It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I missed you and your writing so very much Young Warrior! It made me smile to see you here tonight! Send a PM to Errollorre in case he misses your post. And remember...the envelope isn't showing if we have mail, we have to check every day.

Famous Shed Hug for you! Hugs!

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It is officially the 29th, so...Birthday party for LoneCloudHopper2 here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: The link isn't working for me and other buggy things have been happening on the site today for me. WTH?
edit on 28-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

Your children are kind to help wash the car and at least try to wax it.

Getting them to wash it is an easy thing -- it's their carte blanche to play with the water hose & get soaked
Waxing is a different story, they've never finished a wax. They get distracted and wander off to do something else. Though waxing their bikes is a nice maintenance habit to get in to!

Gawd, I hate heat and humidity!

I feel you on that! Yesterday wasn't too bad, mid-80's and not too humid, but getting there. Today's supposed to be 90-ish, and very humid. I'll have to remind myself later that it's going to be one of the "cool" days for the next week, tomorrow is supposed to be a sizzling 95* with a Heat Index between 105* & 110*.

There's an "Excessive Heat Warning" today, tomorrow & Sunday. That's a new weather phrase for me for the temp & HI criteria, Florida just calls mid-90's+ & Heat Indexes above 100* a "Heat Advisory", it didn't occur to me anywhere else had different terminology for it.
For what it's worth for the folks who generally never see temps like this, I think, if memory serves, an Excessive Heat Warning goes out in FL when the Heat Index exceeds 112* (I've seen it go higher & hit WTF Level hot down there many times before, see pic below)

That was a little ways south of Tampa, maybe 7 or 8 years ago in July. Not out of the ordinary, either. I've seen the Heat Index push 120* more times than I can count in FL, it gets ridiculous in July.
Regardless, I'm still not looking forward to this little heatwave. I couldn't tolerate this kind of hot in FL, and damn sure still can't here (kind of spoiled now from much milder summer temps)
I completely understand how it's much more dangerous in the north, where central & even window A/C isn't common, we don't have either. Only ONE person on our block has A/C, and as far as any neighbors know, there's just 5 in the entire neighborhood with it (one central, 4 windows)

Glad I have my lavender or rose scented powders ready. LOL

That's actually a good idea. I don't have powders to use, but I do have a stash of Yankee Candle tealights, I could light one for an ambiance boost while we hide out in the basement, lol.
Speaking of an ambiance boost, I'm pretty tempted to dismantle the hammock stand and reassemble it down there, that might be worth the effort of getting rusted bolts unstuck.

Nice here today except for the rain and thunder earlier.

Quick! Go outside and blow the next batch my way! XD

Stay hydrated and cool!

That's the goal! At the risk of venturing in to "too much information" territory, I tend to get the trots pretty bad the hotter I get (very counterproductive when trying to stay hydrated) so I try to stick with sport hydration stuff like Gatorade or Powerade, they seem to work well for me. The kids do fairly well at keeping their water intake upped, younger kiddo especially. One dehydration headache, and now she's the water & Gatorade police on hot days
edit on 6/29/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good morning and Happy Friday, Shed!

I get to work from home today (Mrs. Shepherd is out of town with some other ladies) so I am sitting here in my sun room watching goldfinches flit around the back yard.

Let's have some donuts!

There's a huge swath of the country under heat warnings and heat advisories. The NWS main page has a nice colorful map.
Where we are at it's supposed to be 96 today with a heat index of 107, but there will be 15 mph winds to keep things cooler. Luckily we have AC, and one of those small above-ground pools for the Shepherditos to go into. #1 said he was going to spend the whole day in the pool today.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
By the way, for anyone following my attempt at a novel, Falling, or for that matter, anyone who would like to start following it, I have posted several episodes lately. Here are links to all the episodes posted this month:
151 - A Special Request
152 - An Evil, Palpable and Malevolent
153 - An Angry God
154 - Risen
155 - The Horns Sound
156 - One Woman's Promise
157 - A Hidden Wish
158 - A Walk in the Garden
159 - Dark Visitor
160 - Something Precious and Intimate

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
What I have been watching the past few days. Finally, a tv series worth my time.

Is that HUMANS Series one? as Troll would say... IT IS GOOD!
We're on Series 3 now in the UK, and it's still pretty good.
Well worth a watch.

G

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Just about every house around here has an air conditioner. I would die without mine! When I was a kid, I practically lived in our pool. My Parents used to say I must be part mermaid. LOL

I love candles too! Scented ones of course. I love scented things like candles, wax melts, incense, an all natural air freshener, powders, creams...Right now the house smells like oranges.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hiya Shep! Donuts coming up! Oh, I should throw some out to the lurkers. I've been slacking lately. Happy Friday to you too!

You have a sunroom? How lovely! I love watching birds! There was a day when I was sitting out and a cardinal landed nearby. Beautiful red birdie! #1 Shepherdito sounds like me as a kid by staying in the pool all day. Lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello Gordi and everyone!
Leaving in a while to do my usual Friday running around. No Gordi, not that kind of running around!

High 80's from what I can see and sunny today. That's too close to 90 for my taste, but I hope there is a breeze to make it pleasant.

Wishing everyone a lovely day!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star! Well, we have a room with windows on 3 sides. We call it the "sun room" but we have so many trees in our yard that that there isn't much sun in the room except early in the morning or sometimes shortly before sundown. More in the winter when there aren't leaves on the trees, of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hiya back!

Well, for a change... it actually HAS BEEN a Sunny Scotland here for the last few weeks!
It seems to have settled into high 70's - mid 80's now, but for us... and for such an extended period... it is amazing!
(We're just NOT used to it at all)

Downside is there have been a few fires, mostly on moorland where the Peat can dry out after extended dry spells.
These fires are nasty because they smoulder away deep under the ground for days and weeks.

I remember saying about two months ago that the ground here was completely sodden after months of wet weather, but it's all bone dry now.

Luckily, I was quiet (with work) today, so I sorted out my music gear for a gig tonight, had lunch then spent the afternoon lying in my hammock out in the woods (again!).
It's stunning when the sunlight is streaming through the trees and it's MUCH cooler than the baking heat out in the garden!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
... I'm sitting at the computer out in the conservatory (sun lounge) at the back of the house with all the windows and doors open. I just glanced down to my left and there are THREE baby wild rabbits on the grass, about 8 feet away from me!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Scottish killer rabbits. Run away, run away! (Monty Python for those that don't get it, Quest For The Holy Grail)
edit on 29/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Jarv is the man!

/hugs gang!

I hope this Friday afternoon finds you all in good spirit!

I don't have much to say, just wanted to pop in and say hello..

HELLO!

This next clip is sponsored by honest dogs everywhere..;

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

edit on 29/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

Bugger...my mouse is broked extremely. I forgot what I typed after deleting it. My bad! I'm sure it was something nice though.
edit on 29/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Lol,

The garden is rocking, I've just been busy, when I do get a second to log in I spend it crafting responses to the battle thread in my Sig.

Along with my great aunt, now my aunt, my mother's sister,is moving up here as well. Her husband died last month, so we are trying to coordinate her move .she has her own dog, so three dogs and five people will be interesting.

Things will be hectic but we will work it out.

I'm off to grab some grub before jeopardy, I've been kicking ass this week I'm looking to maintain my streak ...

I'll try to pop back in this weekend , I have a feeling I will have some free time ducking this upcoming heatwave.

Portugal is playing in the world cup tomorrow..I've already carved out that time..it's a long shot but I'd like to see them go all the way..if not I'm rooting for Denmark.. as a former goalkeeper I'd like to see Casper succeed...

Night gang!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Long very hot and humid day! The kind of hot and humid where It's like torture for me and I could kill anyone who so much as looks at me sideways. Kidding, but...too HOT!

Finally sipping my lemon water and cooling off with the AC. Now I'm tired. I had ice cream for supper! LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It's going to be hot and humid here the next 5 days, and I'm a few hundred miles north of you.

Stay inside and keep the a.c. on hun.

The "feels like" Temperature is going to be triple digits Fahrenheit..

If I wasn't lactose intolerant I'd have had ice cream for dinner as well..

Tell Paul to take it easy ..remodeling can wait..seriously..

/hugs hun

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm just back home after my latest gig and it went very well.
I am really tired (it was Soooooo HOT!!!) but won't go to bed for at least an hour as I'm still full of adrenaline from playing/singing so I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.
Might just have a wee dram....

...Sounds like a plan.

PS - I SURVIVED the killer baby bunnies!
(I ran away... ran away... then brought them a shrubbery.)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Did someone mention a shrubbery ?

Ni !

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join