It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said;- If he remain until I come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
John 21:22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?
---

Yes, John would die, definitely. The whole thing started when Christ asks Peter whether he loves him, three times. Then, Jesus told Peter the manner he will die in order to glorify God. After that, Peter pointed to John and asks,"Lord, what about him?

Then, Christ told Peter that if he wants John to remain alive until his 2nd coming, that is none of your concern. It's not your problem. But, Christ did not say John would not die, he is merely saying, "“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

The key words here are "remain alive until".

If we take this straight to the point, it would seem that Christ has a future mission in store for John and that John would remain alive until the 2nd coming of Christ. This is how John would glorify God is his future mission and this will cost him his life. What future mission then?

Revelation 10:11 Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings.”

I believe John was the one who wrote Revelation and his future task is to prophecy again to the whole world in this modern times. I believe He and Elijah will be prophesying to the whole world as the two witnesses of God and after their testimony is finished, the beast will then kill them. This is when John will die together with Elijah and they will lie where the Lord was crucified.

This is how John would glorify God when he dies.

I don't know how God will somehow "shuttle" John to the future, but, just like Elijah, both will just appear somehow. However, it is no longer important how they will arrive, but what message are they going to declare to the whole world.

edit on 19-4-2018 by sonofthunder because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join