It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Big price to pay': Trump warns countries backing 'animal' Assad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

well i was talking about the start of this situation but look at it this way, if america backs out then people start dying in dramatic attention grabbing ways it'll make the west look incompetent, it'll smear our reputation and give Russia a stronger position of influence in the area, watch, Russia will take action soon after this and make some speech disparaging our cowardice afterwards and promising strong action in the future to bring stability and show solidarity against the foreign cowards.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

youre arguing for the US to be the world police.

they made a movie about that.

it was a cartoon.

because its a very very stupid idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
These are dangerous times indeed , it's almost like watching a prophecy play out , Syria could be the flash point it was feared it would be.
Hoping for level heads but fearing the worst.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Agreed. I can't help but think neither Trump, nor Obama, nor Bush etc have had any control over foreign policy whatsoever.

They obviously don't. That our foreign policy never changes from one to the next is the major evidence of a deep state. I surmise that Trump's focus on MAGA is about the only thing he can affect to some degree. Foreign Policy--I mean the realpolitik one--is off limits to anyone but the Alphabet-based designers of it.

I wanna see him fight harder for it though. At least call it out for what it is. If we all stopped squabbling and came together on this one thing, we might could create enough impetus to start to change it. Even that is probably nothing more than wishful thinking.

edit on 8-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
These are dangerous times indeed , it's almost like watching a prophecy play out , Syria could be the flash point it was feared it would be.
Hoping for level heads but fearing the worst.

The destruction of Damascus is a prophecy now that you mention it.

I'm so sad today...more death and destruction for everyone from the unhinged powers that be.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'm so sad today...more death and destruction for everyone from the unhinged powers that be.

I think unhinged is a good description mate , there does seem to be a certain madness pushing us toward the brink.
I too am sad today.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

it's only crazy because we fought this situation through proxy without any clear goal in mind, disorderly plans left to randoms create chaos, if we used force properly it wouldn't get so out of control.

but i suppose chaos might have been the real goal because it created a buffer zone between iran and saudi arabia, if syria stabilizes a war between iran and saudi arabia becomes more likely.

everyone has something to gain in this continuing except for us, we got involved to stabilize the region but we were too late and too indecisive about the whole thing, this is why we need to leave, because we are clearly lost on what to do with ourselves and it's being exploited at every turn.

i don't think trump will change his mind despite those words, we will still leave but that doesn't mean he won't have other means to do something in response to this.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

They obviously don't. That our foreign policy never changes from one to the next is the major evidence of a deep state. I surmise that Trump's focus on MAGA is about the only thing he can affect to some degree. Foreign Policy--I mean the realpolitik one--is off limits to anyone but the Alphabet-based designers of it.

I wouldn't worry to much about it. It's just business as usual for the contractors and purveyors of death and blood. Still glad I don't have any kids!! believe me!!

www.commondreams.org...

edit on 8-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the kids that are pawns in the game of f____ed up so-called grownups.

After thousands of years of barbarity humans haven’t evolved to sh__

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
But ask yourself this. Who did 911 and all the other FF’s

And who in the ME but the jihadi lunatics kill and feel justified by some God.

And finally, If Assad doesn’t win then who, but a jihadi nut group. Is that what they want?

Yes, that's what they want.

Why

Because then their warmongering is justified

problem--reaction--bad solution

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Chemical weapon use demands action...

How can anyone be opposed to invading Syria???

I don’t care about Russia or Syrian or ISIL forces...we will annihilate them within a month and occupy any and all of Arabia in perpetuity...
It’s simply a matter of whether or not we have the will and desire to eradicate evil...
Think Japan post world war 2....anyone whose been to Tokyo notices the giant American base...just in case

-Chris

Not thinking very far ahead or critical are ya?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

*sighs* you're either not listening or i'm not clear enough, i'll word it carefully this time.

i'm not saying we should have gotten involved but since we did get involved we should have been decisive and had a plan for the quick end of the situation, but we did not do that at all and tried to get others to resolve it for us, that is what went wrong and why it became a mess.
edit on 8-4-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

How can anyone be opposed to invading Syria??? 

I am. I dont want my people slaughtered or worse, to kill others for a profit.

No one actually cares about the Syrian people.

If we stop prolonging their civil war everyone wins.

We are arming and training people who kill us elsewhere.

Has everyone gone insane?!

edit on 4 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

i dont see it that way. I see under Obama sec. of state Clinton made a deal with rebel factions in Libya to take out Kaddafi and those forces later entered Syria and joined up with disparate rebel elements there to destabilize the country while Isis is running roughshod over peaceful communities of religiously diverse people who enjoyed protection and unprecedented rights under Assad (they have the oldest and largest Aramaic speaking community in the world there).

Under Obama nothing significant was done to curtail the activity of ISIS, they were in fact only growing in power and brutality.

Trump comes in and starts kicking ass and says several times he wants to get out of Syria (along with Tulsi Gabbard of HI, a democrat).

Then queue the staged chemical attacks that paints Trump in a corner. Notice how they have happened what, like THREE times since hes been in office less than a year and only happened one or two times under Obama.

So, i dont really know what youre arguing for but it sounds like you think since we have a presence there, established very belatedly by the way, that we should ramp it up to the extent needed to depose Assad.

IS that what your arguing for? Because thats what it sounds like.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The implications of this are going to be off the scale. The script says that Assad is an animal and must be put down. Trump now plans another missile strike like he did a year ago. Putin said if it happens again he will shoot the missiles down, and destroy the launch pads, be they ships or whatever. This would mean a world war. Started on Bull#. Count me out.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Russia was supposed to be overseeing that. Did they let some slip past?
Yes...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Remember the babies on the floors. The babies, who the ambassadors daughter told us, which had been taken of incubators and left to die on the floor? You know I don't believe a SINGLE thing American 'intelligence states. Not one thing.

That was all the UN. Did you not read your own statement ?

who the ambassadors daughter told us

And I hope , by the usage of the word "us" , you meant the world
Contrary to your beliefs , again that was not US Intelligence.

Now , who is it informing us of the Assad regime attack ?
Look it up.

edit on 4/8/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join