It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Armed dorks" phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
An entertaining thread was shut down earlier about "armed dorks" roving in packs around a Walmart. It made me think about my local armed dorks, as well as that that the 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms, not a free for all privilege to act like an idiot.

Armed Dork #1:
My husband and I went driving up the mountain to go hiking. Miles from any car was a late adolescent, not quite done with puberty, who was walking the road alone. He had some sort of semi automatic in his hands, another biggish gun strapped to his back, and a machete at each hip.

He stood in front of the car so we'd stop, and hollered, "Have you seen any dogs?"

His mom had sent him up the mountain to look for some neighbor's lost dog. "I'm pretty good at tracking," he explained.

He was playing Last of the Mohicans in the woods, armed to the teeth.

Armed Dork#2
In a nearby college town, another late adolescent decided to grab a hunting rifle and sit in front of the downtown local health food store for several days. (This store is like church for the local hippies and wealthy liberals.) As i went to get non allergenic diaper cream one day, he stared at me like the loneliest Mormon missionary imaginable. He wanted to talk. After he started up numerous conversations with customers with the catchy phrase, "Does my gun bother you?" and some meek questioning from the store management, the cops finally told him to move along.

Moral of these stories? If you're packing heat, and don't want to be an armed dork, try not to be creepy. There's no reason to assume you're sane if you're not acting sane.

Here are examples on how to carry and not be creepy or an armed dork:

Dean: raised in the woods. Father of three. Grandfather of seven. Packs heat everywhere he goes. Only time that gun comes out of the shoulder or belt holster is when something real happens, like a wolf who appeared in the yard. I feel safe with him having a gun.

Erin: college student. Took gun safety because she camps and hikes alone a lot. Goes to the shooting range for fun. Locks that gun up whenever she's not out in the sticks with it. Uses a holster. She's not flaunting it. It's a tool with a purpose.

Nathan: Forester. Hunts a lot. Has his rifle in a cloth sleeve whenever he has to carry it to and from the car in city limits.

Use a holster. Don't use guns for attention or play acting accessories. These aren't infringements on your rights- they're manners.
edit on 020182018k23002America/Chicagotham by Look2theSacredHeart because:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Dork is a much underused word lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
edit on 8-4-2018 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I assume by “armed dorks” you mean socially awkward young men that feel marginalized and bullied by people like you. Eventually these “armed dorks” are the people that become emotionally damaged by asshats that refer to them in demeaning ways and become the next mass shooters. I can see why they might get tired of being bullied and made fun of by arrogant people that consider themselves superior to them.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There are these people who regularly stop at the QT where I sometimes gas up in the mornings. They have the nerve to walk around in the place with pistols on their hips! In full view of everyone else! It's like they own the place or have some need to let us all know how bad @ss they are.

They do it every morning. Sometimes, there's even a woman in there with one strapped one ...

They buy their coffee, and then they get in their cars and drive off.

But this is how you know they're really dorks and over the top ...

They've even installed lights on the top of their cars!!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
He wanted to talk. After he started up numerous conversations with customers with the catchy phrase, "Does my gun bother you?" and some meek questioning from the store management,

Most of the armed dorks in my area start conversations with catchy phrases like, "License and registration, please." and "We had an anonymous tip .." The armed dorks in our area also tend to get very violent if you just try to ignore them.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Yes, I agree with you. That's why socially awkward young men ought not to be allowed any guns whatsoever because they are the ones that flip into killer mode easier.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Metallicus
Yes, I agree with you. That's why socially awkward young men ought not to be allowed any guns whatsoever because they are the ones that flip into killer mode easier.

Or, people could quit being assholes to them.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wait wait, so a person in the mountains by them selves with a gun is by default a dork? Ever heard of a bear or mountain lion? Ever considered fighting one with your bare hands? The machete well when one is walking in the bush not every trail is maintained. You even state he was on a isolated road alone, you would be a dork to not be armed in that situation on foot

The guy at the drug store who can say what he was up too. Did he scare you?

a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

edit on 8-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread.

Ask yourself what gun owner would gather with a bunch of other gun owners and take their defense/fun rifles to a public place to garner negative attention to gun owners?

Another stupid, easily influenced, emotion-based liberal. Perhaps ignoring the gun right argument all together because they have been so utterly brainwashed by this "Trump voters are gun toting rednecks" propaganda campaign.

The test was putting up a nasty criminal with raise taxes, take guns, take rights, embrace emotion, not logic propaganda campaign.

"Wholly crap! Look how fn stupid these guys are!"

They figured out they can emotionally influence the weak using social media, now they are racing to get AI involved.

They learned they can do anything they want now. Play the emotion-bases idiots out there.

Freedom is fd.

Wait until "Google" lights up AI.

You sound nuts when you even talk about the bs going on with (((Google)))

They just patented brainwave manipulation through display screens too, if all this stuff doesn't sound crazy enough.

There is an electronc prison being built, and the "web" is a pretty good descriptor.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We've all been imprisoned for some time, we simply don't recognize the walls for what they are....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

-Voltaire

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They have the nerve to walk around in the place with pistols on their hips! In full view of everyone else! It's like they own the place or have some need to let us all know how bad @ss they are.

The nerve of these guys, exercising their rights!

One could say the same for any other segment of society they found distasteful.

The nerve of those gays, galloping around in leather chaps with their asses hanging out and a feather boa as they march down the street during a gay pride parade.

See? Personally, I think the above is a more disgusting display, but as much as it offends me, I'll support their right to do it if they respect my rights as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

In fairness, we do have public indecency and perversion laws that have been tested against the Constitution. Nobody has a Constitutional Right to bare their ass publicly or otherwise carry about indecently, whereas there is a Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

In fairness, we do have public indecency and perversion laws that have been tested against the Constitution. Nobody has a Constitutional Right to bare their ass publicly or otherwise carry about indecently, whereas there is a Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms.

I know, it's that darned Constitution thing again. It always makes things harder for the less educated to pass laws to further control the population. It's outdated they say? Well, perhaps they think that because they have some false expectation that the government is their buddy, their daddy, and their mommy. They will take care of all their ills, and kiss all their boo-boos.

People that think like that, IMO, are the crazy ones that I do not want anywhere near a firearm. If they can so blatantly ignore and brush away the supreme law of the land, then what lower-level laws are they easily willing to ignore and brand as "not helpful" for their insane causes?

SMFH

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Constitution wasn't made to restrict the people....it was made to restrict the government.

All too often, we forget this basic premise.

top topics

join