It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo ending 'catch and release' immigration policy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: 3daysgone
That is very true.

It was more of a joke. Maybe if every country got rid of their borders it would make everything better.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone
I figured it was a joke. In the defense of “slave labor” most of all of humans greatest achievement in structure building did use slaves.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
He should catch the illegals and make them build the wall to repay the cost of feeding and housing them.

Wouldn't that be a hoot, hire illegals to build our wall.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Call it what you want, but it would definitely give pause to someone thinking about crossing the border illegally.

Why? It is what they would be going there for anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Are they going to increase immigration court sizes to go along with the increase in detention? Because its going to cost a # ton more money to house people then catch and release...

Yes and Trump has already done that. He instructed changes to the immigration court system, adding more immigration judges, moving them closer to deportation areas, changing their sifts / hours so more judges are available later into the night / early mornings.

In addition to catch and release under Obama, Obama also changed the way deportations were tabulated. Before people who were caught and immediately sent back were never counted as part of deportation numbers. Obama changed it to include those numbers which in turn inflated the numbers reported as deportation. Thats how he / the left were able to lie when they kept claiming obama deported more than any other president.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You Need to be fair!
catch and release ALL criminals.
That US citizens, for the same crimes!
see it you like that?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wouldn't that be a hoot, hire illegals to build our wall.

Sure , it's not like Trump hasn't done it before.

Donald Trump quietly paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he stiffed a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish laborers to demolish a department store to make way for Trump Tower.

The case originated in the summer of 1980, when Trump was under pressure to finish the demolition of the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue in New York City so that he could begin construction on his signature project, the Trump Tower.
As noted in an Aug. 25, 2016, story in TIME, Trump hired a group of undocumented Polish laborers who put in “12-hour shifts with inadequate safety equipment at subpar wages that their contractor paid sporadically, if at all.”
time.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If you don't like it don't come here ilegally unless you can pay your bill. Just like you wash dishes if you can't pay your restaurant bill.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The story mentions how Trump is asking if military facilities can "hold" enough people !!

Hooray! They really are building the camps now! Once we try 'em out with Mexicans, we can start adding other Untermenschen, like you and me! Alex Jones is truly a prophet.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Work them before they work us.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Makes sense. You wouldn't set bail on a criminal who never shows up for their hearings.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The story mentions how Trump is asking if military facilities can "hold" enough people !!

Hooray! They really are building the camps now! Once we try 'em out with Mexicans, we can start adding other Untermenschen, like you and me! Alex Jones is truly a prophet.

We don't agree on much, but I tend to agree with you here. We don't need camps. We do need to immediately repatriate foreign nationals who illegally enter our country back to their actual country of citizenship.

Where I don't agree is that these people can be detained and them simply released into our country. Since they are in the wind the second they walk out of federal custody, it is important to make sure they don't exit federal custody until they've been returned to the nation they are actually supposed to be living in OR until their asylum request (for asylum seekers) can be formally heard/decided.

Of course there will always be issues of asylum seekers, but it is clear asylum is being used as an excuse to stay in our country. So we can either "close the loophole" (like many would love to do with firearms...) or we can do the right thing and accept that some people (maybe even a LOT of people) will abuse an otherwise decent system.

Once again, as I have written before, we are the United States of America the most powerful nation on the Earth and that alone comes with certain responsibilities and commitments. We cannot start turning away asylum seekers, because if we reject even 1 legitimate asylum seeker out of 100,000 then we've done our own heritage as the beacon of freedom and justice a huge disservice.

I do not support illegal aliens entering our country illegally. But I do support doing the right thing. And IMO, the right thing is to to address asylum requests in an expedited fashion, and possibly provide some type of accountability/tracking on those individuals who's status is up in the air.
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Sure , it's not like Trump hasn't done it before.
Donald Trump quietly paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he stiffed a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish laborers to demolish a department store to make way for Trump Tower.

Either you are for it or against it. We need the workers, and I wish we could document them with limited work visas where they come here and work then go home, but that is a long way off. We don't need their whole family here using up our limited resources and we don't need all the human trafficking that is the biggest part of it all.

With Trump, did he go out and say I want undocumented workers or did he hire a company that used them. I can see a company bidding on the project and once they won the bid they would go the path of most profit. They would not come back to Trump and say we will charge you less...lol

"Stiffed a union pension fund" what the hell does that mean other than he either use union workers or he stiffs a union pension fund and gets a class-action that seems so F'en wrong. I guess in NY he is forced to use union workers no matter what...

edit on 7-4-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It's happening !!

Meanwhile, the U.S. military is planning $500 million in new construction at the Guantanamo Bay Navy Base. That includes a $250 million replacement hospital and barracks for 848 prison troops as well as a 13,000-migrant tent city for housing 5,000 U.S. forces

more on the way

😮😯

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well that made my day! Thanks for posting and THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT!

MAGA!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

According to the source of that article:

At DHS, spokesman David Lapan said by email that the department’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement division “was not directly involved in this contract.” ICE he said, “does not have any plans to use this facility for any new/additional detention.”

Might be the new Ellis Island.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Remember when Republicans used to lie and try to cover up the fact that they hate Mexicans?!

What an ass, and everyone that supports this is a dirtbag and a racist. Trump should be in a prison camp for harboring so many criminals in his administration and campaign.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

are you implying all illegals are Mexican or all Mexicans are illegal? And second, why are you so racist as to say either of those?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

According to the source of that article:

At DHS, spokesman David Lapan said by email that the department’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement division “was not directly involved in this contract.” ICE he said, “does not have any plans to use this facility for any new/additional detention.”

Might be the new Ellis Island.

Yes of course.

Absolutely of course.

😁

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think we are all slaves to something.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join