It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story of the Gaza border protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
For Hamas, the last year was the worst year yet. The Israelis came up with a new technique allowing them to discover and destroy Hamas's silver bullet - the underground attack tunnels leading from Gaza into Israeli territory. The terrorists watched the tunnels being destroyed one by one, along with the millions of dollars which were invested in them, all while the Gazan people are experiencing a humanitarian crisis.
Egypt and Israel are not allowing people and weapons to get in or out of Gaza, while majority of Arab countries turned their backs on Hamas. The assassination attempt on Palestinian Authority prime minister failed and now is creating quite a stir in the west bank (Palestinian forces arrest dozens of Hamas supporters in West Bank).
Things didn't looked good for the Sunni terror organization. What was there to be done?

The solution was obviously simple. "We just need to do the same thing that gave us international sympathy in the past - generate some civilian casualties".

"Listen up, this is the plan".

"First, the logistics:"
Hamas accused of jailing bus drivers who refuse to take Gazans to protests
Hamas Intent to Set Thousands of Tires on Fire Poses Risk of “Ecological Catastrophe”
Watch: Palestinian flag flies with swastika

"Then, we need to trow in some incentive :"
Hamas offers: $3,000 for families of the deceased and those seriously wounded will get $500

"And finally, the provocation:"
Hamas admits 5 of its gunmen among 16 Gazans killed in Friday’s border violence
IDF finds Molotov cocktails near Gaza Strip border fence

Nobody is surprised by the fact that Hamas has no problem paying with the lives of civilians to get political gain. But there are still a couple of important things to remember when watching the MSM coverage on this:

Gaza border is built precisely upon the line agreed upon by both sides in the Oslo II agreement in 1995.

Israel has withdrawn all of its soldiers and citizens from Gaza and does not claim the territory for itself.

Attempts to tear down the fence or cross it to get into Israel illegally are not legitimate forms of protest, but criminal acts. Every country in the world has the right to police its own borders, and the vast majority of them do just that.

Israel’s rules of engagement dictated firing at anyone who tried to cross the barrier or damage it, and in the context of borders around the world, that is both understandable and legitimate.
Source

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yes, blame kkkkkkamasss. Fabricate more false narrative deflecting blame away from the Occupation and Oppression of the Palestinians.

Bullies always blame their victims this way.

"Look what you made me do."

edit on 4/9/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Removed unpaired italics tag

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Since I know my posts here will be met with the usual response, I will leave this sentiment with the thread and not respond further.

"Gaza Border"? Whats that? Is Gaza a country inside Israel? Is it a city or town? Why is there a border inside Israel?

No its not a state, a city or city state. its called a "Strip", The Gaza Strip. Its really a prison for two million people, surrounded by walls, gun towers, barbed wire and currently, snipers, who violate the Geneva convention by using live ammunition on unarmed massed civilians peacefully demonstrating for their Human Rights, in the open, in broad daylight .

The only attacking is by the IDF, the only casualties are the demonstrators, the 'Gazanians', lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

from the Occupation and Oppression of the Palestinians.

Israel was built on sweat and blood and tears. Most of those Palestinians well the % that were there at the start were attacking and terrorizing the British then the Israelis, they were mainly defeated. In Gaza they have had chances for peace
but under such as your Hamazzz they never get close to it..

edit on 8 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Nothing to do with being forced to live in an open-air prison then ?
Of course Hamas bears some responsibility but you ignore the actions of main aggressor in the region.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Add in the fact that ISIS is largely finished and the attention can again be placed back on wiping out Israel. The nation that been taking refugees for decades, building homes for them and their families along with hope and a future.

Hamas and company? Not so much.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Nothing to do with being forced to live in an open-air prison then ?
Of course Hamas bears some responsibility but you ignore the actions of main aggressor in the region.

Aggressor? I think you erred, maybe you should have said aggressors, because they both have blood on their hands

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Offered a state? Check.
Turned it down 3 times? Check.
Offered aid? Check.
Still blameless after openly admitted hostility and genocidal thoughts? Check.
Still claiming they want a 'state' but refusing one? Check.
Still giving voices to known terrorists? Check.
Using civilians as an emotional shield against legitimate criticism? Check.
Staging attacks from densely populated civilian areas? Check.

Palestinian people DO NOT EXIST, they never have, they wont even accept statehood, guess why. . . . Doesn't take a genius. In fact they've been offered a state with a wealth of land over THREE TIMES. Yes three times.
The 'Palestinians' are a mix-mash of cultures who occupy the land, they are NOT a people's. This is the ruse they play against emotional westerners who don't care to look at the history of this region. From Oslo to Balfour the 'Palestinians' lived in peace with their Jewish counterparts. Have a guess as to why?

Honestly this is ATS where people are 'supposed' to be well read. Good job ATS you keep defending terrorism.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yes, blame kkkkkkamasss.

Are you OK? This looks like you had a seizure. Better to check this...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

"Gaza Border"? Whats that? Is Gaza a country inside Israel? Is it a city or town? Why is there a border inside Israel?

The answer for these questions can be easily found in Wikipedia:

While Israel has expressed desire to annex the border settlement blocs and keep East Jerusalem, its border with Gaza has largely been solidified, especially following Israel's withdrawal in 2005. Israel has not made claims to any portion Gazan territory and offered the entire area to Palestinians as part of the 2000 Camp David Summit.
en.wikipedia.org...

Its really a prison for two million people, surrounded by walls, gun towers, barbed wire and currently, snipers, who violate the Geneva convention by using live ammunition on unarmed massed civilians peacefully demonstrating for their Human Rights, in the open, in broad daylight.

You are so triggered you are going to have a nervous breakdown.
There is really no one here to convince. Everybody reading this probably already have a solid opinion on the matter, so you can relax with the propaganda.
Nothing of what you saying is making any sense.
What would Israel gain from "using live ammunition on unarmed massed civilians peacefully demonstrating for their Human Rights"?
Israel is just defending it's border, like any other country.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Aggressor? I think you erred, maybe you should have said aggressors, because they both have blood on their hands

Main aggressor , Israeli snipers shot and killed a member of the Palestinian press yesterday even though he was wearing a bright blue bulletproof vest , they also killed 9 other protesters which compared with last week probably shows a little more restraint was used.

There is blame on both sides but I maintain Israel is the main aggressor.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nothing to do with being forced to live in an open-air prison then?

The "open air prison" is maintained by both Israel and Egypt, I remind you.
There's a very simple solution for this. Hamas disarms from it's weapons (which never achieved anything anyway) and backs down from it's claims to destroy Israel, and pooof, "open air prison" is gone. No need for peace, just stop the aggression and let Israel to exist.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hamas disarms from it's weapons (which never achieved anything anyway) and backs down from it's claims to destroy Israel, and pooof, "open air prison" is gone.

If only it were as simple as that , I think we both know it isn't.
And what about the settlements in other Palestinian territories ?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Raggedyman

Main aggressor , Israeli snipers shot and killed a member of the Palestinian press yesterday even though he was wearing a bright blue bulletproof vest , they also killed 9 other protesters which compared with last week probably shows a little more restraint was used.

There is blame on both sides but I maintain Israel is the main aggressor.

I bet you would maintain the earth is flat as well despite all evidence
Israel have done some shocking things in the Gaza, but I don't think Hamas are known for their capacity to hug it out

We will just have to disagree

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

PR spindocs and damage control liars can't admit to the obvious facts. Wanna bet?

No need for peace, just stop the aggression and let Israel to exist.

Israels existence is somehow threatened by dissidents with rocks on a slingshot. Ya know...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If only it were as simple as that , I think we both know it isn't.

Oh it's actually is. There was no blockade before Hamas seized power in 2007. Gazans were able to travel freely from and into Gaza. Israel's stance on the matter is known: have a normal functional government instead of a terror militia which aspires to destroy Israel, and the blockade will not be needed.

And what about the settlements in other Palestinian territories ?

This is indeed a more complex matter but it is off topic and is not relevant for this discussion.
West Bank and Gaza are ruled by two completely different entities, which are rivals. Only a couple of weeks ago Hamas attempted to assassinate the Palestinian Authority prime minister.
I agree that both territories are linked and need to have a unifying solution. But at the moment we are discussing the blockade on Gaza, and my point is that there is a very simple solution for it that doesn't involve the West Bank.
Palestinians don't have to give up their aspirations for statehood. Hamas only has to disarm.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Israels existence is somehow threatened by dissidents with rocks on a slingshot. Ya know.

Well that's a bit dishonest. Over the years thousands of rockets were fired on Israeli civilian population from Gaza. Hamas openly declares it's goal to destroy Israel. The blockade is in place in order to prevent Hamas acquiring the means to achieve this goal.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Illegal occupation. Simple as that.

If another country came rolling in here (with the help of some powerful friends), claimed it was god's will and started killing our citizenry, annexing our land, limiting our access to food, controlled who came and went, etc. would you fight back? It would be tough though cause remember that the occupying country also has no global repercussion and for the most part controls the media coverage of the situation. It stuns me that people still support Israel.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Since I know my posts here will be met with the usual response, I will leave this sentiment with the thread and not respond further.

Gaza is an area.
Areas have borders.

There are borders inside any country.

Usually we are talking about borders of well defined areas such as municipalities, counties, however there is nothing wrong with talking about borders of more arbitrarily drawn areas such as competitive districts or, say, warm fronts and cold fronts.

Heck, you can - and do - even talk about borders around tables in Word documents!

The point is; there is nothing incorrect whatsoever about talking about Gaza having a border. Of course it has. Refusing to accept Gaza has borders is the act of someone negating its existence.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Illegal occupation. Simple as that.

If another country came rolling in here (with the help of some powerful friends), claimed it was god's will and started killing our citizenry, annexing our land, limiting our access to food, controlled who came and went, etc. would you fight back? It would be tough though cause remember that the occupying country also has no global repercussion and for the most part controls the media coverage of the situation. It stuns me that people still support Israel.

The only thing incorrect about that , is the entire post...

edit on 4/8/18 by Gothmog because: sp

top topics

<<   2 >>

join