It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Interesting UFO Sightings Reported On Local News Channels In August Of 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here are two interesting UFO sightings that were reported on local ABC news channels, from both coasts of the United States, in August of 2014. The first UFO sighting was reported on ABC News10, in Sacramento, CA. A lady noticed a bright, hovering, golden object in the sky for several days and decided to take some photographs of it. Her family and friends thought it was a strange looking object. The News10 weather forcaster stated that it was likely a "sun dog." She stated that a sun dog is an optical phenomenon, which typically is a mirror image of the sun with a fuzzy halo around it. The object that was photographed is no sun dog in my opinion.

The sun dog is a member of the family of halos, caused by the refraction of sunlight by ice crystals in the atmosphere. Sun dogs typically appear as a pair of subtly colored patches of light, around 22° to the left and right of the Sun, and at the same altitude above the horizon as the Sun. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but are not always obvious or bright. Sun dogs are best seen and most conspicuous when the Sun is near the horizon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Examples of sun dogs:

These are the pictures that the lady caught on her cell. Where are the halo's? Do these look like mirror images of the sun?

The second UFO sighting was reported on the ABC27 news channel in Harrisburg, PA. A lady noticed a group of mysterious lights hovering above her Lower Paxton Township neighborhood. She decided to film it and called for her husband to take a look. The object didn't move for 20 minutes and started to change colors. She and her husband, who had been looking at the object thru his binoculars, decided to call 911. Several police officers, including a corporal, responded to the scene. One of the officers saw this strange craft through a pair of binoculars. One officer called several local airports and was told they had no aircraft activity at that time. In the below clip, pay close attention at the 1:32 mark. See a group of lights rotating, on the left side of this object? Very weird. I can't explain what this is. Definitely not a helicopter...somebody, including the officers would've heard that. Appears to be too large to be any type of drone. At the end of the news clip, the reporter states that a neighbor told him that they had seen this object the night before.

Some enhanced, close up screen shots:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I like to keep an open mind too. 5% of these sightings cant be explained as swamp gas. pilots know the difference between swamp gas and a craft.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
number 1 is the sun seen trough clouds
number 2 is the higly distorted image of.... something

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What I never understood is why people call the police when they see a UFO?

As for the first one, it didn't look like a sun dog, maybe a paper bag in space. Maybe the box lunch of the aliens

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

As for the first one, it didn't look like a sun dog, maybe a paper bag in space. Maybe the box lunch of the aliens

Yeah the first one looked like a plastic bag wafting up in the sky, I've seen that very thing before.

As for the second? I honestly am not positive..

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Who else, I guess? The local church? Fortunately, if it's a "real" UFO, the Men in Black will show up even if you don't call them.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

In the first clip we have a sundog (they are always more or less level/at the same altitude as the Sun) as you mentioned, but there is also a lens flare (or "ghost" to give it it's proper name) which appears above the Sun in that particular footage. As with all ghosts, it will always move in relation to the position of the bright light source that causes it (in this case the Sun) and where the lens is pointed. Note that it is a ghost image (internal lens reflection) of the Sun which is seen through clouds, hence why it's shape appears to change. The clouds that "frame" the Sun are constantly changing shape, and therefore the ghost image does also.

Also note the black dot in some of the footage, which is due to a common flaw with some image sensors, which means if you point them at a very bright light (eg the Sun) they "overload", resulting in a black dot where the brightest pixels are. Must be quite an old phone as it's been a while since come across this.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

Makes sense...thanks for the explanation!

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Are you sure? Sounds like you had to convince yourself vis-a-vie the multiple posts saying the same thing. Not sure why that happens...it's happened to me...most likely, everyone. And Elon Musk will have us believe malevolent, omnipresent AI is just around the corner yet, we can't even keep from quadruple double-posting.
edit on 10-4-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Not sure why that happens...it's happened to me...most likely, everyone. And Elon Musk will have us believe malevolent, omnipresent AI is just around the corner yet, we can't even keep from quadruple double-posting.

It happens when you hit 'reply' but it just sits there and seems like its not responding

Its actually loading but if you hit reply again then you once it processes it will post the reply twice.

If you hit reply 5 times thinking its not working, eventually 5 duplicate replied will show up.

join