It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi promises to repeal tax cuts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think we should create a law that states that illegal aliens have to get paid the minimum wage citizens get in an area. That will force the people in California to pay the same wage citizens get to illegal aliens. It will force all the farmers to pay California wages instead of paying by the piece if the piece price is less than minimum wage in the area.

More laws? Employers are already breaking the law by hiring illegals and paying them under the table, so I don't see any reason that they wouldn't break this one too...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am kind of hoping the democrats put Ms. Pelosi out to pasture, but then the opposition (republicans) cannot use here as a rally cry. Kind of a mixed old bag. Did I say 'old bag'? Damn ... that must have just slipped out!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

I am kind of hoping the democrats put Ms. Pelosi out to pasture, but then the opposition (republicans) cannot use here as a rally cry.

That's OK. They still have Hillary and Obama.

Kind of a mixed old bag. Did I say 'old bag'? Damn ... that must have just slipped out!

Freudian slip.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think we should create a law that states that illegal aliens have to get paid the minimum wage citizens get in an area. That will force the people in California to pay the same wage citizens get to illegal aliens. It will force all the farmers to pay California wages instead of paying by the piece if the piece price is less than minimum wage in the area.

More laws? Employers are already breaking the law by hiring illegals and paying them under the table, so I don't see any reason that they wouldn't break this one too...

The problem is that the employers are not following the laws when it comes to illegals. They are forcing these people to work for way less and they are not providing the same level of safety usually either. California is allowing this to happen, they are violating equal rights. Oh yeah, equal rights only applies to illegals voting, not making equal pay.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have to agree with you here as well...

It is unacceptable that there are people working in the United States of America without equal protections under the law. Yes, in part this would put a strain on California and so-called "cheap labor." But it would provide much needed protections for individuals doing some pretty tough and dangerous jobs.

Fact of the matter is that the illegal immigrants who are actually holding a job/assimilating into American life and being a part of their community that we should being going to bat for.
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I can see your reasoning. If they made minimum wage more Americans would work those jobs and the job market would dry up for illegals. Would people work for minimum though? I wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's appearing more likely every day that California could elect a REPUBLICAN governor this year.

John Cox is doing something remarkable for a Republican. A recent survey indicates he is now within striking distance of being elected governor of the infamously liberal state in November.

According to the Public Policy Institute of California, Cox (who I greatly respect and have worked with for years) has been gaining support since January and is now the second-place pick for governor among likely California primary voters.

This puts him right behind the leading Democrat and represents a great potential for Cox to win the governorship seven months from now.
www.foxnews.com...

Maybe Californians are capable of being fed-up with high-taxes. Nancy Pelosi is on the wrong side of the fence...but that is a gift to Republicans and ultimately the state of California.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Let Nancy host a 30 min infomercial begging for donations for us government. play that sone in the arms of strangers
watch the donations( tax revenue) roll in!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Governor alone won't matter. They need to elect representatives for the Governor to get anything done.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I hope that every Republican running for office this fall brings this up during whatever debates are held (no sense waiting for the media to bring this up, they won't) and let the democrat candidate state whether he/she thinks this is a good idea or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I can see your reasoning. If they made minimum wage more Americans would work those jobs and the job market would dry up for illegals. Would people work for minimum though? I wouldn't.

Minimum wage with a production bonus. A person can make a decent wage that way. The problem with our society is that the schools somehow teach kids they are above that kind of work. I think farm work is a good way to earn a living, other than the bugs it is not bad work at all. You do not need to join a fitness club either and there are a lot of good people working in fields. When I was young, we lived the summer on the farm and we had self picking strawberry fields. Lots of cute girls came to pick berries with their parents. Not many people take their kids out berry picking nowadays. I took my kids and a granddaughter out strawberry picking at a farm and they had fun. But most kids would rather get their poor quality berries from the store, picked with white tips and never ripening. There is nothing like fresh berries right out of the field, picked ripe.

I even brought the granddaughter out to slaughter turkeys at a friends farm. She helped to pluck the turkeys with us, she did a good job. She knows how to kill and gut them and clean them. We did a good job teaching her how much work it is to put a meal on the table. For helping to slaughter the turkeys, we got one big fresh thirty pounder and a smaller smoked one that was about twenty pounds. If you figured out our hourly wage it probably was only about two bucks an hour. But at least I got to teach her something essential. Her mother goes and buys flowers for planters and around the house and works many hours keeping things up and spends over a hundred buck each years to make her look better. Why not just put in a garden, you get something in return for your investment, but no....try to make yourself look prestigeous...and stupid. I guess that society has trained our young to be stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A lot of great points here

Least of which being the value of something can not always be measured in Dollars!

Berry picking... now that is something I haven't heard in awhile

and you're right about farm work and manual labor. The minute we start thinking we are "better" than that work is when someone needs to remind this country how important farmers really are. That a small percentage of people provide 90 something odd percent of all food in this country

Or those who work in coal mines, oil fields, power plants, solar plants, etc. That small group provides energy for the rest of us

Or the builders out there, who can work with wood, masonry, power tools and who built the foundation of our nation and continue to build today

These are all people worthy of respect in my book. Enough respect that every single person doing these jobs deserves protections under the law, including fair pay for a hard days work. Is there anything more American than that?
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe all this crap we are seeing is 4d chess to make people actually love the government more (Trump)?

The sacrificial arm.

Starting to wonder.

Open talk of right removal and tax increases from one side, making people cheer on and stay in the crappy control structure we all ready have.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Certainly a viable theory

However, I prefer to operate under the assumption this isn't true. Not because I'm in denial, but because if it is true then the situation has gotten several orders of magnitude more serious. On the bright side, at least this would force our fragmented body politic to work together or perish alone

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The tax cut bill was a horrible completely unecessary law that was a travesty.

However, I wouldn't repeal the law completley as that could cause some chaos and businesses will throw tantrums.

I'd say raise the corporate taxes a few percent and institute the tax on financial transactions that some people have been talking about, along with making traders pay income tax instead of capital gains taxes and get rid of the cap on social security witholding that rich people get.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I am the same way, it's time for some hope in this country, we need to move forward.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Since Trump is 'not their President', and since the Democrats wish to undo all that Trump supporters support, her 'ideas' should only be rolled out to liberals - only - the liberals should have to pay all the higher taxes, have no guns and pretend to live in flat-land where borders are for pussies.

Then Pelosttheplot can be their queen, and Mad Max can be their court-jester and the sane component of the population can sit back and belly-laugh at the liberal full-retard slowly imploding.

Put all the liberals and their brainiac ideas into a compound, and then live stream it for the world to see - they will only learn via trial-and-error and they will finally be rid of Trump and prove that their system is better.

Just don't involve the grown-ups in their little group-think experiment.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A vote for the Democrats says:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Screw all those old folks with 401(k) incomes, amirite?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm getting more money in my 401k, more money in my monthly check, more money in this years tax return and will get another $1,000 more next year in my tax return if everything stays the same, and get a, automatic $26,000 deduction even thought I'm married and got about $6.00 hour raise. Leave it go. Trump needs to retire all those Rhinos left over from the past President's destruction of the USA. Once the Federal Reserve Banks are drained by a E.O. Congress will be once again be able to print Debt Free Money backed by Gold and Silver.

Nancy Pelosi wants to pull the plug cause it threatens the Illegals free income and DACA won't get free taxpayer money.

edit on 7-4-2018 by MissionTruth because: Had to add to it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join