It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PIcs from my trip to Europe and my beloved Tower, the Eiffel Tower

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Paris is beautiful isn't it!

I really miss it. I hope to go visit again may be this Summer. I just had some good financial news which means a trip is now very possible.

I love to travel! I wish I could do it more often. Just make sure you post pics wherever you go!

You both look so happy, a lovely couple you make. Your hair looks wicked! Really suits you. I bet you are a well cool person to know.

Why thank you! We are both quite happy and smitten. We are one another's match that's for sure. I love my hair in any color of red or burgundy, dark of course. I had this done by a pro and she did it exactly like the picture I showed her. 6 hours and about $500 later I was done. I had never in my life spent that kind of money on anything let alone my hair! It was well worth it. I have gotten so many compliments on it and my sweetheart loved it. It really does suit my personality.

As for being cool lol sure i think I'm pretty cool, quite goofy but fun!

Thanks for sharing your happy pictures. They are making others smile with you.

Bless!

You are quite welcome. I love making other smile as well and if my pics do that then that is wonderful!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Great pics and I'm happy you had such a wonderful time.

You said your man was 'better than the Frogs', were the Frenchies not nice to you? Do we need to send in Zee Germans again?
HAHA! Better than all the frogs I've kissed in the past
The French were lovely to me but I spoke French and told them I was Canadian, not American haha! My bf laughed every time and when they saw my passport I would act surprised and you know what it made people laugh. Everyone everywhere we went was very friendly and kind, nothing like what many say about the French! I LOVED them! I am also French at heart so that helps.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

You took some great pics and you look like an adorable couple together, you look very happy!!

Paloma has some nice tracks and i like her voice.

Thank you, we are quite happy together, now to get this distance behind us! We are working on that, I will be immigrating to Holland with my son. We are working on a 3 year plan (max) for us to move and live there.

I had never heard of Paloma until my bf introduced me to her and I fell in love! I am listening to her now will I reply to this thread. She is amazing and i Dont know why she isn't more mainstream and popular. Her voice is amazing! I loved her concert, she is so sweet and down to earth. I really enjoyed it. The concert was one of my 8 surprises he had for me. I was insanely excited when I found out he got tickets!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Wonderful pics, glad you had a nice time and what camera did you use?

Thank you. I used my iPhone 6s Plus, best camera I've ever owned! I also used some editing apps to fix the color in some of the photos. Other than that nothing fancy.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What is with all the smiling? How depressing to see someone enjoying themselves so much. It must have been all the pastries and homemade bread....or the wine.

Haha I know right? I was in permanent smile mode those 10 days. I still kind of am right now! I had a blast, best holiday of my life that's for sure.

Oh I gained 5 pounds while i was there! HA! I had cheese with every meal. I even brought home a ton of Dutch cheese especially Gouda, my favorite next to Brie. I remember in France the breakfast buffets had so much cheese! I got one of each and put them on my fresh croissants and went to town! It was delicious. I had some wine, not a lot. I am a light drinker compared to my older days. One glass gave me a buzz!

It's great to see you had such a good time. I have never been overseas, if I did go to Europe I would probably go to Finland. I would like to see some of the ancient old buildings in India too, or some of the old Chinese structures that are thousands of years old.
I had an amazing time. I have been to Italy as well but that was 8 years ago! Finland would be amazing! I would travel all over if I could. My bf loves to travel and see different cultures so I definitely found my match in that. I will be immigrating in the next 3 years (max) to Holland. We want to have a life and settle down and I am the one who wants to move even though he expressed he would too BUT it's Europe! I am going! My son is excited too. SO we will definitely be able to travel easier over there. I want to see the Borealis in Norway, that will be the first thing I tell him we need to plan!

My daughter has been to France twice and to India four times. She has been to England and south America for trips too. She seems burnt out on traveling now. She enjoyed the pastries and breads the most in France.

I will never believe that your hair is naturally that color.

Oh i loved the food in France it was amazing and sooooo different than the states. My favorite cuisines are French and Italian so it was nice to finally have French cuisine! I would love to make it to India as well. All those ancient temples would be amazing to see in person.

Haha it's not. My natural color is a dark auburn color.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow! Loving the pics! You are just adorable together! I love your hair too! Thanks so much for starting this thread and giving us a peek into your wonderful experiences of Paris! HUGS!

NS!! Thank you!!! I am sure you have seen over the years when I was more active that Paris was/is my OBSESSION! This man I tell you is the best! He not only supports my obsession but feeds it. He doesn't even care for the French but went there for me! I still can't believe what he did for little old me. He said the smile on my face was worth it. He is a true keeper in every sense of the word!

I was sitting here Sunday and I got a knock on my door. I opened it and it was a FedEx package. I thought ok I didn't order anything. I opened it and I cried when I saw it. My bf sent me my favorite picture of the Eiffel Tower that i wasn't able to get while there, the one of the stages of it being built. It was on canvas and ready to hang with a sweet note from him on the invoice where he ordered it. Funny thing is about a week or so ago he had asked me in random conversation what picture it was I wanted of the Eiffel Tower but didn't get. I sent him a picture of it from a local French Bakery I was in at the time and he replied with "that's an ugly piece of iron." I laughed and said yes that may be but I love it, that was the end of the conversation. I didn't think anything of it until I got that picture. I called and thanked him and told him how awesome he is and he said he loved to see me smile. I have been left speechless many times by him and for me that is hard! He is someone who treats me like an equal. It is a nice feeling for once after alllll the years of crap with relationships. I was ready to be single cat lady for life. I had no intention of ever dating and then he came out of nowhere, funny how things work out!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

the history of the eiffel tower is quite weird, for one they wanted to dismantle it after the world fair that happened there (convenient huh?) but public protest, made it remain there
then there is the fact that old pictures shown an extra deck at the tower located near the "arches", this deck is composed of strange rooms that look like gazebos with domes above them, anyone that has seen my recent thread, knows where i am getting at

Do you have pictures of what you are referencing with the Eiffel Tower??? These gazebo domes? How old are the pics?

It was only meant to stand for 20 years
But because it worked great as a communications tower it stayed and then it became a symbol of France and one of the most visited places in the world.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
So glad you got to go, and glad you had a great time!

Thank you Gazrok!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

request granted:
m2.tart-aria.info...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 9-4-2018 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

request granted:
m2.tart-aria.info...

That is just the original design of the tower. I am looking a my picture of the stages of it being built. Those are just how it was originally built. I love the style of the original first level!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Kurokage

Thank you, we are quite happy together, now to get this distance behind us! We are working on that, I will be immigrating to Holland with my son. We are working on a 3 year plan (max) for us to move and live there.

I had never heard of Paloma until my bf introduced me to her and I fell in love! I am listening to her now will I reply to this thread. She is amazing and i Dont know why she isn't more mainstream and popular. Her voice is amazing! I loved her concert, she is so sweet and down to earth. I really enjoyed it. The concert was one of my 8 surprises he had for me. I was insanely excited when I found out he got tickets!

So you are going "Dutch" then, sorry had to make a bad joke of it!! I hope you manage to get your plans for a future move done as a soon as you can. I like that you've given yourself a real plan and not just up and left! It gives you, your son and BF time to "dot the i's and cross the t's" and make a more thought out move.

I like Paloma Faiths voice and honesty, she seems very down to earth, she's popular here in Britain but took time out to have her first child (she was a guest on a Sunday morning show I sometimes watch) and has recently released a new album, so you must have caught her new stuff!!
I hope "going Dutch" means the same to you as it does here in Britain. It means splitting some equally here.

edit on 10-4-2018 by Kurokage because: added the last line about "going Dutch"

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

they likely dismantled the first level because it contained secret tech
just like the wardcliffe tower

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23305706]Kurokage

So you are going "Dutch" then, sorry had to make a bad joke of it!! I hope you manage to get your plans for a future move done as a soon as you can. I like that you've given yourself a real plan and not just up and left! It gives you, your son and BF time to "dot the i's and cross the t's" and make a more thought out move.

HAHA everyone makes that joke.

He will be here in November. We have been discussing options and what is the best approach. We will more than likely be married long before I move. It helps with the process to be married vs in a relationship, although that isn't the main reason to get married. We joked about how we never wanted to get married yet for us to be together we would. My son and I are taking Dutch lessons via a few apps and of course I have the best tutor there is! We have many different ideas for work and where to move that would be easier for me to find work. We also have an idea for me to have a business with ties to the states, apparently many expats do that. I guess it makes the move easier.

So we definitely want to cross our t's and dot our i's! I love that he likes to plan and doesn't shy away from talking about the future. We know it will take time and he plans on visiting every 3 months after November. He knows it is easier for him to visit vs myself and my son. One it's far too expensive and two I don't get any paid time so any time i do take off I don't get paid for where he gets like 45 freaking days of holiday! It will be a process but one with a happy ending and we both are fine with waiting.

I like Paloma Faiths voice and honesty, she seems very down to earth, she's popular here in Britain but took time out to have her first child (she was a guest on a Sunday morning show I sometimes watch) and has recently released a new album, so you must have caught her new stuff!!
I hope "going Dutch" means the same to you as it does here in Britain. It means splitting some equally here.
I am actually listening to her again at this moment. She is my go to playlist at work.

I always understood the term as going Dutch to mean just that, equal.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

they likely dismantled the first level because it contained secret tech
just like the wardcliffe tower

What secret tech are you talking about? Are you being sarcastic or serious?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

serious and this theory is very obscure and util very recently it was only know in the russian internet but it recently reached the west wich is when i found it

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I am happy for you having such a great time in all those different european countries. And I completely agree with you that dutch guys are these wonderful rare and kind species on this planet. Those men are a real prize... I should know because I am one..

Thx for posting those pictures,

~Zat~

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 3/15/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 3/15/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join