It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the Federal Reserve Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hello all, new to this or any similar forum. I am trying to understand more about the FED and how this seems to be the biggest crime of our history, and will continue to be so with no outrage nor exposure from the media, government and/or public.

I would be happy to follow any links to threads on this forum if this has already been covered and exaplained.

Here is one of the many links I have found explaing the history of this, just search with "truth about FED"-

www.truthusa.org...

With todays blogging becoming more of a voice than some media outlets (those that have their news "directed"), I can't understand how this has not become a huge talking point if nothing else?!

Is there any chance in hell this will EVER change?

This stemmed from one of my many childhood "age-old" questions- "Why can't we just print more money to help the poor?" Well, that same question came back to haunt me after watching more devastating news about our trade/economy/deficit etc. Since I never had it answered in a way that I really understood, I started searching....so I figured this place seemed like the perfect forum to ask.

Thanks for any info!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think that the reason a lot of people think that the Fed is a Bad Thing is that they believe it's a "private company". But it's not really; it's what is called "quasi public".

The seven members of the Board of Governors are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate to serve 14-year terms of office. The President designates, and the Senate confirms, two members of the Board to be Chairman and Vice Chairman, for four-year terms.

Its job is to make monetary (as opposed to fiscal) policy.

Now admittedly, if you're an Austrian-school fan (as I am), you're not crazy about the Fed. A lot of my more laissez-faire friends don't like it or -- or John Maynard Keynes, either. But that stems from their dislike of government interference in the economy rather than the belief of a Huge Secret Plot.

And if you still don't have the answer to your question "Why can't we just print more money to help the poor?" it is that printing more money drives inflation, because printing more money won't increase the number of cars or gallons of gas or loaves of bread. What you will have is twice the amount of money chasing the same amount of the product, which means that the prices will go up.

If you're really interested in the way the economy works, and are willing to invest the time and effort to learn more about it, your best choice would be to sign up for a macroeconomics course at your local junior college.

i think it will give you some excellent insights into how both fiscal and monetary policies (ant they are very different things shape our economy and standard of living. You'll also be able to get a pretty objective look at things like command versus market economies; the cost of budget deficits, international trade, including "free trade", tarriffs, trade deficits, etc.; and the correlations between economics and politics.

For someone wo really want'sx to know how money works, you can't beat a first-semester econ course.

And as far as finding out about the Fed, I'd suggest that, in addition to reading all of the anti-Fed literature (some of which is very good), you should also look at the Fed's website: www.federalreserveonline.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

"Why can't we just print more money to help the poor?" Well, that same question came back to haunt me after watching more devastating news about our trade/economy/deficit etc. Since I never had it answered in a way that I really understood

How long have you been looking for an anwer?

You can't print more money to give to people without enough because your money will become completely worthless. You'd need billions of dollars to buy bread, for example. The germans, prior to the economic collapse that probably pushed the nazis to power, tried to do just that, just print more and more money in order to solve their financial crises.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi sinthetic - welcome. ...You said your interest grew out of your childhood question, right? ....You might find the following info and links interesting and helpful.

The United States of America was incorporated in 1989, as was the Social Security, Department of Health, Education and Welfare, for example. Since the Federal Reserve was incorporated in 1914, numerous government agencies and departments have been made into corporations, one at a time.

See: “The government is a corporation, and registered in the State of Delaware.”
forums.sptimes.com...

Verify claims at: www.state.de.us...
(Please look at the end of the first paragraph: "click here for status on the web." From there, at the end of the first paragraph click on "to receive a status inquiry on line, CLICK HERE." That takes you to 'General Information Name Search.' You must use the incorporated name. The search box in the top bar does NOT retrieve results.)

Also see: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Post Number: 1006246
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also see:

The Corporate NWO

...It talks about the history and relationships between money, banking and corporate structure.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, my true question isn't about "printing money", that was a previous question I had as a child that lead to the question of our current economy. I do udnerstand why we can't print money to just pass out, I assumed that was a given, it wasn't I should have clarified.

What I don't understand is why this hasn't been reversed. How is it beneficial to have it set up this way as opposed to the original intent?

I wasn't looking for an answer until this week, not the printing of money, but the why this is still the way it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
One member who had a good handle on this was jagdflieger, his analysis was easy to absorb and his signature still reads:

[edit on 17-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
MA - excellent observation, but it goes back either further in history than that. Stay tuned for some interesting info I've found.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Please send any plaudits due to the absent jagdflieger.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Righto. Jadflieger...you're da man, man.

[edit on 17/2/05 by AlwaysLearning]

new topics

top topics

join