It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Control is here!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

In terms of population the key word is 'rate'.

In this case rate per 100,000 people.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hmm... A Ball Point Pen could be Considered a Deadly Weapon if Used to Stab a Person in the Neck . Will they be Next on the List for the Loony Party ? .....

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Kurokage

Despicable. Even more so is the apologists for these types of laws. I sincerely hope the United States takes a close look at the living conditions within the UK, and refers it to the appropriate International legal body for the crimes it forces its Citizens to endure at the hands of record levels of violent criminals in spite of extremely radical anti-weapon laws.

UK Homicide rate : 1.2
US homicide rate: 4.8

Crimes citizens are forced to endure indeed.

Ill tell you...state by state is pretty interesting, and can create provocative conversation. But the northern states have murder rates in line with the UK. The southern states, especially along the border, skew the curve.

The majority of murders im aware of arent tragedies. They usually make sense (and arise due to an illicit market created by government)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After reading through this whole thing I gotta say...as much as a law prohibiting young people from buying knives and acid seems like a good idea, It's honestly not going to work.

Growing up as a teenager, I didn't know a lot.of shady people and i didn't really grow up in a bad area, yet it would have been no problem for me to get pretty much any drug, booze, illegal explosives, knives, or even a gun and I live in Canada where we have fairly strict laws about weapons.

And say it works and somehow no one gets ahold of a knife or acid that wants to commit a crime. Well personally, that's when I'd hit up a hardware store and a cleaning aisle in a store. Bleach, acetone, or any number of cleaners or solvents and pretty much any available tools would be about as effective as a knife and acid for the kind of muggings they're trying to stop.
edit on 9/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I say let Khan win. Lets see how far Khan can go before dying by alcohol poisoning or some other death just like everyone else in history.

edit on 9-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Illegal weapon? Automatic weapons are perfectly legal for private ownership in the United States

I was being as flippant and sarcastic in my comment as most Americans are to British members here. How many people have you seen walking down the street with a M60 strapped to there chest!! Frightened children make grandiose claims and lots of noise to appear big!!

What is the Citizen to do in the mean time? In the minutes it takes for first responders and eventually SRT guys, what stops the violent thug from killing us? Our own weapons.

Yeah sure, that's why your murder rate is four times higher than it is here and why mass shooters exist because you macho Americans kill criminals on sight!!

Those who follow the law once again won't carry it...........In fact, they may even muse that this law & your anti-gun laws made their violent crime even easier. How this law made them feel secure in knowing that their prey wouldn't have a weapon to fight back.

This is the 21st century not the medieval times, the average person doesn't need or think to carry any sort of weapon and our average crime rate is still a lot lower than America. Your idea of the mastermind criminal out to kill the good guy is straight out of a comic book, and your worry about being prey must keep you awake at night??
edit on 10-4-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join