It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Van drives into pedestrians in Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Any mention of last name? I've seen R. Also believe I've seen German national stated which would mean atleast 2nd gen.
edit on 4/7/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I agree, not always, but usually when they play coy like this it's because they are hiding something.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's unlikely we'll ever get an answer as to the motives. It's in Germany.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I see a few jumped the gun, apparently if a van runs people over the common sense thing to do is assume it's Muslims according to one poster, then blames the police for not giving facts for his basis to assume, during an ongoing investigation.
Blind hatred/fear.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You rarely get the motive of Murder-Suicides of people with mental problems.
That goes for ALL countries. Sometimes it's Love, Money, Jealousy, Revenge, sometimes like here in UK Derick Bird, he was worriedhe'd be jailed for a tax bill and shot my town up and killed a dozen people.
No one will ever know if that was the legit reason, it just tidies it up with a little bow, doesn't mean it's true.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Awesome hack job. They told us he has German citizenship, then haven't said more. There is no reason to not divulge more if they are willing to divulge that.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It´s a bit funny if somebody named UKTruth says something like this, short after the Skripal incident...

Just joking!

Now they say they found a package in the car and that they maybe have to blow it up.

First thing that came in my mind is what a good friend told me(who HAS to know because of his job) two or three weeks ago, while we were talking about how the german people still stay calm nowadays. I said that there maybe will come something like a second RAF, Rote Armee Fraktion.

He told me then that there is such a new terror group, but this time they are Neonazis. He said if they would be successful and would start an attack, it will be something really big. Since that day i am just waiting for a nazi terror attack in germany.

Maybe Jens R is the first one?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Yes but wouldn't wanting to lay blame suggest need for escape not suicide?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
There is no reason to not divulge more if they are willing to divulge that.

In many European countries they do not divulge the names of the people involved in ongoing investigations.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

The police haven't named him yet so that's all there is for now , I'm sure more will become available in the coming hours.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Latest news, allegedly they raided his appartment, his neighbours have to stay away from the house for the whole night and earwitnesses said that they heard a loud bang from the appartment, while the police was in there. So myabe they found something and had to blow it up.

Ah, and Jens R is born in Germany.

But i don´t give any guarantee if all that is really right, that´s what i found searching the web, reading some online news and listening to TV news, it´s all MSM.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

We don't need a name. In fact I don't want a name. I do want ethnicity, and if they can give us his citizenship they can do that.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I see a few jumped the gun, apparently if a van runs people over the common sense thing to do is assume it's Muslims according to one poster, then blames the police for not giving facts for his basis to assume, during an ongoing investigation.
Blind hatred/fear.

Pattern recognition is "blind hatred/fear" I guess.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ha, 30 secs ago on TV, police says that it maybe was a terror attack.

And that Jens R had ties to the rightwinger/neonazi scene.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Not hatred or fear just recognition that the modus operandi of this attack matches that of terror attacks across Europe.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

There was a report I saw about a Kurdish protest march happening there later in the day , it was canceled because of this incident , perhaps that lends credence to their belief.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I hadn't seen his last name, I asked because I was eluding that the oddity in name could still be a potential for someone of Algerian decent. But that suggest a sense of conformity or atleast the appearance.
edit on 4/7/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

We don't need a name. In fact I don't want a name. I do want ethnicity, and if they can give us his citizenship they can do that.

As strange as it may sound to people in the US (I suppose that's your case, like most ATS members), in Europe we do not consider ethnicity a way of identifying people, in the same way birth certificates do not include skin colour.

I'm sure we will get more information about him in the near future, from the police or from the media.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Exactly, the best predictor is always past behavior. So far every attack of this nature I know about has been done by Muslims. It's logical for your first thought to be this one was too. Of course we need to wait for the facts before we make final conclusions still. My experience has been what is said or not said is usually a result of what the facts are and what they don't want people to know for some reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

As strange as it may sound to people in the US (I suppose that's your case, like most ATS members), in Europe we do not consider ethnicity a way of identifying people, in the same way birth certificates do not include skin colour.

I'm sure we will get more information about him in the near future, from the police or from the media.

Right.

www.politics.co.uk...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join