It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have packs of armed dorks roaming wal-mart???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I bet nobody goes into that walmart and tries to kill all the shoppers.

People wear watches and carry wallets too, and I hardly notice. Is open carry legal there? Maybe you just saw the weird after midnight crowd out and about?

The after midnight shopping crowd is sort of 'weird' everywhere, especially at Walmart.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

19 is a man, but still a kid.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How do you know they're fresh out of high school?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Are you the same person you were when you were 19??

Are 19 year olds known for making good decisions??

Are 19 year kids known for their experience and composure??

Are black trench coat mafia outcasts known for those things??

No?!?!

In fact they are noticed for exactly the opposite?!?!

When and where I grew up only cowards who were afraid to carry an @$$ whoopin pulled a gun..

And I’ve watched more than one coward who pulled a gun get slapped and it taken from them..

We are not talking a 50 year old with composure who is experienced enough to maybe successfully decide a crazy situation..

We are talking kids still wet behind the ears..

Should you be cool with your 17-20 year old circling Walmart for hours at midnight armed???

Normal kids have dates to go on and friends to see.. maybe beer to drink...

Imagine how crappy your social life is if at 19 you spend your Friday nights in a sausage fest circling Walmart..

Again, I reiterate, a 19 year old is not a KID...that is a legal adult whether YOU think so or not. So get over that delusion. They can vote in public elections, unless you think they are too irresponsible to do that too?

What I am/was is irrelevant and a false equivalency in this discussion. Isn't it? Just a typical tactic of yours to deflect the focus away from your own fear of people who look and act different than your myopic view of how the world "should be for normal people". Your pretty judgemental aren't you?

Perhaps if you took the time to talk to people that are different from you, it might actually educate you on their situation and reasons for the way they act and dress? But then, that would mean facing your irrational fears and becoming actually educated. Seems to me, that is not what you want though. You enjoy being ignorant of other lifestyles that do not meet your equivalent of what is "normal".

How do you live like that? It must be tiring to be fearful of different people and cultures. Bordering upon bigotry, isn't it?

Again, please, get help for these fears. Open your mind to other ways of living.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It’s mississippi lol..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I’m guessing between 17-20..

A couple still had achne and were dressed like the black trench coat crowd from highscool.

Dark clothes, combat boots , camo/Black jackets ..

I should have taken a pic.. would make a great meme..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

19 is a man, but still a kid.

I respectfully disagree. They are legally treated as an adult in a court of law, are they not. Emotional immaturity is irrelevant to the law. At 19m, they may be mentally immature, but that is not being a kid, that is being a stunted emotionally immature adult. For some that can last a lifetime.....but it does not make then a kid.

The term "kid" is being used in this context as a derogatory term to tug at the heartstrings. It's disingenuous at best, and openly deceptive at worst.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe they are tracking you.......

No late night open carry here. Though at my neighborhood Walmart, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Multiple people got robbed in their parking lot after cashing their tax refund checks there.

It's like the water hole for Lions.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

19 is not a kid to a 20 year old maybe..

19 is a kid to all the other adults in the room..

Your body and brain isn’t even fully formed until your 23-25 right??

So by definition they are even still growing.

BWAHAHAHA I talk to people different than me constantly.. I work with the public..

Period you wouldn’t want your kid doing the same.. you would know it was asking for trouble..trouble your kid is not experienced enough to deal with if it actually arises..

You just know you would look retarded if you said, “sure I want my teenager roaming Walmart armed on Friday night with all his friends .

And you know that you wouldn’t trust your 19 year old self to do that.. or hopefully at 19 you had better things to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Reread for yourself, OP, the complete fantasy novelette you wrote first in your head and then here and then consider Krakatoa's mature advice and get help. Further, the way you consistently find ways to denigrate what you see as subsets (nerds, etc) comes across like a highschool bully who never grew up. Maybe that's the basis of your fear.

Nah.. just a group of 6ish really young and really nerdy kids walking in a pack armed..

Apparently making circles around Walmart, because they didn’t have items or a cart.

I don’t fear fire arms.. I fear stupid people with guns..

People so scared of the world and their own shadows they take their pistol to the toilet with them IN THEIR OWN HOUSE “just in case..”

Like groups of 19 year olds that can’t get a date so they circle Walmart at midnight looking for trouble so they can avenge all the bullying in highschool..

We are not talking some fresh out of the field farmer getting milk , late..

We are talking children forming a ragtag militia and attempting to police random places..

From the looks of things.. I didn’t ask.

Trust me.. this is not the group you would trust to rescue you in a bad situation..

edit on 7-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It’s mississippi lol..

Lol, thats why people go armed...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You are welcome to disagree. Someone who graduates nursing school and passes NCLEX may be an RN, but they still have no idea what they are doing. Much like a 19yo is a man, but really just a kid. Whether he wanted it to be derogatory or not I can't say, but going by post history would not surprise me.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Oh I’m a nerd too.. even have a hero complex, As I would love to “come to the rescue” in some crazy situation..

But since I am no longer a child. I understand that that is a VERY slim to none chance and I (as a teenager) would have WAY more likely have caused more trouble than I stopped..

The older you get. The more you realize how little you know..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They haven’t even finished growing yet?!?!

Their brain is still developing..

Everyone knows their decision making sucks.. on average at least..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA I talk to people different than me constantly.. I work with the public..

Period you wouldn’t want your kid doing the same.. you would know it was asking for trouble..trouble your kid is not experienced enough to deal with if it actually arises..

You just know you would look retarded if you said, “sure I want my teenager roaming Walmart armed on Friday night with all his friends .

And you know that you wouldn’t trust your 19 year old self to do that.. or hopefully at 19 you had better things to do.

Really, "all the adults in the room". How old do you think I am? I am quite likely decades older than you, and an adult that does not pre-judge (i.e. not be prejudice toward) others based upon their appearances. Perhaps it is you that needs to mature more, and stop putting down and judging others based upon your own narrow minded measure of what is "normal". Personally, I do not do that, and judge others based upon their actual actions and deeds, not on their appearance.

THAT, is what the "adults in the room" think. We welcome you to join us in a larger world of acceptance.

But, please, get professional help first. I do think you need it....honestly.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I made great decisions at 19. If I saw my 19yo self open carrying I would feel safe. While I agree 19yo are still truly kids, everything else you are writing appears to be created by your mind to reinforce you previously held beliefs.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You really don’t see openly armed people much..

If everyone was walking around armed it wouldn’t have stood out that these kids were.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You would be the only one who thought that about you at 19...

Everyone around you would think you were a joke.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Glad you are clearing that whole age thing up there Josh. I expect to see you in the debates against the Progressives when they try to make it legal and acceptable for 16 year olds to vote!

Will you change your tune then?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You would be the only one who thought that about you at 19...

Everyone around you would think you were a joke.

Wow, you do not even know this person, yet you can openly denigrate them in public like this. You do not see that you are projecting your OWN experiences upon others, do you? Yes, you definitely need professional help with this superiority complex you seem to have before it blossoms into full blown bigotry!

I do hope you get help, seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join