It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies is shoddy Trump Tower

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Sprinklers were not required at the time, though Trump could have installed them as a selling feature. But everything Trump is half baked.

Regulations are good. Regulations save lives. Regulations protect citizens from sleazy, unscrupulous developers.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Only as shoddy as the typo in the title of this thread

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Man dies.

Man is shoddy Trump Tower.

Man eats beans.

Beans am gooder.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.yahoo.com...

Sprinklers were not required at the time, though Trump could have installed them as a selling feature. But everything Trump is half baked.

Regulations are good. Regulations save lives. Regulations protect citizens from sleazy, unscrupulous developers.

That's not Trumps fault. Maybe crooked Hillary or Obama, is at fault, that's usually how the blame game goes. It's an established pattern.

+43 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Good Lord. Every article written mentions that the tower is "well built." It was built in 1989 when sprinklers were not required. But consider: This fire was a big one, yet it did not spread. It was confined. And it took the firefighters awhile to get there, so it's not all about how well the fire department did. Consider a similar fire in London not long ago. What happened there? The whole building became an inferno. THAT was "shoddy construction." To call the Trump Tower "shoddy" is a cheap and ignorant shot that has no credibility whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump once fought legislation requiring sprinklers in NYC buildings

Nearly two decades ago, Trump, then one of the Big Apple’s most prominent real estate moguls, lobbied against Mayor Rudy Giuliani-era legislation that considered whether sprinklers should be installed in all residential buildings after two fatal fires in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

Trump called city officials like famed Queens politician Archie Spigner, whose council committee compiled the bill, to argue that sprinklers were too expensive — at $4 per square foot — to install throughout an entire building, the New York Times reported at the time.

The future president backed off on panning the proposal after it was tweaked to grandfather existing buildings — such as Trump Tower — or structures for which building permits had already been filed, such as the Trump World Tower. Construction on the 72-floor building opposite the United Nations began in 1999.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

My thought as well. OP is on a roll today.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think we should blame the Democrats who run New York for this one.

www.ny-engineers.com...

DESIGN | BUILDING CODE | FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM | SPRINKLER SYSTEM INSTALLATION Share:
New York City is home to plenty of buildings that are decades old, and as a result many of them were not equipped with automatic sprinklers when first built. In addition, there was no code requiring such systems retroactively.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Man dies.

Man is shoddy Trump Tower.

Man eats beans.

Beans am gooder.

Beans am gooder, beans is bestest.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Ham and beans...and cornbread...and fried potatoes. Oh, with couple of slices of fresh garden tomato on the side.
Damn. Now I gotta go to the grocery store.

Just had to mention beans didn't ya?

ETA : Grocery Mission Accomplished! Ham & Beans is simmering.
edit on 8-4-2018 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They don't protect people from sleezy,unscrupulous politico's.

Unless you own facebook then you can just silence those with different beliefs.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Actually, this is more than likely Obama's fault. He failed to update the regulations that would have prompted Trump to upgrade his properties up to code.

So, once again... thanks Obama!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

i expected it to come down at free fall speed on its own footprint.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Apparently not.
The fact he was allowed to grandfather this in is equally on the mayor or govenor. Whomever is in charge of writing those laws. Banks need to start insisting on these upgrades before mortgaging these apartments.
New York is full of old buildings that probably don't meet codes. Rent control gives landlords control of what they provide or dont. I think smoke alarms are the only across the board requirements but you know how that goes. Someone burns some bacon grease the alarm starts going off and the next thing you know the batteries are out never to find their way back in.
The cost of adding sprinklers may be out of reach for some rent controlled apartments.
I don't know if trumps place is old enough to have been covered by any rent control laws or if he even has non commercial rentals. I'm thinking he could have recouped the cost in short order. Now someone is dead.

edit on 482018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.yahoo.com...

Anything, absolutely ANYTHING to put this guy in a negative light.

Do you know the average person in America now thinks the mainstream media is just an arm of the DNC?

Reap what you sow... the midterms are going to be actually funny.

My prediction on how big the blue wave of 2018 is going to be...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Apparently not.
The fact he was allowed to grandfather this in is equally on the mayor or govenor. Whomever is in charge of writing those laws. Banks need to start insisting on these upgrades before mortgaging these apartments.
New York is full of old buildings that probably don't meet codes. Rent control gives landlords control of what they provide or dont. I think smoke alarms are the only across the board requirements but you know how that goes. Someone burns some bacon grease the alarm starts going off and the next thing you know the batteries are out never to find their way back in.
The cost of adding sprinklers may be out of reach for some rent controlled apartments.
I don't know if trumps place is old enough to have been covered by any rent control laws or if he even has non commercial rentals. I'm thinking he could have recouped the cost in short order. Now someone is dead.

I know how to fix this... a high rise tower ban!!!!

After all, it has more than 10 stories so it's technically an assault tower.

For the children!

edit on 8-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Right.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I have to disagree.

Between their platform of raising taxes,confiscating guns, and impeaching Trump.

They've got the winning hand.

People deserve the government they elect.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I sold some higher end stone tiles in my store. ( very little lol) but I know he probably paid more than $4.00 per square foot for that black marble at the elevator banks. Installation alone would be better than $15.00 per sq. ft.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Lumenari

I have to disagree.

Between their platform of raising taxes,confiscating guns, and impeaching Trump.

They've got the winning hand.

People deserve the government they elect.

We'll see. The normal people I talk to daily who couldn't give a rat's ass about politics a year ago are pissed at this point.

The Dems are going to have to win with their base, at this point. Not happening.

Americans found out with the Trump election that normal people who show up to vote can upset the establishment applecart.

It will happen again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join