It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for a New Political Party in the United States

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The two political parties of in the US no longer represent the American people - neither the rich nor the poor, and everyone in the middle class is
represented by the Republicans or Democrats.

For the last 50-100 [maybe longer] years these two parties have done a good job of dividing the United States by money, class, and whatever way
possible to keep the American people divided - they are not worthy of our Republics ideals as a representative Democracy.

It is time for 'We the People' to form a Third Political party dedicated to the benefit of American ideals - A Constitutional Republic that attempts
to represent as many of the people as possible - It's time for 'We the people' to take control of our Nation.

I am not proposing anything revolutionary - And am aiming for the most Centrist idealogy possible
- We will represent the rich, the poor, and eveyone in between - We will represent The United States of America and
the great majority of its people.

If the name is still available we will call oursevles 'The American Party'

We will attempt to further the goals and aspirations of the great minds that conceived and created the United States of America

We will seek soulutions to the complicated issues that continue to divide and weaken our country.

We do not stand for right-wing, left-wing and/or any other form of extremism that has proven to be, not only ineffective,
but in fact detrimental to the aspirations of the people.

We are not right-wing Republicans, nor are we left-wing Democrats

We are the people of America - And we affirm an intelligent politcal middle that will pave the way to a prosperous future.

- AlienView,
April 7, 2018

“The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.”
~Thomas Jefferson

“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.”
~Robert Kennedy

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:
‘We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal’.”
~Martin Luther King Jr

“This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.”
~Theodore Roosevelt

“Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…”
~Thomas Paine

edit on 7-4-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No. It’s time for dissolution of all parties.

We need a new political system ASAP.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No matter what party is created special interests will swallow it with their bottomless pockets. Humans are easily susceptible to corruption, the enticement of personal security and the security of loved ones will always trump the needs of the populace and those with money are always willing to buy politicians as long as it favors their bottom lines.

I don't think our current paradigm well ever shake the corruption bug, money will always lead to suffering because their are those who will always want more of it despite the harm it causes others.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anyone interested in holding a political office just throws their name in the hat and have someone draw the winning name. A lottery. That is as good a system as we have now and probably better than most other ways thought of. We sure can't pick winners the way we are doing it now. Too many ignorant uninformed voting.
edit on 7-4-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yes we need a centrist party, I have been saying this for a long time. Maybe after Trump people will vote for them, assuming Trump doesn't eliminate our democracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
The two political parties of in the US no longer represent the American people - neither the rich nor the poor, and everyone in the middle class is represented by the Republicans or Democrats.

The Two Party + MSM System represents not merely the rich, but the WEALTHY POWER ELITES. And not mere wealth gets you in the Big Club. Its a specific tribe. And everyone else (especially the Middle Class) are on the outs.

But carry on.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Yes we need a centrist party, I have been saying this for a long time. Maybe after Trump people will vote for them, assuming Trump doesn't eliminate our democracy.

Well, turns out even Obama couldn't pull that one off, no matter how hard he tried. So I'm pretty sure we'll be just fine under Trump. We don't live in a Democracy, by the way. It's called a democratic Republic.

I am guessing you also consider yourself centrist?

Interesting viewpoint, there.
edit on 7-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

You have actually have had more then two parties for a very long time. In fact! From the very inception of this country there were more then two political parties involved and always has been.

However most people are not aware of this because the media only reports on two of them. And hence they do not exist for a majority of people. After all what you don't see or hear about, may as well not exist. And like you, you seem to not be aware of this, so you made a thread about it.

Bizarre indeed.

But anyways can you imagine a football game with 3 teams or the field? Who will be the winner and who the loser?

There in lies the problem. You cant imagine a game that has 3 teams on the field, much less another odd number like say, oh 27. Now that would just be a mess. While two teams, now that is something people can remember and keep track off even idolize.

Besides don't know why people take politics so serious. You know other then that it will effect you and all of you for a long while yet and generations to come, as you have given it the power to do so. But in all. It is kind of a lame show. A dog and pony show.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Got to eliminate lobbying for corporations and special interest groups, curtail or eliminate year long or longer election campaigns,campaign fund raisers,corporate donations. Lower term limits. Eliminate obscure riders attached to bills sent to the house and or senate. Wouldn't mind a new party or 2 but more than that has its limitations too. Thats just off the top of my head..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

We have one political party and it has two sides to keep us occupied.

That political party is anti-Constitution.

We already have a political party of the people. It's defined by the Bill of Rights and Constitution.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There were 6 presidential candidates in the 2016 election.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If "People" would only vote for them 😁

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Veterans Party

we had a candidate last election, will continue to run candidates and one of the things I would say makes us worth a look is nobody draws a paycheck (unless they get elected) we are doing this because we are sick of the corruption and feel a third party has to get to the next level for the american people to have a chance at reclaiming their country.

You do not have to be a veteran to join, or be a candidate just believe in the consitution.

Find your local chapter and drop in and see whats going on, one of the big things we want to do is not allow a single memeber of congress to run un-opposed we NEED candidates.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Veterans Party ? - True there have been, and there still are many political parties in the US
- remember from way back when, Ned Buntline and 'The Know Nothings'?

And also of course we had the Constitution Party, Ralph Nader and his environmentalists, the still active Libertarians,
etc., etc., etc.

I imagine a full study of political parties in America would come up with hundreds, if not thousands of them
- All now footnotes to history.

But these parties, except in rare circumstances, like when they say Ralph Nader's Green Party supposedly took
votes from Al Gore and therefore gave the Presidency to Bush have had little power and meaning historically.

That's not what I'm talking about here - I'm talking about a serious 'middle of the the road' and powerful
central coalition of like minded people and politicians who want to start government working again
- Working for most, a new majority - not this politial 'football game; as somoine just descibed it
- Not a dysfunctional political system that encourages manipulators and 'reality stars' like Trump to seize power
because the people are so thoroughly divided that they vote out of desperation instead of what is good for them
- At this point people don't even know what's good - So anyone who makes the case that he can get the system
working wins - And he does get the system working - But for whose benefit?

It's time to take America back - And a powrful third political party can do it.

I koow Trump said he was going to do this - But the way things are going we now have a typical basicaly right-wing
Republican who has alienated everyone on the left.

First Obama, then Trump - Somehow I got to believe there is an intelligent middle.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

“Political parties are on the hunt to search and destroy each other, as though we were involved in some kind of enemy combat, rather than the work of statesmanship.”
― John Lewis, Across That Bridge: A Vision for Change and the Future of America

“I am not for the left or the right, but for what is right over the wrong. I am not an elephant or a donkey, but a lion that stands only with Truth and my conscience.”
― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem

edit on 8-4-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sure. Let's call it the think with your own fooking brain party.

It will not be popular.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Trump is a centralist, the left is to butt hurt(for a lack of a better word) and they just attack like a wounded animal. The more trump is attacked, the more everyone who’s not left supports him.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Anyone remember George Washington first President of the United States?
- Not relevant you say?
- Always relevant I say:

“All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.”
― George Washington

“We owe our loyalty to each other and to our children's children, not to party politics.”
― DaShanne Stokes

“You don't fight America…You get America’s Democratic and Republican parties to fight each other... and destroy each other. Worst case scenario…the enemy can slip thru the back door while they are fight like third graders. ~~High Commander Mustafa”
― James Morris Robinson, Accelerant...The Sixth Extinction

“His mind filled with visions of a decadent kleptocracy in rapid decline, abetted by both political parties. America's masses, fed on processed poison bought with a food stamp swipe card. Low-skill workers, structurally unable to ever contribute again and too dumb to know their old jobs weren't coming back. The banks in Gotham leaching the last drops of wealth out of the country. Corporations unrestrained by any notion of national interest. The system of property law in shambles. The world drowning in debt.”
― George Packer, The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America

“The protestors feel that the elections have been hijacked and the choices are between two corrupt parties—that when the power structure no longer represents the people, the vote is no longer a tool for change [Jehane Noujaim, "Tahrir Square, Cairo: Lost and Found in the Square"].”
― Catie Marron, City Squares: Eighteen Writers on the Spirit and Significance of Squares Around the World

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
― John F. Kennedy, Profiles in Courage

“This campaign was never just about electing a president of the United States—as enormously important as that was. This campaign was about transforming America. It was about the understanding that real change never takes place from the top on down. It always takes place from the bottom on up. It takes place when ordinary people, by the millions, are prepared to stand up and fight for justice.”
― Bernie Sanders, Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
― Ronald Reagan

“Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.”
― Ronald Reagan

edit on 8-4-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The system we have now is broken and it has been for some time . I think we should keep the electoral collage and go back to what is in the constitution .

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why stop with one?

We need at the very bare minimum at least two more parties and that would be a good start. Instead of hollering at each other, labeling each other, judging each other, name calling and belittling each other we should be making a master list of what our political beliefs and preferences are.

Next, we should throw out the things that we absolutely cannot see eye to eye on and put them in the 'work on this later' basket. Then all of the issues we could compromise on should be the very essence of the new political parties. For example, getting corruption and big money out of our political process and truly having the attention of our elected representatives again front and center, campaign finance reform, requiring our elected representatives to live under the same laws and benefits that we do, requiring elected representatives to truly embrace being servants of We The People and not career and even lifetime crooks, requiring that the majority of focus in government should be protecting We The People and improving quality of life, etc.

If we would work together on those issues that we can both agree on and not let anything divide us up on those particular foundation issues we would blast the GOP and the DNC to hell, period. The sheer attention and positive output that would be displayed by two new political parties working together for a change, united against corruption, and exemplifying indivisibility would once again get American's head over heals involved in our political process.

It would be akin to slaying the great old foul dragon. A true inspirational story and something every American could rally around. Then, we could work on the issues in that basket labeled 'work on this later,' since the main foul divisive beast in the room has been slain.

In this scenario the issues in the 'work on this later' basket now become a stepping stone to progress instead of a giant stumbling block that constantly divides us up like a bad melody on repeat; over and over.

People would once again have real choices.
edit on 8-4-2018 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's not the parties that are the problem.

"We the People" are the problem.

It is the ignorant and poorly-informed people that prop up our current system.

That is what gave us Obama. That is what gave us Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join