It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi promises to repeal tax cuts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The ratio of corporate tax cuts to personal is about 30:1.

Considering taxing a corporation plus taxing shareholders of said corporation is a double taxation, I'm just fine with that fact. Businesses are why people have jobs. Want to crush a middle class? Tax businesses to death and watch people lose jobs left and right.

Further, the red ink has weakened the dollar. What pittance the tax cut might have given you has been stolen by the weak dollar. You were played like a fiddle.

I've not seen this happening, though. Gas prices are going up a bit, but then it's springtime and that's as predictable as anything else in this world, so exactly what "weakening" of the dollar are you referring to? Furthermore, if the dollar does weaken, what role will 8 years of "quantitative easing" as performed numerous times under Obama play in that weakening? The dollar's value is tied primarily to scarcity, not to the US' deficit spending.

If you do a little homework, William Jefferson Clinton drove the deficit to zero. Janet Yellen was part of the study of how to run the fed when the government isn't deficit spending. However GW Bush took care of that problem.

Well, it was the Republican Congress when Clinton was in office that held 50% of the credit on that. Regardless, I used an 18 year's specification for a reason. It was at the start of Bush's first term that we started spending like madmen, then 8 years of Obama was deficit spending on speed. For those 8 Obama years, the left harped endlessly on how "deficit spending doesn't matter" yet now they've discovered a set of fiscal danglers between their stems? I don't think so.... We all know it's simply a matter of "Dem redistributive spending good, Republican defense spending and non-redistributive tax plans bad." Bottom line, I'll take my own earnings and the rest can go screw themselves as much and as frequently as they wish, the country's spending on defense and infrastructure is not a problem, but the entitlements, Kept Voter payouts, and redistributions are a waste of money some of us worked very hard to earn.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Entitlements have a funding mechanism, other than GW Bush's drug plan. Mind you I call both my senators and congress critter and asked them to just say no to unfunded programs.

Meanwhile the FICA excess income is not in a lock box. Chris Christie is famous for saying that money is spent and you are never getting it back.

Now if you think your money is your money, well you didn't build that. Elizabeth Warren is right in this respect. Of course if you want to see the US turned into Somalia, keep electing Republicans.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's Nice , and I Promise to Wish that Dingbat the Best of Luck when She meets Her Maker in the Next Life , and Complains that the People in Hell don't Deserve like Herself , to be Saved.............

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The ratio of corporate tax cuts to personal is about 30:1. Further, the red ink has weakened the dollar. What pittance the tax cut might have given you has been stolen by the weak dollar. You were played like a fiddle.

If you do a little homework, William Jefferson Clinton drove the deficit to zero. Janet Yellen was part of the study of how to run the fed when the government isn't deficit spending. However GW Bush took care of that problem.

Lotta claims. To show you arent parroting someone else...could you walk me through the math you are using here? Over what period has the dollar weakened how much?

Quantify your argument. Cuz i don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

you didn't build that.

Callouses, sleepless nights, risks taken, and long hours toiled say that's a BS concept invented by a BS president who needed to coddle his BS voter base.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
>>> She wouldn't become Speaker Of The House even if the dems did retake it which is unlikely. She's suffering from dementia and is even less lucid than Hillary most of the time.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

" She's suffering from dementia "

AKA , Bat Shiet Crazy Bee Otch ........Yeah , I can see that Man................

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Right about sunrise there, so they can get the full benefits of sunshine!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I fully expect Nancy Pelosi to be in a mental institution before she gets a chance to do anything of the sort. If people could get committed just for having crazy eyes, she would have been there ages ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

That's Nice , and I Promise to Wish that Dingbat the Best of Luck when She meets Her Maker in the Next Life , and Complains that the People in Hell don't Deserve like Herself , to be Saved.............

Lets see her demand a drink of ice water.

Probably get it too.

Still want to see them Bazooms.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Callouses, sleepless nights, risks taken, and long hours toiled say that's a BS concept invented by a BS president who needed to coddle his BS voter base.

Nope, you somehow bilked the system and cheated your fellow citizen if you started a business.

Just waiting for the old canards about roads, public service and utilities that typically come from the winners who never had a business or understand how the aforementioned specifics function and are funded.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol...we just had to spend 28k to have fiber installed. Every business in our town paid 500 a month to accrue towards installing municpal sewer service that is now starting after 5 years

If there arent already lines installed...the business pays for it. And construction aint cheap.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But you didn't actually get your money-grubbing mitts on the shovels digging the holes for the conduit so you DIDN'T BUILD THAT!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I didn't build that?

How quickly does the whole house of cards crash and burn if all of us who didn't build that decide that it just runs itself independent of what we do and stop showing up?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
How quickly does the whole house of cards crash and burn if all of us who didn't build that decide that it just runs itself independent of what we do and stop showing up?

But we wont because most ambitious, self-supporting, successful people have the hard work gene hard wired into their DNA by the time they reach adulthood. We'll continue to bust our asses while the 'you didn't build that' crowd sits on theirs.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

SPAM content removed by staff.
edit on 22/4/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Still want to see them Bazooms.

You are a sucker for punishment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join