It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Hello to about the last vestige of light left here.

Here, you will always find light, so never fear.

This planet is pretty but Im just a tourist its not home...and boy will the travel agent get a mouthful when the trip is finished.

It is your home for the time being, so try to make the best of it. When you can't, there is still this sacred place where you can be yourself and find comfort. With all the chaos and turmoil of the world, there is still great beauty and wonder and magic.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

What???? I want some of that. I don't want to look younger, I like me now, but I want to be as strong as I was ten years ago, OK, fifteen.
Cough up, I want some. I will trade with a week long, gourmet banquet for the whole Shed. Deal?

Hahaha! I'd like to be stronger too on many levels. Well, the hair color makes me feel perkier, so there's that.

ETA: Had to quote this...

Breathing deeply. There is not a big fat worm dangling infront of me.

You know Gordi is going to have a field day with that reply right? Bahaha!
edit on 30-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Sweet dreams my Friend, of dragons soaring in the night sky, of adventures yet to unfold.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Honest to god, I still have nightmares (real nightmares) about that pool. I never went in it after it went nasty on us, but in the dreams, I'm back at that house trying to clean it or cover it, etc, and end up falling in and racing to get to the stairs before the "pool creature" grabs me. It's stupid and silly when I recall it awake, but hot damn, it's scary as hell in the dreams.

Ahahaha! Pool monster! RUN!!!!!

About people not having manners in shops...I always get the folks that block the whole isle. Sometimes a Mom, Dad and a few kids. You'd think one of the adults would pull the cart out of the way to let others pass and if it's their kids pushing the cart and in the way, tell them kindly to stay out of other people's way. Then you get the shoppers who meet up with an a old friend and start catching up with each other while hogging the isle. I swear, we need horns on our shopping cart! LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just sending some words to think about this evening:

"Everyone has an angel, a guardian who watches over us.

We can't know what form they'll take: One day old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you. They can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart, reminding us it is us, it's everyone of us who holds the power over the worlds we create. We can deny our angels exist, convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway, at strange places, and at strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to, daring us, challenging us to fight...

...And who holds the key that can set us free... It's You. You have all the weapons you need. Now Fight!"
-Sweat Pea - Sucker Punch

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That was a beautiful post Blue!
edit on 30-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dedicated to those Sheddites going through an exceptionally difficult time... lurkers included 😏

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Another tribute to JJ Cale, an amazing songwriter.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hi Sheye! I'm listening to music too.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night... enjoy your tunes 😄

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Stop posting that photo. It makes me crazy with jealousy

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Another Plot Generator story not to be taken too seriously

Courageous NarcolepticBuddha
A Short Story

NarcolepticBuddha looked at the peculiar hawk in his hands and felt surprised. He walked over to the window and reflected on his peaceful surroundings. He had always loved warming the Shed with its repulsive, roasted rivers. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel surprised. Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of WalkInSilence.

WalkInSilence was a daring saint with feathery eyes and beautiful warts. NarcolepticBuddha gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a courageous, noble, peyote tea drinker with handsome eyes and slimy warts. His friends saw him as a hollow, hot hero.

Once, he had even saved a slimy Mike Stivic that was stuck in a drain. But not even a courageous person who had once saved a slimy Mike Stivic that was stuck in a drain, was prepared for what WalkInSilence had in store today.

The moon shone like shouting mice, making NarcolepticBuddha afraid. As NarcolepticBuddha stepped outside and WalkInSilence came closer, he could see the curved glint in her eye. WalkInSilence gazed with the affection of 2841 patient knowing koalas. She said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want all the you can eat doughnut supply."

NarcolepticBuddha looked back, even more afraid and still holding the peculiar hawk. "WalkInSilence, if only I had magic hair dye," he replied. They looked at each other with healthy feelings, like two open, obedient owls boating on a very delightful 4th of July, which had flute music playing in the background and two lovable uncles gyrating to the beat.

NarcolepticBuddha regarded WalkInSilence's feathery eyes and beautiful warts. "I feel the same way!" revealed NarcolepticBuddha with a delighted grin. WalkInSilence looked unstable, his emotions blushing like a massive map. Then WalkInSilence came inside for a nice drink of peyote tea.

THE END

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for sharing the JJ songs with us. He was quite a grandfather like man to my wife when she new him.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sheye, I did indeed enjoy my music last night!

NB, I love that kitty too!

Blue, those stories are hilarious!

Hello everyone!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hot as hell and humid as hell and our air conditioner is broke!!!!!!! I have a fan and am sweating.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well, the hair color makes me feel perkier, so there's that.

Go Perky Girl. You should try to put a strain of one of those weird colors in. Green, yes emerald green.

ETA: Had to quote this...
( "Breathing deeply. There is not a big fat worm dangling infront of me".
)
You know Gordi is going to have a field day with that reply right? Bahaha!

I was counting on a little friendly banter, Chrissy and the boys must have come home or he is nursing a hang over.

A hang over has never stopped him though, he just gets all wimpy and contrary

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Stop posting that photo. It makes me crazy with jealousy

Hey Buddha, I am confused. You are a cat? And you have a crush on the cat in the picture?
Or is it the cozy covers? I am so confused. Am I missing the point?

How are you? A little better?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
That was oddly entertaining. Are you OK Blue?
I don't care for donuts, and I don't know why it isn't spelled doughnuts! Humprf.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi Wis! My brain is melting along with the rest of me so I'm not chatty tonight. Even with a fan it is hell! I pray we get another air conditioner tomorrow. Hopefully his friend will help him and hopefully there is an air conditioner to even be found!

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join