It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job growth slowing after Trump Tax Cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, weak job growth in March, less jobs were actually created than thought in February, and they say in the article that this is the new norm. Why the hell did we pass a giant tax cut when the whole purported reason for it was that supposedly it would create more jobs??

Somehow I don't think corporate profits were flat though, only normal people have to deal with stagnation apparently.

finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 7-4-2018 by CB328 because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wow, weak job growth in March, less jobs were actually created than thought in February, and they say in the article that this is the new norm. Why the hell did we pass a giant tax cut when the whole purported reason for it was that supposedly it would create more jobs??

Somehow I don't think corporate profits were flat though, only normal people have to deal with stagnation apparently.

finance.yahoo.com...

Perhaps you should read the articles you post?

Jed Kolko, chief economist at Indeed, said Friday that while March’s total job gains are fewer than expected and on the surface appear to be a disappointment, this level of job growth is “more than enough to keep up with the slow-growing working-age population.”

“Eventually, we’ll have to get used to monthly [job] gains of ~100,000 or less,” Kolko added.

So in your world tax cuts have something to do with a slow-growing working-age population?

Now I know, I know... people such as yourself will grasp at any straw to try to point out that America is getting worse under Trump.

Reality says different, but that won't stop you either.

Ashworth added that while March’s job gains were weaker than expected, “there is still evidence of an acceleration in the underlying pace of employment growth… looking through the volatility, employment growth is trending higher and wage growth is starting to heat up.”

edit on 7-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One month? I don't think one month really defines the entire legislation. Don't get me wrong, I don't like that corporations got a permanent tax cut but using one month as a basis for its failure seems a little unfair.

link   
82,000 less jobs than expected on March, that's about it. The tax cuts were not wholly purposed for creating jobs, it was a campaign promise that he delivered on.

If the job growth comes to a halt, instead of not meeting it's very optimistic expectations due to the hype, then we'll have something to discuss.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a little unfair.

Yeah just "alittle". I wonder what the MSM judged Obama after one month on? Funny 'cause I kept hearing "this is the fallout from Bush" for months.
edit on 7-4-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

link   
I thought only people who have jobs pay taxes?? The tax cuts helped me keep more of my money out greedily government hands.. you don’t work? Then stay out of my pockets!

edit on 4 072307 1818 by WUNK22 because: Spell

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The north and some of the south were hit with repeated snow storms. The biggest loser was construction and most exteriror builders dont work in the snow. the underemployment rate dropped as well and wages went up so overall a good number considering the factors. Start complaining when the unemployment rate reaches pre trump levels.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker
Let get April behind us and see what happens. We are in the bad weather season where I live. Construction and housing starts are bogged down in mud.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think lots of data is skewed by anti-Trump implants

Be afraid

Be VERY afraid

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think lots of data is skewed by anti-Trump implants

Doc installed mine last week
Told me it was mandatory . Secretly and covertly passed by Congress.
You got yours , yet ?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

This is very true.
Been waiting on some bids, I' m sure we've got them but need confirmation.
Kind of glad I'm not working in the weather today though.
Cold and snow showers.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It has been creating jobs, but job growth is not linear nor looking at it in a short 30 day cycle does not create realistic trends.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unemployment remained steady at 4.1, didn't rise and is the lowest in 17 years. There are record numbers of open unfilled jobs, between 4-6 million because there aren't enough people applying. So what do you want? We have more jobs than ever that are unfilled. The cup runneth over. Before complaining, at least use up the available.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Some one will come along after next the election , to say the only way to create real growth is massive tax hikes . Although am surprised that only 5% refuse to get out of bed to go find a job.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328 tax cuts only kicked into the economy February 15th.

Imagine what hell we would be facing if Bernie or Hillary had won and increased taxes by 20%. It too traumatic to think about.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
One month? I don't think one month really defines the entire legislation. Don't get me wrong, I don't like that corporations got a permanent tax cut but using one month as a basis for its failure seems a little unfair.

I don't often agree with you, but this I agree with 100%.

new topics

top topics

join