It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cognitive Dissonance and the left losing its collective mind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
In the movie 2001 a Space Oddesy Hal 9000 is given two directives. One is to keep the mission secret to the crew and to complete the mission at all costs. The other "its prime directive" is to protect the lives of the crew. As the movie progresses these two conflicting directives cause Hal to have cognitive dissonance and it becomes psychotic.

In the 2016 election the media ensured in the minds of America that Hillary would win no matter what. In fact they portrayed Trump as being a ridiculous choice that could never conceiveably win. The left did not and does not understand why anyone would even vote for Trump. So.when Trump did win the Hillary followers went into cognitive dissonance andd lost its collective mind.

Looking back at the way Trump has always been portrayed by the media and the fact that he was such a display in the media. He was a reality TV star who fired people for being inept but did it in a way that itself seemed inept. During the election both the left and the right, corporations and media alike were against him.

My question is was this a multi decade elaborate set up by the powers that run this rock? Have we been set up in order to create a complete civil rift in our society knowingly creating this insanity on the left? Are we walking into a designed civil war?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

I’d hazard a guess that if Hilary won, you’d be seeing the sam lunacy from the right.

Maybe we’ll find out in 2020?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I think that's a very astute observation, it seems that the gameplan is civil war in America and world war for the rest of us. Trump is escalating an already tense situation, he's a wildcard and unpredictable, he's been given the throne for a reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
... My question is was this a multi decade elaborate set up by the powers that run this rock? Have we been set up in order to create a complete civil rift in our society knowingly creating this insanity on the left? Are we walking into a designed civil war?

Highly likely by my reckoning...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I’d hazard a guess that if Hilary won, you’d be seeing the sam lunacy from the right.

I highly doubt it. This is a hard act to follow. At one point she even attempts to summon something. Obviously she failed, but you just don't see these kind of freak outs from conservatives

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Even if what you propose is accurate it still has major flaws in it. Specifically the left and its aversion to firearms and the truth and facts.

Using the county by county map of the 2016 presidential election Trump carried over 2000 counties and Clinton carried slightly more than 400. IF, and thats a big if, a civil war occurs why would the left think it would win a civil war? For starters the military, imo, wont allow it. I think they would nip it in the bud before it started.

As for Democrats and the view on why they lost. Democrats arent as upset about losing but are more upset, to the point of a mental breakdown, of who they lost to. The first woman to run for President, with a supposed lock on everything, against a person they wrote off as having no chance.

The left did not underestimate the Republicans. They completely underestimated the people.

For the first time in a long time the media cant control the message so that coupled with everything else has them in a panic. Their last best hope for elections,after they were exposed to rigging the primary for Clinton and their attempt to bring Trump down with the false russia bs, are illegals.

I am seeing this discussed more and more that if our immigration laws are enforced Democrats would lose seats in the House. Seats mean power and power means control.

The left knows its coming apart and we are seeing that first hand by the number of people from the Clinton / Obama camps going on tv and flat out lying in an attempt to salvage whats left of their power base / party.

Even then people on the left are starting to push back with the sanctuary bs in California and New York.

Do I see a civil war occurring? That depends.

If the left fails to bring down Trump I see them doing what happened to Kennedy and bringing him down that way.

However we come back, imo, to just how out of touch the left / globalists are. If they think this country is going to allow another coup to occur they are sorely mistaken.

They are in utter denial and cant seem to figure out why and that is what makes them dangerous. Nothing is ever their fault so they are never going to comprehend why they lost.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It depends on your perspective really. I'd say 'both sides' have lost their # in ways that mean it may never be recoverable. The 'civil rift' you mention might not be mended for years and the worst of it is a great many people will actively work to make it bigger. You mention 'civil war' too. It was a familiar battle cry in the run-up to the elections.

Perhaps the worst casualty has been individuality? The 'other side' is a monolithic sub-species, huh? They don't think for themselves. The only side with right-minded, sincere and well-meaning individuals is the one you're on.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Shut up and eat your beans.
Else, walk on across that desert.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
My question is was this a multi decade elaborate set up by the powers that run this rock? Have we been set up in order to create a complete civil rift in our society knowingly creating this insanity on the left?

Have we been set up?

Yes, BIGLY...

The only question is, by WHO...

"There is no way he could have been elected if it weren't supernatural. ... I think one of the interesting phenomena from this election as that so many believers around the world prayed that Trump would be elected president. Jacobs even prophesied that Trump would be elected, although she later had to be reminded of it.

"The year before the election, at a New Year's celebration at Chuck Pierce's, I had prophesied that the Lord said, 'I have a trump card in my hand, and I'm going to play it,'" Jacobs said. "'I'm going to trump the system.' In retrospect, you see what God was trying to say."

An 'Urgent, Pentecostal-Type Prayer' Sparked Trump's Election as President

The phrase first appeared in the Tyndale Bible, William Tyndale's 1526 translation of the New Testament, as: "Let every soul submit himself unto the authority of the higher powers. There is no power but of God. The powers that be, are ordained of God". In the 1611 King James Version it became, "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: The powers that be are ordained of God." (rom 13:1), whence it eventually passed into popular language.

en.wikipedia.org...(phrase)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Even if what you propose is accurate it still has major flaws in it. Specifically the left and its aversion to firearms and the truth and facts.

The right and that's you included are just as defunct of truth and facts, it's just that you think you are better, reality is you're just as bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
sorry, I just checked...
I know exactly where my mind is!!!
do you??

there are some things that are worse than having trump in office...
a big one is having his supporters running amok all over the place yapping all the crazy crap they are.
yous did the same thing after bush 2 won, only your yapping was a little saner...
but still your mouth was too big for your britches and well, you lost supporters because of it..
then you lost elections.

the "either your with us or your against us" didn't fly over too well then, your "your either with us or your nuts" isn't flying over too well now...

geez!!! you'd think that if the right is so worried about us crazy liberals starting a civil war, they'd be more than happy to support federal legislation that took the guns out of the hands of the crazies, but instead... they're clinging to their guns, holding fast to their constitutional rights, so afraid that it would be them who would be considered to be the crazies of the world... just in case they need to them to wage war against the US army...
which sounds a lot like civil war to me!!!

heck it seems some think that civil war has already started...

TWP members celebrated their role in the event and glorified Heyer’s death. “Dead commies is never bad…” wrote TWP chat participant ‘Kombat-Unit.’ “1 dead enemy, 35 injured & 2 dead cops is a win to any true revolutionary…” boasted Discord user ‘Harbinger of Hate’. “# your optics…I’m here to fight a #ing war.”

www.unicornriot.ninja...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Dunno man....importing mexicans in contraversion of immigration law just to continue to retain a voting bloc doesnt seem to be very "right".

This all boils down to urban and rural. Which wouldnt really be an isssue if we defederalized our power structure and returned to a more local governance. Again..that threatens power and will never happen.
edit on 4/7/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Seems to me there is a major fail in logic going on.

Being outside of the U. S it's not that clear, but it seems that country folk lean right and city folk lean left and the ginormous difference between the two is a problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seems to me there is a major fail in logic going on.

Being outside of the U. S it's not that clear, but it seems that country folk lean right and city folk lean left and the ginormous difference between the two is a problem.

Yup. That is exactly the problem. Its a problem within the nation as well as individual states. Northern cali wants to ditch southern cali. Illinois is sick of chicago. NY and NYC. Georgia amd Atlanta. On and on.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The right and that's you included are just as defunct of truth and facts, it's just that you think you are better, reality is you're just as bad.

You have anything relevant to add?

I dont think I am better than anyone. The facts I provided are easily verifiable using various websites so why dont you hop on over and research it on your own. I llove it when a foreign national jumps in on these conversations without an adequate understanding of the situation.
edit on 7-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

so, just how would decentralization help that out...
the control would fall back onto the states...
I'm from central NY, upstate if you wish. ya there's a little friction between the upstate areas and NYC/Albany,
but if the power fell back to the state, well that would be albany, who will always walk hand in hand with the city.
what decentralization would do is give free reign to those predominently red or blue states to make policies that are strictly red or blue.. ignoring the minority in their own populations, who would then be practically force to relocate to the states that are more to their liking or conform.. the "we can't live with those people" would be intensified... the union would end up being broken to pieces and we'd probably have red states at war with blue states.
while the rest of the world watches and waits for their chance to plunder...
because a state is not as powerful as a unified nation!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I've been considering a similar post for a while, I'm very Left Wing (but in the UK, it's a bit different) and wouldn't have made the thread as an attack on the Right, thus opening it up for everyone to discuss.

Your example is American but this is happening all over the world. We are being turned on one another. In America it's Hillary v Trump, Gun Owners v Gun Control Advocates, and so on.

In Britain it's Brexiteers v Remainers,

Then the world over we have the migrant crisis which is being used to make us close our borders and become more insular.

Everyone keeps talking about how TPTB want a one One World Government but, increasingly, it seems like the official narriative has become driven towards isolating nations, not uniting them under one flag. Is this the case, or is it really a divide and conquer strategy?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

they've been proving to us for quite some time now that our democracies don't work, that we need a new form a gov't, one that will end all the wars, save our economy, and ensure the rights of every person on earth...
which they can't do but what the heck, it sounds good, right?
of course, our democracies would work find if we didn't consistently have people running them that were trying so hard to dismantle them, but most don't see that one, or they think it's just one side that is doing it...
I know that the right think that the russia gate crap is just a big nothing burger, but well, if they are wrong, well...
there's a good chance the they can blow through the whole chain of command and not find anyone who isn't implicated in it and then they can say in truth that our democracy doesn't work any longer, there is no answer in the constitution as to what to do when the whole chain of command is found to be corrupted.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

so, just how would decentralization help that out...
the control would fall back onto the states...
I'm from central NY, upstate if you wish. ya there's a little friction between the upstate areas and NYC/Albany,
but if the power fell back to the state, well that would be albany, who will always walk hand in hand with the city.
what decentralization would do is give free reign to those predominently red or blue states to make policies that are strictly red or blue.. ignoring the minority in their own populations, who would then be practically force to relocate to the states that are more to their liking or conform.. the "we can't live with those people" would be intensified... the union would end up being broken to pieces and we'd probably have red states at war with blue states.
while the rest of the world watches and waits for their chance to plunder...
because a state is not as powerful as a unified nation!

If you are asking for a silver bullet...one never exists. In Texas, for example, the issue would then become the wear on the roads due to mineral extraction in the west that funds the extravagant I35 corridor in the east. As one of many examples. But at least it reduces the complexity of our problem, so we can find more local solutions.
edit on 4/7/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join