It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have packs of armed dorks roaming wal-mart???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We have quite a few people around here who have conceiled weapons permits that carry. Now, open carry is banned in most of the towns here, communities do have a right to restrict flashing or shooting guns in town. Unless of course, someone is a threat and needs chasing away.

You can't legally open carry in our Walmart here, the township has laws that govern that. Open carrying can disrupt society and is a form of terrorism if it makes people in town scared. It is easy to pass laws on a local basis with that, but we also have laws on carrying guns in cars, they have to be unaccessable and also rifles need to be in a case when hauling them out to a car. Lots of people own guns around here, the only way to bypass those laws is get a conceiled weapon certificate and if you have a conceiled weapon permit, it means it has to be conceiled if towns have a now show law.

We won't have those kids open carrying here, there might be some kids shot in Walmart if they try it here. Cops will draw their guns if they see someone opencarrying in town up here.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I don’t think they were either.. and never once claimed they were..

However the path to hell is paved with good intentions right???

Good intentions won’t stop a kid from misdiagnosising a situation or hitting a bystandard in a situation THEY escalated.. that never escalates if they don’t decide to intervene..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I had a friend who thought it was hilarious to put on a t-shirt with "POLICE" on the front... and walk into Asian Massage Parlors around town. Those little 5 foot tall chicks are packing big heat in the little private room where they take breaks (I've seen the raids)...

We did some dumb sh!t back in the day... I think I was 20. A legal adult. Acting like a child.

There's a segment of the population right now that wants to give WAY more credit than is due to the decision making capabilities of young people.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

And a couple of these kids likely die while pissing themselves because they are faced with an armed officer and don’t know how to react..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Not intentionally, maybe.. assuming they do just have a “wanna be-hero complex.”

That is quite common in the current gun culture. Sadly, many fantasize about using their 2nd amendment right to save the day and becoming some sort hero.

Really? How do you know that? Do you have some special telepathic insight into their fantasies? Any documentation to prove that? Or did you just make it up based on what you THINK their fantasies are?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What were they armed with?

link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
One of those “Dorks” as you like to put it Mr Judge... might just save your life on one of your late night trips to the shop.

Have you thought about that?

Kindest respects

Lags

I forgot to ask OP and would appreciate a straight answer please :

If one of those “Dorks” saved your life would you thank them and rethink how you judged them?

Looking forward to your response.

Kindest respects

Lags

link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

All kids do dumb stuff..

That’s why armed bands of young males attempting to unofficially police Walmart is a HORRIBLE idea..

link   
What makes them "dorks"?
I see people I assume to be "dorks" all the time. They're driving cars (2 tons of murdering steal), crossing the street with their faces in a cellphone (a bludgeoning "assault weapon"), holding dangerously hot cups of coffee (a liquid death spray)! All of which could do me personal bodily harm if one of them "dorks" snapped! But I refuse to live in fear of dorks.
When did Americans become so weak that a sheathed weapon became a fearful situation? Or even a reason to notice.
If the "dorks" aren't breaking any "law" or brandishing the weapon. They have the right to do so, Period! Just like queers with dog collars and leashes on parade in SF. No comment was necessary. Lol!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I live deep into redneck country, and rednecks with fat paychecks too!! I have not seen that yet. I have seen an old man on a call we ran. He had the billboard Vietnam hat on, weighed about 100lbs and a gigantic hog leg .44 on his hip. I don’t think he would be a little slow on the draw.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Actually if you read I did no such thing. I started defending him. He then made more comments. I pointed out he was generalizing all 19yo and showing his bias, he then ad-hom attacked me.

You seem to have not read the thread, maybe you should do so.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

If monkeys fly out my butt, maybe..

The truth is that the math would be very against them “saving the day”..

Saving the day is a super rare situation. The SMALLEST percentage of gun deaths are from justifiable homicides..

The truth is that is SUCH a rare situation you would be better off never taking a shower “just Incase you might slip”.

You can always come up with a 1/100,000,000 chance it works out..

“Well would you still jail that child molestor if you knew he would one day save your life???”

That’s the equivalent to what your asking..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That looks like 'People of Walmart'.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Dorks...Ha! How about Dingleberries....that ist even better.

I know the type of kids he is talking about I have a 19 year old. They are dorks for the most part. 8/10 look and act like my 11 year old. My hope is that they are not high open carrying. Might think it is funny to pull and then what if someone else in the store sees it? Could not end well if they want to be a 'hero' like many of you are talking about.

Or maybe like others said it is their way of expressing themselves. Either way as long as I know I am protected and walk in the opposite direction no harm no foul but nothing good can become of it.

I am not a strong proponent of open carry. They can do it, I am not saying they cannot, but concealed is one thing. That is protection and no one knows. Open Carry? I have seen some people that open carry and I would bet a dollar I could disarm them so what is to stop someone else.

The OP brought up points we should discuss instead of arguing the use of certain adjectives and pronouns to describe the Wal-Mart Posse...
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-07T13:01:46-05:000146 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-07T13:02:11-05:000111 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

All kids do dumb stuff..

That’s why armed bands of young males attempting to unofficially police Walmart is a HORRIBLE idea..

Fantasy world. You have no idea what they were doing, only your bias and jumping to conclusions.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hey josh, yes I completely agree it sounds super weird to me. I wonder why that's "the thing to do" out there, in the night.

Were there very many other shoppers??
Im assuming not.

....You know what's equally weird, how many people are instantly shooting you down and missing the point and assuming you must have some kind of complex or "need help" for reaching out online to see if this is normal......and getting lots of stars for it

You even started it out explaining that it wasn't the fact that they were carrying that made it strange.

Sounds to me like you're perhaps more observant than the average shopper as well based on how you took note that they didn't have groceries when you arrive or when you left.

I've never seen anything like what you describe at my local Wal-Mart but I've seen some oddities at others.

Strange times

-Driver
edit on -1800032SatSat, 07 Apr 2018 13:04:22 -050004vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 07 Apr 2018 13:04:22 -0500 by Z32Driver because: Added detail

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I first read the title as "packs of armed ducks roaming around Walmart", and I thought the revolution had begun.

I think I know what you're talking about though. All my aunts down south have been sharing Facebook posts of people who claim they're being followed around Walmart by "suspicious" people who are usually Mexican. A few of them claim they tried to kidnap their kids.

Maybe this is a group of not-too-bright gun owners who think what they see on Facebook is real. Considering where it's happening, it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Saving the day is a super rare situation. The SMALLEST percentage of gun deaths are from justifiable homicides..

The truth is that is SUCH a rare situation you would be better off never taking a shower “just Incase you might slip”.

“Well would you still jail that child molestor if you knew he would one day save your life???”

That’s the equivalent to what your asking..

You know what I mean OP.

Are you not capable of answering my question instead of turning it around?

What... just what if they DID save your life...

How would your judgement on them stand?

Thank you.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That’s the equivalent to what your asking.. [/quote

Gnarrffffff double post
edit on 7-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'll take a shot....

What... just what if they DID save your life... How would your judgement on them stand?

Surprised as F%$%.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join