It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is This Possible - DOJ Tells Congress NO - Even Though Congress Has Oversight of DOJ.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
LORETTA LYNCH, the DOJ Attorney General under President Obama, will appear on NBC Nightly News this coming Monday. She wants to "set the record straight" about her Tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton, among other things.

Story: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

She'd better be honest. When she's eventually called to testify about facts uncovered in the upcoming report from the DOJ Inspector General, Lynch will be compelled to tell the truth... if her morals are functioning properly.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How long has it been since Hillary was caught using her private server? Almost 6 years? You guys are chasing a pipe dream, if she isn't in jail by now then she's not going to be.

The alleged consensual boom-boom between Stormy Daniels and Donald Trump was in 2006...12 years ago. No laws were broken, yet that nothing-burger has consumed hundreds of hours/thousands of words, at liberal "news" outlets.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's actually a sign this might be going somewhere. There's no reason for her to come out of the shadows and get ahead of the story if there isn't something making headway. They've ignored the story this long. Why does she suddenly feel the need to go public?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Yet she's still doing her rounds and giving public speeches. Doesn't seem like she's too worried to me. Maybe because she knows something those who keep calling for her arrest don't, that nothing is going to come of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Good point! James Comey is starting his book tour next week. She might want to "butter him up" in public, to (hopefully) keep him from throwing her under the bus. You're right. The timing is fishy for sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
BREAKING LATE FRIDAY DEVELOPMENT

"Dept of Justice Grants House and Senate Intel Committee Full Access To Review FISA Application…"

In an interesting development, the Department of Justice has responded to HPSCI Chairman Devin Nunes notifying him the DOJ will allow all members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees full access to review the unredacted FBI/DOJ FISA application used to gain a Title-1 surveillance warrant against U.S. citizen Carter Page.
Much More at: theconservativetreehouse.com... n/

I'm not sure if this is related to the documents referenced in the Opening Post, but it's good to see that Jeff Sessions (or Rod Rosenstein) has apparently taken control of this saga.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

this # is getting real weird. We as regular people are seeing the levers hidden pulling on things.. Who's really running the show? seems like whoever has the most leverage at any given point rather than established chains of command...

The push back is fun to watch.
if I was involved I'd push way harder, but I do have much less to lose.

edit on 7-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yet she's still doing her rounds and giving public speeches. Doesn't seem like she's too worried to me. Maybe because she knows something those who keep calling for her arrest don't, that nothing is going to come of it.

Hillary Clinton is Veruca Salt, all grown up.

Money can only take a bad egg so far....

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Report on the Organization of CongressEdit

Oversight is an implied rather than an enumerated power under the U.S. Constitution.[2] The government's charter does not explicitly grant Congress the authority to conduct inquiries or investigations of the executive, to have access to records or materials held by the executive, or to issue subpoenas for documents or testimony from the executive

You could just look stuff up before starting a thread and avoid this.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What facts uncovered in the upcoming report?

You are sounding like you've seen it. Have you seen it when no one else has?

Oh you just know I get it. His report will be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT this time. It just has to be right? Shakes head. If they're honest it won't be. But it could be another fictional tale like the one Nunes told in his silly little I didn't read nor did I even see the source documents memo two months ago. LOL which no one took seriously once it got released.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

He changed his mind? No he found out he couldn't just #ing lock her up. He's found out he can't do a lot of things he would like to do. Like shut Mueller and his team up. Lol. Oh well. He still has a few lessons he hasn't learned and he's getting schooled hard.
Maybe he will pass but I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think the important thing to note is that Devin Nunes is not "Congress".

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ok. What ever you say. Lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
April 6, 2018

Something is not right here. The Department of Justice was created by Congress. Congress has oversight of the DOJ. This DOJ is run by Republican Jeff Sessions. Jeff Session's boss is Republican Donald Trump.

Yet, when the Republican head of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee asks for ONE document, the DOJ tells him:

The Department of Justice on Friday dismissed Rep. Devin Nunes demand for an unredacted copy of the document that initiated the FBI’s investigation of links between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign.
Much More at: www.politico.com...

And likewise, the Judiciary Committee was only given 3,000 of the 1.2 million documents it requested from the DOJ/FBI, related to its paperwork on potential laws broken by Hillary Clinton.
Ref: thehill.com...

Shouldn't Attorney General JEFF SESSIONS step in here, and tell his department heads to fulfill Congress's request? To follow the law of the land?

Like I said at the top...
SOMETHING IS AWRY

-CareWeMust

Really digging for info on those 24,000 sealed documents huh....lol...sniffing around looking for cold drafts....lol....trying to figure out how everyone has been kept out of a loop big enough to fit around their own necks....lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Throwing her under the bus? Isn't the book already published? You think he might just add a chapter if lynch doesn't placate him? I'm really not getting this statement from you at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Good now they will see no laws were broken in obtaining it. Just like the folks who did see it ALL SAY!!! Yay a victotory. Lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Money doesn't change reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Their source is CNN. There's a joke in there somewhere. LOL

edit on 472018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Because there is no personal accountability. No one is going to sign arrest warrants, kick their doors in and haul them away at 5 in the morning.

There are double standards. And this "administrative state" is entirely out of control. No longer serves the people or the interests of this country and should be disbanded along with its employees terminated from public employ.

Minus a handful of dedicated and most-importantly PROVEN LOYAL public servants. And I don't mean loyal to Trump, I couldn't care less about that as far as our federal LE is concerned. I am talking loyalty to our nation, its people and its system of law and Constitutional governance!!
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Saturday April 7, 2018 Update.

Even though DOJ last night allowed the House and Senate Intel Committees to see the original documents used to Spy on Carter Page, The "Electronic Communication" (EC) is still being withheld.

With respect to Nunes’s specific demand for the electronic communication — “EC” in investigative jargon — that officially kicked off the counterintelligence “collusion” investigation, the Department of Justice and the FBI seem to have drawn the line.

Source: Entitled "What is the FBI Hiding?": www.powerlineblog.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join