It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I got all behind in here, but it's so good to see everyone!

Gail!!!! Keep showing up Darlin'! I bet it was getting crowded in those bushes. Were you guys fighting for the donuts?

I have seen recent appearances of our lovely Chirp and Kat and that too makes me smile.

It's that time of year where it gets too hot and humid and I just want to stay indoors with the AC. Well, I don't really want to be indoors, but...TOO HOT! No ocean close enough to jump into, so...yeah.

Jacy misses everyone. Send her your prayers, love and light.

And to everyone, I wish you a lovely long weekend. In The USA we have the 4th of July and In Canada they are celebrating their own Holiday.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugWhisperer

And hugs to all my beautiful Shedland family!!

Hugs back at ya sweetie.

We are packing up a storm here.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is everyone out celebrating without me? I'm finally coloring my hair. I procrastinated long enough. I'll be younger in just a little while. Ah, the magic of hair dye.

So...what's up? Anyone home? Hello out there!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Not a dangerous one I hope.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello to about the last vestige of light left here.Everyone has gone anti-male and anti-spiritual its getting scary here.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hey Girl a ride just for you so you can go where ever your heart desires.

Is this a repeat?
Any who. Ya it is pretty HOT here two, heat index 110 at 6pm, the humidity is nasty. It is funny how a place that gets so cold can also get so darn hot.
Hugs

edit on 30-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm finally coloring my hair...…. I'll be younger in just a little while. Ah, the magic of hair dye.

What???? I want some of that. I don't want to look younger, I like me now, but I want to be as strong as I was ten years ago, OK, fifteen.
Cough up, I want some. I will trade with a week long, gourmet banquet for the whole Shed. Deal?

So...what's up? Anyone home? Hello out there!

I am right here how could you miss it??

You are probably "surfing".
The storm doesn't seem to bad, but I have a hell of time relaxing. I need a de-stress method.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

...So...what's up? Anyone home? Hello out there!

Nope. No one here...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Well, hello there khnum.
Welcome home.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Hello to about the last vestige of light left here.Everyone has gone anti-male and anti-spiritual its getting scary here.

Hello Person. Thank you for thinking we are a safe place. That is what we excel in.
But I don't think things are as bad as you depict them, if one ignores common opinion, the media and people in general

Have a seat and relax, breath. tell a story, your story.
WISter

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

This planet is pretty but Im just a tourist its not home...and boy will the travel agent get a mouthful when the trip is finished

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Nope. No one here...

Just a reminder, you can't fool the WIS.

So Chrissy and the boys are on "leave" again?

Cheers
edit on 30-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: pooh

edit on 30-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I like optimists but let me put my take on things this way mans knowledge is now doubling every 13 months ,whilst mine isn't -therefore Im becoming progressively ignorant at an exponential rate,but at least I admit it -I see all these smart people now that really like me dont know anything but think they do,what Im not seeing too often are wise ones or old souls...sorry but we are approaching idiocracy.
edit on 30-6-2018 by khnum because: spelling

edit on 30-6-2018 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

So Chrissy and the boys are on "leave" again?

Cheers

HOW do you do THAT???
ROFL!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

One mans idiot is another mans genius.
Perspective is a powerful thing, make it an ally - not an enemy.

There are still wise ones in the "noise" if you look hard enough.

But, yes. I fear idiocracy is close to the truth.

I blame WIS.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

HOW do you do THAT???
ROFL!!!

There are two plausible answers to that, but I will go with the least revealing.
Men are Sooooo predictable.

Well to be honest most humans are.
edit on 30-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

'Great wits are sure to madness near allied,and thin partitions do their bounds divide' John Dryden

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I KNEW you were going to say that! LOL

Well, I hate to say it.... but I'll have to love you and leave you... I am old, tired and need my bed!
This Rock'n'Roll lifestyle is catching up on me, I think I'll have to go full-time on the hammock testing from now on.

Goodnight Shedlandia!

(I'll leave the bottle for WIS....)

Gx

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I blame WIS.

I am not taking the bate, I am not taking the bate, I will be kind and generous and over bearing
as one should be towards a way ward little boy. That wasn't so hard. I can be nice and refrain from returning fire with fire. I can be forgiving towards the less fortunate, those "Who No Not,what kind of trouble they are getting them selves into "

Breathing deeply. There is not a big fat worm dangling infront of me.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah
There's a huge swath of the country under heat warnings and heat advisories. The NWS main page has a nice colorful map.
Where we are at it's supposed to be 96 today with a heat index of 107, but there will be 15 mph winds to keep things cooler. Luckily we have AC, and one of those small above-ground pools for the Shepherditos to go into. #1 said he was going to spend the whole day in the pool today.

Indeed, PrairieShepherd, a huge portion of the country morphed into the 7th Circle of Hell for the next few days to a week. And I'm well aware of the irony of Florida being one of the cool spots of the country right now, too. I'd laugh at that, but I'm honestly a little miffed about it.

We too have been making use of a pool. We had a bigger above ground one (3 footer) last year that I would have much preferred putting back up, but we got popped by code enforcement for it not meeting code last summer. Where I live, pools 24 inches and deeper need to be fenced in -- our yard isn't fenced and we rent, so we're not sinking that kind of money into that. We simply opted for a 22 inch deep kiddie pool instead. It's much smaller and shallower, but it does the trick just fine

a reply to: Nyiah

Just about every house around here has an air conditioner. I would die without mine! When I was a kid, I practically lived in our pool. My Parents used to say I must be part mermaid. LOL

Haha, me too! My dad used to joke that my name was really Ariel XD

I didn't have a pool growing up until after my parents divorced and my mom bought one when I was...10 or 11. It was nice while it lasted, but she decided a pump was unnecessary from the get-go and the pool eventually turned into another FL swamp body. Something took up residence in it, I'm not sure what. That water definitely had animal movement waves, but it was so murky-nasty that nobody ever dared to try to fish around in there to find out what it was.

Honest to god, I still have nightmares (real nightmares) about that pool. I never went in it after it went nasty on us, but in the dreams, I'm back at that house trying to clean it or cover it, etc, and end up falling in and racing to get to the stairs before the "pool creature" grabs me. It's stupid and silly when I recall it awake, but hot damn, it's scary as hell in the dreams.

But anyway, we spent a lot of time at the beaches, my dad liked to fish while we swam. Sometimes he'd ferry me & my brother out to the sandbar to "dig for treasure", we used to think sand dollars were exactly that (thanks dad, lol)

We used to have to drive 10 minutes to get to that beach, or sometimes walked 15 to the one hidden beach in the neighborhood. That little hidden beach was wonderful, but the county eventually made it into a park, and in the process, ruined the dense vegetation's ambiance, they cleared out far too much of it.
And in doing that & advertising it, it drew in more people with boats, too, which kicked up the waves much more, and ate away at the shoreline. A 30 foot wide shoreline was eroded down to maybe 3 feet by the time I'd gotten around to going back for a visit as an adult. It was really depressing and it made me mad. I understand the idea of making the neighborhood beach more known and accessible, but it basically backfired on them. I can't say the planning was poor, but they got way more continuous use than they expected, and from boats, no less.

Long very hot and humid day! The kind of hot and humid where It's like torture for me and I could kill anyone who so much as looks at me sideways. Kidding, but...too HOT!

I completely understand wanting to deck people in this kind of heat! I damn near did that at Costco. All we needed was a few household odds & ends, but it was understandably packed there.

It seems when it gets really hot out, people forget their manners, or just turn into complete idiots. I was cut off abruptly more times than I could count, and was actually slammed into twice. Neither person bothered with an apology, just looked at me all annoyed. Ladies, you hit me, if you're looking for an apology, you ain't getting it. At that point, my hubs was, "Ooookaaay, I think we're done, time to go before you knock someone out."

Today's high temp forecast was on the nose. It got up to 96* according to the deck thermometer, and the humidity is simply horrific. I'm going to have to give the basement a full preemptive de-mildewing & de-molding "bath" when the humidity lets up, it's just awful down there. There's so much humidity in the air that the walls have drip runs here & there and the floor is developing condensation puddles faster than I can keep up with (I only have so many towels, lol)

Note to self: Ah, so this is why they suggested we invest in a good dehumidifier when we moved in. Putting that on the "To Get" list.

I did get the hammock set up down there, it's an alternative place for my husband to sleep as comfortably as possible. His other option is our younger daughter's bedroom downstairs, which is where he is right now, getting a nap in. There was just no way anyone was sleeping upstairs without running the risk of heat exhaustion, it got up to 110* in the bedroom. It's still hot, it's down to 96*. A few more hours and it might cool down enough to try to sleep, but he couldn't wait that long.
edit on 6/30/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join