It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump chickens out again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Trump skips correspondents dinner

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders will take President Trump's place at the White House Correspondents Association annual dinner.

Can Trump possibly be more chicken? Seriously, he is sending in Huckabee? He can't face the press? Perhaps those bone spurs are acting up.

Let's state the obvious here. Obama was spectacular at these events and Trump doesn't want to be out classed by Obama.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

President Trump has big brass ones. Why in hell's name would he want to go to such an affair.

It is giving the media a message. Let us see how they respond.

P

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Much easier “battling” the media on Twitter.

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Oh please. They fawned over Obama and have gave Trump nothing but sh** from day one, so why would he even bother?
Do you go to dinner with people who hate you?
I don't.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Trumplethinskin has no sense of humour especially when he is the butt of the joke , it's probably best he doesn't attend.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Right. Go to dinner with people who had a meltdown over 2 scoops of ice cream, condemn your every move, second guess your every decision and doing their best to get you fired.

Where I'm from that's called "kissing ass".
Also see "brown noser" and "hypocrite"

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Right. Go to dinner with people who had a meltdown over 2 scoops of ice cream, condemn your every move, second guess your every decision and doing their best to get you fired.

Also see "brown noser" and "hypocrite"

^^Exactly. Going to a dinner with people that hate everything about you and work everyday to ruin your credibility makes total sense...

You call him a coward? < - Case in point of why he shouldn't be bothered with going. OP and CNN together are like birds of a feather.
edit on 8-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Who would want to go to that B-O-R-I-N-G back-slapper thing anyway.

It's nothing but a NWO love-fest clogged with Left-Wing agitators and infiltrators.

The only part that might be good is when they award the gold plated dunce hat for failure of the year.

B 😶 R I N G

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.
Groucho Marx

Where I'm from it's called good grace , surely the multimillionaire President is big enough to let them have their fun without throwing a sulk.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Yes, I remember all the "fawning" FOX News did over Obama. LOL!!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Trump may be a lot of things but he's no coward.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

He's not going because that place is full of people like you.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Trump doesn't need to stoop to their level, hes not chicken. we have more pressing matters to attend to than liberals massaging their holier-than-thou ego.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Where I'm from it's called good grace , surely the multimillionaire President is big enough to let them have their fun without throwing a sulk.

Surely the MSM and Liberal Democrats can lose an election without sulking.
See how that works?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Yeah. Fox vs MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, Huffington Post, New York Times, Washington Post....shall I go on or are you seeing the point here?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Surely the MSM and Liberal Democrats can lose an election without sulking. See how that works?

Yeah I see how it works , it's a staple tactic of the faithful.

Here's a President who really had no reason to go but bit the bullet and turned it to his advantage.

edit on 8-4-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Comparing Trump and Obama going to the Correspondents Dinner is like saying - a man should be comfortable going to his exes family reunion. Just because they love their wife/daughter/niece doesn't mean they will love the ex-husband.

In todays America, the Fourth Estate has become a Fifth Column. Why provide them with ammunition?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I do all the time... like family events and work functions. Sometimes you just have to act like a responsible adult and interact with people you don't really want too, even I know that.

Rather than lying in bed assuming the fetal position, eating ice cream and watching fox news, well sobbing about how unfair it is that CNN doesn't worship you like a god... which is obviously what he'll be doing instead.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You make a great point, here.

With any luck, in another year or so the media will at least not be like a pack of salivating hyenas ready to giggle and pounce simultaneously.

That said, we both know that thin skin is a character flaw of his. Someone should ask him if he like fish sticks. I recall him and Kanye were quite chummy. LMAO.

I ain't gonna lie...it would be fantastic to see. I bet without him there they are just savage. He coulda softened the blow a bit by showing up...but that wouldn't give him 2 weeks of Tweet content.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Rather than lying in bed assuming the fetal position, eating ice cream and watching fox news, well sobbing about how unfair it is that CNN doesn't worship you like a god... which is obviously what he'll be doing instead.

That's a weirdly specific imagining. Interestimg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join