It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have packs of armed dorks roaming wal-mart???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just because I’m sure people will instantly jump to the conclusion I am saying that being armed makes them dorks.. it isn’t..

I live in north Mississippi. 5 min south of Memphis..

If you go to Walmart late at night you will see groups of 5-6 kids fresh out of highscool walking around open carrying.. they appear to be on some type of patrol.. well at least they were still walking around without items when I came and left.

These are not really the average high schoool kids either.. they look like they could be “black trench coat mafia” types..

Bad achne , trench coat mafia type clothes, looks like not a single one could fist fight their way out of a wet paper bag, the kind of socially awkward folks who never get a date..

I was wondering if this is a national thing, southern thing, maybe just a thing in my specific town, exc...

Now I don’t usually go to Walmart late at night, but need to sometimes.. so I guess I have been 3 times on the last year, but have seen a pack of armed kids all 3 times..
edit on 7-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Just because I’m sure people will instantly jump to the conclusion I am saying that being armed makes them dorks.. it isn’t..

I live in north Mississippi. 5 min south of Memphis..

If you go to Walmart late at night you will see groups of 5-6 kids fresh out of highscool walking around open carrying..

These are not really the average high schoool kids either.. they look like they could be “black trench coat mafia” types..

Bad achne , trench coat mafia type clothes, looks like not a single one could fist fight their way out of a wet paper bag, the kind of socially awkward folks who never get a date..

I was wondering if this is a national thing, southern thing, maybe just a thing in my specific town, exc...

I've never seen this here, in the Northeast. So it must be a northern Mississippi thing. Perhaps you are a dork too, but just unarmed?

edit on 4/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I’m definitely a nerd lol. Though I’m not scared to throw a little fisticuffs if the opportunity arises. Lol

Nor to I circle Walmart at midnight hoping I’ll get the chance to shoot someone..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What were they armed with?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I’m definitely a nerd lol. Though I’m not scared to throw a little fisticuffs if the opportunity arises. Lol

Nor to I circle Walmart at midnight hoping I’ll get the chance to shoot someone..

If you don't circle Walmart at midnight, how do you know these kids are there as you stated? Also, did you see their sidearms? Or, are you just assuming they have them, because their appearance frightened you?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I see. Unattractive, low income kids that may have targets on their backs from the ignorant hillbillies that bully them.
They are not causing any trouble. Management is not concerned with this. And they're obeying the laws by open carrying.
Sheeeeesh.
Nothing here folks, move along.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Side arms. On belt holsters.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Side arms. In holsters.

Were they brandishing them (i.e. waving them around)? If not, then what is your problem? If they are following the law, then who are you to complain? Unless, your fear of firearms is so ingrained in you that the mere sight of one triggers you into heart palpitations.

If that is the case, I recommend you get educated on them ASAP. It will reduce your MSM derived fears.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Because I needed batteries lol.

I’ve seen different groups (I think 3 different groups) months apart..

I’m guessing I have needed stuff late after work 3 times in the last year, and saw the same all 3 times.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Because I needed batteries lol.

I’ve seen different groups (I think 3 different groups) months apart..

I’m guessing I have needed stuff late after work 3 times in the last year, and saw the same all 3 times.

And, have they harassed you in any way, shape, or form? Other than being in sight? If not, then what is your problem with them? Is it because they appear scary? If so, then you are the one with the issue, not them.

Get help.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Gun culture is popular these days. This is just their way of expressing/incorporating that in to their little clique(s).

I doubt they are a threat to anyone.
edit on 7-4-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Nah.. just a group of 6ish really young and really nerdy kids walking in a pack armed..

Apparently making circles around Walmart, because they didn’t have items or a cart.

I don’t fear fire arms.. I fear stupid people with guns..

People so scared of the world and their own shadows they take their pistol to the toilet with them IN THEIR OWN HOUSE “just in case..”

Like groups of 19 year olds that can’t get a date so they circle Walmart at midnight looking for trouble so they can avenge all the bullying in highschool..

We are not talking some fresh out of the field farmer getting milk , late..

We are talking children forming a ragtag militia and attempting to police random places..

From the looks of things.. I didn’t ask.

Trust me.. this is not the group you would trust to rescue you in a bad situation..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not intentionally, maybe.. assuming they do just have a “wanna be-hero complex.”

Well, actually I’m sure someone said that same thing about every school shooter in history..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Nah.. just a group of 6ish really young and really nerdy kids walking in a pack armed..

Apparently making circles around Walmart, because they didn’t have items or a cart.

I don’t fear fire arms.. I fear stupid people with guns..

People so scared of the world and their own shadows they take their pistol to the toilet with them “just in case..”

Like groups of 19 year olds that can’t get a date so they circle Walmart at midnight looking for trouble so they can avenge all the bullying in highschool..

We are not talking some fresh out of the field farmer getting milk , late..

We are talking children forming a ragtag militia and attempting to police random places..

From the looks of things.. I didn’t ask.

Trust me.. this is not the group you would trust to rescue you in a bad situation..

So, to you, a 19 year old is a "kid". Last I checked, to be a legal adult, you need to be at least 18 years old in this country. So, these are not "kids", are they? And, you admit they are scary to you, and you did not even ask them why they were carrying? You just assume (like to seem to do a lot here on ATS) that your thoughts are others thoughts and motivations, and because they carry they are "stupid". You are projecting your fears of people that look different from you onto them. That is not a healthy way to live.

Again, I say, get help.
edit on 4/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You just wanted an excuse to call somebody else a dork, didn't ya?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not intentionally, maybe.. assuming they do just have a “wanna be-hero complex.”

That is quite common in the current gun culture. Sadly, many fantasize about using their 2nd amendment right to save the day and becoming some sort hero.

But overall they are not a threat. They are just using the firearm as a fashion accessory to fit in or look cool.

Hell, find a local militia and go to one of their meetings. Odds are good that you will see the same mindset happening there.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think I'd be walking the other way.

Accident waiting to happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Nope. Aint see that.

I dont go to wal mart though. The people make me crazy. I go to HEB. They make me slightly less crazy.

In Texas we dont have constitutional carry though. Its all licensed. And if you post proper signage you can forbid the open and concealed carry, which wal mart does

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Never seen it in Boston or Charleston.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Are you the same person you were when you were 19??

Are 19 year olds known for making good decisions??

Are 19 year kids known for their experience and composure??

Are black trench coat mafia outcasts known for those things??

No?!?!

In fact they are known for exactly the opposite?!?!

When and where I grew up only cowards who were afraid to carry an @$$ whoopin pulled a gun..

And I’ve watched more than one coward who pulled a gun get slapped and it taken from them..

We are not talking a 50 year old with composure who is experienced enough to maybe successfully decide a crazy situation..

We are talking kids still wet behind the ears..

Should you be cool with your 17-20 year old circling Walmart for hours at midnight armed???

Normal kids have dates to go on and friends to see.. maybe beer to drink...

Imagine how crappy your social life is if at 19 you spend your Friday nights in a sausage fest circling Walmart..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join