It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate...on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Typical ignorant post from a hillbilly redneck hick who thinks he knows everything but can't see the nose on his face.
You should go get a proper education

I know why you would have to buy people a meal, I have read your cooking stories, better buy it for them, nobody could stomach your food

Thick skin, more than just thick skin related to you...what were we arguing about?

Anyway

I get the feeling that people are a little deeper and hold a little more substance to themselves than what we read of them on an Internet forum. Sometimes we only see the one dimensional

WOW!!

Bitter much???

LOL!!!

ETA...That's classic. EPIC even!! I'm stunned!! That you could come out of the blue with such a statement, demonstrates immaturity beyond description!! THANKS...for illustrating that!!

But the way you countered here..still looks like you hurl your share of insults and names.

Bitter. Immature.

I'm not criticizing you for using adjectives. But the point of your thread man...seems like you already forgot.

edit on 6-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

I certainly won't be, not ever again after this!!!

Have a great life!

Buh Bye!

Sorry FCD, I was stereotyping, it was a joke, a parody
Guess I should have been clearer

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well, put things in perspective. I think not, but you are entitled to your opinion none the less. I respect it all the same.

I'll stand.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Typical ignorant post from a hillbilly redneck hick who thinks he knows everything but can't see the nose on his face.

I know why you would have to buy people a meal, I have read your cooking stories, better buy it for them, nobody could stomach your food

Thick skin, more than just thick skin related to you...what were we arguing about?

Anyway

I get the feeling that people are a little deeper and hold a little more substance to themselves than what we read of them on an Internet forum. Sometimes we only see the one dimensional

WOW!!

Bitter much???

LOL!!!

ETA...That's classic. EPIC even!! I'm stunned!! That you could come out of the blue with such a statement, demonstrates immaturity beyond description!! THANKS...for illustrating that!!

But the way you countered here..still looks like you hurl your share of insults and names.

Bitter. Immature.

I'm not criticizing you for using adjectives. But the point of your thread man...seems like you already forgot.

What insult did he give?

"That you could come out of the blue with such a statement, demonstrates immaturity beyond description!"

Is than an insult or an opinion? Honestly asking.

link   

Anyway

WOW!!

Bitter much???

LOL!!!

Hmmm, I think your thick skin was tested....

link   

Yes, you're correct...I perhaps misunderstood.

Please be more 'clearer'.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not really.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Anyway

WOW!!

Bitter much???

LOL!!!

Bitter. Immature.

What insult did he give?

"That you could come out of the blue with such a statement, demonstrates immaturity beyond description!"

Oh. So I can say you're a bitter immature jerk, but that's just an opinion, not an insult?

Dayum!

Watch out mods, I got lots of opinions to start expressing around here

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Good Go,
I will debate you.

Kind of like preaching
to the choir, but there must
be something we disagree upon.

How about this:
I bet I can set up a Fusion Reactor
to clean up the Communist Pacific Garbage
Patch faster than you can swim out there
in my gals Speedo that she will donate to you.
She says that she will even spray it with WD-40
to make you go faster.

Just to give you a fair chance.

Cheers! P.S. Don't forget to clean up your mess

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Have a great life!

Buh Bye!

I'm guessing you have a rapport with FCD, and you may have indulged in some libations or other mind altering substances tonight?
You wouldn't be the first to post while intoxicated, or had a joke fall flat regardless.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

Good Go,
I will debate you.

Kind of like preaching
to the choir, but there must
be something we disagree upon.

How about this:
I bet I can set up a Fusion Reactor
to clean up the Communist Pacific Garbage
Patch faster than you can swim out there
in my gals Speedo that she will donate to you.
She says that she will even spray it with WD-40
to make you go faster.

Just to give you a fair chance.

Cheers! P.S. Don't forget to clean up your mess

If said Speedo is leopard striped, I got my money on FCD.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

What a hilarious debate!

Hoo Haa!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Whoa...did I say "jerk"??? Did I???

No, no I did not. Did I direct any single thing at the "person"??? Nope, no I didn't.

Wanna fight???

Let's go! Want a war of wits...fasten your seat belt(s).

Seems like you'd like to scrap tonight, and frankly I generally agree with you, BUT, if you want to scrap...let's go!!

Not sure why you're so honery tonight, but then again I'm not sure I care.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

You win.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Have a great life!

Buh Bye!

I'm guessing you have a rapport with FCD, and you may have indulged in some libations or other mind altering substances tonight?
You wouldn't be the first to post while intoxicated, or had a joke fall flat regardless.

Nope on both counts, 1pm and just got back from kayaking on the river, thought I would just throw a typical reply I see on here occasionally to express the reality of the thread

I didn't think the joke it fell flat, I think it is quite funny, I think it grew larger than intended

I think FCD thinking I Would argue over his comments, that really can't be argued over, don't justify an argument, don't really justify my comments in the first place is interesting

Maybe it's not my comments, maybe people come here looking for a fight?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Anyway

WOW!!

Bitter much???

LOL!!!

Bitter. Immature.

What insult did he give?

Oh. So I can say you're a bitter immature jerk, but that's just an opinion, not an insult?

Dayum!

Watch out mods, I got lots of opinions to start expressing around here

Are you asking that about me?
I do not know the answer to your question, but I'm not a mod. I would suggest the initial comment was unwarranted (joke or not), and the follow up by me was an attempt to clarify the positions.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Whoa...did I say "jerk"??? Did I???

No, no I did not. Did I direct any single thing at the "person"??? Nope, no I didn't.

Wanna fight???

Let's go! Want a war of wits...fasten your seat belt(s).

Seems like you'd like to scrap tonight, and frankly I generally agree with you, BUT, if you want to scrap...let's go!!

Not sure why you're so honery tonight, but then again I'm not sure I care.

I say go with the Speedo and WD-40 option. You can at least put that on a resume at some point.

You could probably get a government job with the DNC.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'm 'ornery' every night.

But the point I'm making here is this:

They're just words. Where's the line between opinion and name-calling? Or a description that makes someone feel insulted?

If someone told me I lived a sheltered life, or that I'm bitter and immature, I'd consider it an insult. You don't know what that means to the person you're calling that thing.

Opinions can be insulting, and expressed in insulting ways.

Opinions are also part of debates.

edit on 7-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This has turned into an interesting thread!

Not what I expected. All good in any case.

It serves a good point, and the point of the OP.

Thank you all for replying.

I find this infinitely amusing...and surprising actually.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Have a great life!

Buh Bye!

Nope on both counts, 1pm and just got back from kayaking on the river, thought I would just throw a typical reply I see on here occasionally to express the reality of the thread

I didn't think the joke it fell flat, I think it is quite funny, I think it grew larger than intended

I think FCD thinking I Would argue over his comments, that really can't be argued over, don't justify an argument, don't really justify my comments in the first place is interesting

Maybe it's not my comments, maybe people come here looking for a fight?

People do indeed come here looking for debate. I wouldn't say a fight. Forgive me for trying to find an alternative reason for what you posted.

I wish you well, and I recognize you as a poster I have often seen.
Most posters on this site are far more active than myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join