond behind the shed. Wait...there's an ocean nearby here in Accasia. Yes, that's where I'll be.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Excessive heat warning. Heat index 106. I'm gonna die!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
calling all my friends who are enjoying cool or cold weather....SEND ME SOME...NOW! Uh...please?

And can I toss in a side order of "Send Nyiah some, too"?

We did have some storms roll through this evening, but they ripped through really fast. It didn't rain all that much since it was moving through so quickly, but it was really windy for a bit, and did help cool things down (knocked the upstairs bedroom temp down from 100 to 90) It knocked the temps outside down 10 degrees or so, too, but it's still so humid. All I can do is enjoy it while it lasts tonight, and hope the 85* forecast for tomorrow holds up. It's the only breather we get before another 3 days of yuck before it finally cools off.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Oh dear, that's been MI's the past few days (100 to 110) so I can commiserate -- it's god awful!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Oh dear, that's been MI's the past few days (100 to 110) so I can commiserate -- it's god awful!

We'll have to take a dragon ride to somewhere cooler! Of all times for my air conditioner to break. Bad enough we are getting extreme heat warnings, but two of my pills cause flushing and makes me hot. Plus...I hate the heat and humidity with a passion. Someone better lock up our weapons in here. I might go into a rage. LOL! It's like friggin torture! Gah!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
That was oddly entertaining. Are you OK Blue?
I don't care for donuts, and I don't know why it isn't spelled doughnuts! Humprf.

If I remember correctly, Duncan Donuts is the culprit behind the butchering of the spelling of doughnuts. They will always be doughnuts to me as that is their God-given name.

How am I doing? I will let you and the rest of the Shed decide for me.
Most nights each week I sleep 0-1 hour at best. This usually catches up with me by the end of the week and I have one blessed night of sleeping 10-12 hours. Actually, I shouldn't refer to the night as the time I sleep anymore. I sleep when my body permits me to do day or night. I forced myself to attempt a nap late this afternoon as my pulse rate was higher than usual for me, possible experiencing another AFib occurrence.

Perhaps my sleep issue is due to my upcoming Social Security hearing at the end of August. As each day marks one more day closer to that event I wonder more and more if the odds are against me as they were for the past two hearings. Yes, I worry too much but I've little else to do for now.

As my ankle keeps giving out on me and causing unneeded pain I spend most of my time sitting rather uncomfortably at this computer dreading what pain may happen every time I stand up. I will be seeing a doctor about this finally on Tuesday morning. As I most likely have some torn ligaments I'm curious as to what the doctor's plan of treatment will be.

In other news, I now have a comma-shaped burn mark about 3 inches long on my left wrist after spilling hot coffee on myself.

Other than that I'm avoiding as much reality as I can by finding things to watch online.

edit on 7 2 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: editing prevents insanity from occuring

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I think a hug is in order here. HUG!

I have insomnia and melatonin and medicinal weed helps me sleep.

You really need your sleep Blue and I hope you get it soon.

I was just headed to youtube. Getting sleepy, but not sleepy enough yet.

I wish you luck with your upcoming hearing in August.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...I was counting on a little friendly banter, Chrissy and the boys must have come home or he is nursing a hang over.
A hang over has never stopped him though, he just gets all wimpy and contrary

No I don't, stop teasing me or I'll cry....

G

PS - Still on my own! and no hangover.
I've been a good(ish) boy for a change.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

So,

You got the groupies to leave ... ?

😛

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

So,
You got the groupies to leave ... ?

😛

LOL - There is no answer possible to that which would show me in a good light other than outrage!
So, HOW DARE YOU SIR!!! ROFL

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Great answer ....

You Rock God , woodlands carver you !

Thou shalt, henceforth be known as ... Pan.

( Pan, the Man ... with a Van ! )

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
For Night and everyone else who has lost someone who is a mom to somebody...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Timely and Gordi, thanks for the laughs! I needed them after being in the sweltering heat for two days. Mark is out with his friend looking for a new air conditioner. His Brother is over helping me clean up the windows and that area.

Blue, how sweet of you! That is a wonderful singer! Wonderful song! Thank you!

Trying to uncrabby myself here. Heat and humidity and I do not play well together.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Glad that you enjoyed the song. So sorry that you are without AC when it is needed the most.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Today's forecast did indeed pan out, it's a sticky, but comfortably 85* right now (oh thank GOD)
Tonight's supposed to get back down into the 60's, so I'm practically giddy, lol. And a little tick downward in Thursday's forecast temp from 90* to 88* has me hopeful that it will continue to drop a bit over the next couple days, the sooner we get out of the Blasts of Gross we keep getting, the better

originally posted by: Nyiah

We'll have to take a dragon ride to somewhere cooler! Of all times for my air conditioner to break. Bad enough we are getting extreme heat warnings, but two of my pills cause flushing and makes me hot. Plus...I hate the heat and humidity with a passion. Someone better lock up our weapons in here. I might go into a rage. LOL! It's like friggin torture! Gah!!!!!

I think this about sums us both up when we get too hot --

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of beer when I saw your meme. It was 25 C here today. More than enough of a good thing. I wore a ponytail for the first time in 15 years I reckon. I'm almost there as far as length is concerned. But not quite. Another few months and I'll be there.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Is that what people mean when they tell you " you look hot !" ?

😡

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: Night Star

Glad that you enjoyed the song. So sorry that you are without AC when it is needed the most.

TWO DAYS! Mark got a new air conditioner earlier today and it is taking hours for him and his Brother to get the friggin thing set up. I am in Warrior mode and am in a rage and trying to suffer quietly, but every time I move around in the house away from my fan at my kitchen table, I start getting drenched all over again. I have been swearing like a trooper. To me, it is like torture being in this!!!! My God, I am serious when I say I cannot tolerate the heat!

A friend took Mark to get the air conditioner and his Brother helped when they came home and almost passed out on the steps. I took care of him and he has been fine since, but that is how horribly hot and humid it is! I keep bringing them ice water and getting little things they need to get that AC up and running.
edit on 2-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

YES!!!!!!!!! That pic is me right now! Perfect!

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join