It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi promises to repeal tax cuts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

As soon as Democrats retake the House in November, Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told a town hall meeting Wednesday that the first priority is repealing and "replacing" the GOP tax cut package that passed last December.
Speaking to her constituents in Culver City, California, alongside Hollywood Congressman Ted Lieu, Pelosi pledged to discard the popular bill, which has prompted several major American companies to boost wages, share profits, and in some cases move their production operations back from overseas, because Republicans were so secretive in enacting the bill.

www.dailywire.com...

I often write with my tongue firmly planted in cheek. It's who I am. *shrugs*

Many times I have stated that the democrats want to run on;

Higher taxes
Banning guns
Open borders.

I guess we could call it the "Three Pillars of Stupidity".

We all have seen the push to ban firearms. That's not even debatable any longer.

We have all seen the push for sanctuary cities, illegals voting, the census issues.

Now they come out against tax cuts.

I love this! The leftists have taken off the gloves and are actually being honest! Now we can actually see where we stand as a country.

Are we going to be a nation striving for dependence on the government? A nation disarmed and reliant on the government to protect us? A nation with no borders, a nation with no identity except that which is told to us by our government?

Or are we a nation striving for freedom, personal responsibility, independence?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I knew it. The big tax cut promised to the populace really turned out to be cuts for the wealthy. Now they are going to "Repeal" the tax cuts, which will really turn out to be a tax increase for the general populace.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Somewhere it is written that We the People........are collateral damage.

Pawns.

Tools.

It's up to us not to be however I fear the sun is setting on the idea of free and independent Americans.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We will have the nation that we deserve.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

As soon as Democrats retake the House in November, Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told a town hall meeting Wednesday that the first priority is repealing and "replacing" the GOP tax cut package that passed last December.

Their first priority is taking your money, and not boom sticks.

Very interesting.

So when it comes to 'kids dying' they want your money before anything else.

Very telling.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Seems like we already do.

I think the one thing we all would like to see is a change in where an how our tax dollars are spent. Some hoped Obama would, and some Trump. So its been and so it will continue.

Truth is neither side has shown that they are ever capable of handling matters responsibly.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If she can further promise higher prices for healthcare, food and gasoline.... I am definitely on board!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I want to see her fun bags.

Why not, we probably paid for them, anyway.

edit on 4 7 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Sigh, we had Krazy in here the other day trying to push for higher taxes as well as repeal.

Just like many households, how about pushing for a responsible spending agenda and a bare bones budget.
These twits on both sides get paid a ton, have ridiculous bennies, can inside trade and somehow WE should be paying higher taxes.

I hope they raise the price of Pelosis daily face injections, that might teach her.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Lowering taxes bring to the fore the discussion on responsible government spending.

And no one who is pro big government wants to have that conversation.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

responsible government spending

What is this strange term that you speak of?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
And no one who is pro big government...

I'm pro Big Government.

I'm pro our big government gets teleported to the surface of the sun, and not even when it's winter there, send them in August.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

responsible government spending

What is this strange term that you speak of?

It's the same thing as unicorns, free beer, Narnia, honest politicians, Denver Colorado, and diet pizza.

Fun things to talk about that don't really exist.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pro Big Government.

I'm pro our big government gets teleported to the surface of the sun, and not even when it's winter there, send them in August.

I would normally agree since I'm just a sock puppet of yours, but I'd hate to stain the sun that way.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I would actually be ok with the cuts being repealed if I thought for a second that those idiots would actually use the money for something beneficial for we the people.

Instead of some boondoggle meant to repay a big donor, or just give the impression of doing something for a re-election campaign.

Either way glad to see she has finally figured out how to tell the truth, now we will see which group of people is rising to the top to dictate the path our nation takes for the foreseeable future.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are a cruel cruel man(?).

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Can't have the peons enjoying their money they just were allowed to spend again? I can't make this up any more surreal. She is like half in another dimension and more than half out of step with real humans.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I guess we could call it the "Three Pillars of Stupidity".

Trademark it. Its pure gold.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are a cruel cruel man(?).

Indeed.
What did the Sun ever do to him to deserve such treatment?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pro Big Government.

Only because August is your name.... I say April 7 isn't soon enough. It is still in the thousands of Degrees whether we use C or F in April 2018.... I like F for them........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join