It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USPS ~ Freezing PO Box

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
A friend called this morning asking why her PO Box would be frozen. The people at her local post office could not tell her why except that it is a recently instituted policy. She is very stressed and upset as she is a very honest person and far from being the kind of person who breaks the law.

I've searched the net trying to find out why this happened to her, but found absolutely nothing.

Does anyone out there know about this "new policy"? How long does it take to unfreeze the Box?

This is a rotten way to do business as it prevents the person who rents the Box from doing personal business like paying bills.

All input welcome.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

Did she pay her rent on the box?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyred

Of course.

The fact that the postal employees would not tell her the reason leads me to a couple of conclusions, but I want unpolluted input from other members.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Could she have ordered something that came in a package looking/smelling/sounding suspicious?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I would hazard a guess that it's a security issue. Maybe someone else has tried to collect her mail.

She needs to go to her local Delivery Office to find out why. The Post Offices are a somewhat separate entity to the Delivery Offices. Tell her to go to her local Delivery Office and ask to speak to a manager.
edit on 7-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Clarifying the jargon...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

originally posted by: kyred

Of course.

The fact that the postal employees would not tell her the reason leads me to a couple of conclusions, but I want unpolluted input from other members.

That's because the Post Office employees don't have access to that kind of data. They aren't conspiring, they just don't know.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far.

She spoke to the postal employees where her box is. We both get that they can't say.

Just trying to figure out the reason and how long she'll be "crippled" in taking care of her bills, etc.

I think this may be more government overreach, which is why I posted this thread in the Posse Comitatus subforum.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

She needs to go to her local Delivery Office to find out why. The Post Offices are a somewhat separate entity to the Delivery Offices. Tell her to go to her local Delivery Office and ask to speak to a manager...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

She spoke to the postal employees where her box is. We both get that they can't say.

Just trying to figure out the reason and how long she'll be "crippled" in taking care of her bills, etc.

I think this may be more government overreach, which is why I posted this thread in the Posse Comitatus subforum.

It's not government overreach. Something caused a red flag with the account/box and the postal employees cannot discuss the issue with people over the phone, as there is no way of verifying the person is the owner of the box.

She just needs to go down there and talk with management. They will verify her identity and then let her know how to remedy the situation.

There is a lot more to the story than what she is telling you or than what she knows. She may be behind on her bill or she may of had something delivered to the box that she shouldn't have and she cannot get access until the authorities decide how to proceed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So without knowing all the facts you are gonna go with govt overreach..

I have a friend named Occam waving his hands at you..

More often than not in life things happen for a reason..I'm going to go with your friend has a secret they arent sharing with you around business going on, billing, mistaken ID or something less nefarious before jumping to the IllumiNSACIAmasons shutting her down.
edit on 7-4-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

She just needs to go down there and talk with management.

That is exactly what I said but it seems the OP wants to make it into a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That sounds about right to me.

She might end up getting arrested if she shows up at the Post Office in person, if there was something illegal sent to her box.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

She just needs to go down there and talk with management.

That is exactly what I said but it seems the OP wants to make it into a conspiracy.

Well, this is ATS.

originally posted by: butcherguy

That sounds about right to me.

She might end up getting arrested if she shows up at the Post Office in person, if there was something illegal sent to her box.

If it was something worth arresting her for, I'd bet they would have tracked her down at work or home.

My bet is on an unpaid bill or something less nefarious. Could be something as simple as she needs to sign an updated policy agreement.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

She needs to go to her local Delivery Office to find out why. The Post Offices are a somewhat separate entity to the Delivery Offices. Tell her to go to her local Delivery Office and ask to speak to a manager...

Right. I read that above.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's amazing what oozes out of the æther around here.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Right. I read that above.

All good. I just repeated it because it appeared that you missed it the first time.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well, this is ATS.

Indeed it is. Maybe you telling him exactly what I told him twice might have convinced him.

edit on 7-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It's amazing what oozes out of the æther around here.

Indeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Frustrating. You need to know what is going on, and not only are the local yokels unable to say anything, they cannot even help you find a solution. When you get to the central offices, I'd have a word of prayer with their supervisor.

Not to mention... *anything* sets off alarms bells any more. I got myself AND a company I was to do business with (sixth scale goodies) locked out of my account. Reputable company, works out of Hong Kong. What I got from the fraud dept of the credit union, even after I explained I knew what the hell I was doing: "But they are *in HONG KONG*!" she said, sounded like she was my mother, and just caught me with girly mags. Still unable to do business with them. :/

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

In some cases, the authorities need the person to actially take delivery of the package.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join